The New Master (1 Viewer)

Nothing like inspecting the goods before you buy ^&grin. TG’s Roman civilian range is expanding nicely. I guess like me, you are keen to purchase the Emperor’s garden sets. Robin.

Great scene Steve. Love the building behind. Nice work for this period once again using TGM figurines.

Cheers,
Grey

I don’t think I’d like to see that scene on a shelf in any house I walked into.

The young female slave figurines seem to have been somewhat overly erotically sculpted.

its just all a bit weird & unpleasant.

Not for me.

The young female slave figurines seem to have been somewhat overly erotically sculpted.

Not for me.

My thinking is more like the following:

Nothing like inspecting the goods before you buy ^&grin. TG’s Roman civilian range is expanding nicely. I guess like me, you are keen to purchase the Emperor’s garden sets. Robin.
Certainly thinking about purchasing one of the figures, but really wanting a return to Market place figures and accessories{sm0}

Love the 3D printed items.
Paddy

Thanks Paddy. :salute:: For me I really like how 3D printing gives the possibilities of setting a scene without having to be a fabulous modeller.

Great scene Steve. Love the building behind. Nice work for this period once again using TGM figurines.

Cheers,
Grey

Thanks Grey:salute::
The figures are really helped in my opinion by the building, but without the figures no story can be told !
Looking forward to seeing more everyday Romans !

Not for me.

Well since you'll never be invited into my house that's fine !:tongue:

If you find the sculpts of figures weird and unpleasant, don't buy simples.

I would of preferred them in more cowered poses as I'm sure that would of been more accurate, but TG didn't produce that, they produced what they obviously thought would be good sellers, remember they are a business and plenty of collectors have liked them enough to buy as TG sold out quickly, so as far as they are concerned they made the right business decision.

TG got it historically right with the females in that all items of clothing was stripped from them by the Slavers, as was also the males. God knows how that would of effected your sensibilities if TG had done that !

That’s a lucky master 😉

The temple building really looks the part as well!

Thanks tman :salute::

My thinking is more like the following:

HaHaHa ! Good one Matt :salute::

That temple is amazing, Steve. Would look great in many scenes.

Thanks Rob :salute::

Yes it could, not just ancient Roman or Greek but WW2 Italian Campaign dioramas, Liberation of Rome say or maybe even Southern France post D-Day WW2 scene would work just as well !

Not for me.

It is all about context for me. If there were a lot of them or rows and rows of them then i could understand what you mean. In my collection if you just looked at 2 or 3 of my cabinets which are full of SS then you would think i was a Nazi, but as it is just about 30% of my collection then you can see i collect WW2 stuff.

I think the figures in the diorama are in context, it looks to me a great representation of what must have happened thousands of time in Roman history. Sad and brutal, but true. What is 'erotic' and the 'level it is erotic' is once again an individual perception. As another TFrogger highlighted, if you do not like them, do not buy them or even look at them.

It is all about context for me. If there were a lot of them or rows and rows of them then i could understand what you mean. In my collection if you just looked at 2 or 3 of my cabinets which are full of SS then you would think i was a Nazi, but as it is just about 30% of my collection then you can see i collect WW2 stuff.

I think the figures in the diorama are in context, it looks to me a great representation of what must have happened thousands of time in Roman history. Sad and brutal, but true. What is 'erotic' and the 'level it is erotic' is once again an individual perception. As another TFrogger highlighted, if you do not like them, do not buy them or even look at them.

Yes, to the school boy scholars of Benny Hill & Frankie Howard, this must all seem historically gritty and accurate.

And you’re right, I will not be buying these any time soon.

But I will express my opinion.

To each their own...

attachment.php

Nice one Rob! You have captured the felines quite well in this scene.

Cheers,
Grey

To each their own...

attachment.php

HaHa !🤣 Very good Rob, I see on the TG website they are showing Nymphs for the Emperor's Garden, someone will surely be triggered by this display of nudity. Anyone would think you're not to have fun with your toy soldiers ! Great looking photo by the way Rob !

Great pictures Steve and Rob {bravo}}

By the way the Benny Hill Show is being re-run on THAT'S TV available on Freesat, Freeview and SKY in the UK.........I'm hoping for a complete re-run of Bernard Manning, at the moment some BM is available on YOUTUBE

Cheers

Martyn:)

Oh yes Benny was the fastest milkman in the west and Frankie Howerd was fun in Up Pompeii

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5vCptnfn-s

HaHa !🤣 Very good Rob, I see on the TG website they are showing Nymphs for the Emperor's Garden, someone will surely be triggered by this display of nudity. Anyone would think you're not to have fun with your toy soldiers ! Great looking photo by the way Rob !
Thanks, you too Steve. You got me curious about the Emperor's Garden Nymphs but I don't see them on the TG website. Ant particular place?

Nice one Rob! You have captured the felines quite well in this scene.
Thanks Grey.

Great pictures Steve and Rob
Thanks Martyn. Had to "chime in". Steve makes some excellent scenes.

Oh yes Benny was the fastest milkman in the west and Frankie Howerd was fun in Up Pompeii
Love Benny Hill, but as a "ghastly American", I always had a hard time understanding him, esp. when he would recite those little limericks. {sm4}

The link is for the unpainted ones. I guess because TG haven't announced this months releases as yet they're not listed but does show what the painted ones when they become available look like Rob.
There are three Nymphs and an Empress, though she seems to be lacking decorum also !
She's such a show off 🤣

https://www.tomgunn.co.uk/product/rom153k-garden-nymph-1/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back