The Outlaw King from Netflix (1 Viewer)

So far Chris Pine looks (and sounds) good in the role. Although most of the nobility should actually speak French I understand why they have Scots accents.

I am thrilled by the trailer so.

A Bruce, A Bruce, Ride on Braveheart! (Braveheart actually refers to Robert the Bruce rather than William Wallace)

Looks good. The director and star from 'Hell or High Water' will make for a worthwhile watch, IMO. -- Al

Watched this last night and was very impressed with it. Very well acted and there are some beautiful shots of the countryside. They should expand on the story. -- Al

Watched this last night and was very impressed with it. Very well acted and there are some beautiful shots of the countryside. They should expand on the story. -- Al

I am happy to hear it. I am watching it tonight

I saw this film this weekend.

It was Excellent. I was never a Chris Pine fan from his previous works, Star Trek, Wonder Woman, etc, but this role was made for him.

Story, characters, all excellent I like the way it picked up from the William Wallace (Braveheart) character. This film really carries on the story.
I now feeling like watching Braveheart and this one back to back. This film could have easily been a theatrical release IMHO.

Walt

It was Excellent. I was never a Chris Pine fan from his previous works, Star Trek, Wonder Woman, etc, but this role was made for him.

Story, characters, all excellent I like the way it picked up from the William Wallace (Braveheart) character. This film really carries on the story.
I now feeling like watching Braveheart and this one back to back. This film could have easily been a theatrical release IMHO.

Walt
I really enjoyed as did my wife.

Walt
If you liked Pine in this, give him a watch in Hell or High Water. He plays a Texan robbing banks to save the family home. It's superb. -- Al

If you liked Pine in this, give him a watch in Hell or High Water. He plays a Texan robbing banks to save the family home. It's superb. -- Al

I have not heard of that one, I will check that out, thanks.

Walt

Enjoyed this one last night. Many scenes based on historical fact, although changed somewhat for the movie, The Bruce's sister (not wife) was suspended in a cage. The capture of the castle by Douglas during Palm Sunday services was based on fact. Good flick. Chris

I have not seen it yet as I am on vacation, but will catch it next week when I get home. One of my son's friends was an extra on the film. He was hit by a horse, knocked into a ditch and the handle of his sword punctured his pancreas which had to be removed. Thankfully he made a full recovery. So the battle scenes should be good.

I saw it today and really enjoyed it! Great acting, scenery and battle scenes, specially Loudoun Hill. It’s worth watching, I honestly can’t imagine someone not liking it.

I have not seen it yet as I am on vacation, but will catch it next week when I get home. One of my son's friends was an extra on the film. He was hit by a horse, knocked into a ditch and the handle of his sword punctured his pancreas which had to be removed. Thankfully he made a full recovery. So the battle scenes should be good.

Good grief! His entire pancreas? That’s a major, life changing event. So sorry. Hope their insurance is paying for his ongoing, lifelong medical needs.

I watched this 2 nites ago, excellent, it might be too gruesome for some of the ladies though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back