the Turtle (1 Viewer)

W T Allison II

Command Sergeant Major
This one of his most innovative sets. Next photo will show the inside. Note the base.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 262
Excellent set Tommy, love the use of the starfish as a base:cool:

Cheers

Martyn:)

Very cool Tommy, Mr. Hocker really is the William Britain of our time, probably more so as a lot of his sets have so much movement to them.

Very cool and creative! A charming piece to have in your collection.

Awesome piece. I received one of these as a gift from Louis and it now resides in my son's collection. Isnt it an octopus base? My son loves it. I will have to post a picture of my son's shelf, he does ok for a 6 year old!!! Really he considers my collection his and gets very upset when I swap anything out!!

Tom

Awesome piece. I received one of these as a gift from Louis and it now resides in my son's collection. Isnt it an octopus base? My son loves it. I will have to post a picture of my son's shelf, he does ok for a 6 year old!!! Really he considers my collection his and gets very upset when I swap anything out!!

Tom
Hi Tom: It is an interesting piece especially as to how it opens to reveal the mechanics as to how it works. You are correct about the base which is very innovative. I think this is one of Bill's best sets.

I know this submersible was designed during the civil war but was it ever built ? If so what happened to the brave soul who was foolish enough to test it ?

I know this submersible was designed during the civil war but was it ever built ? If so what happened to the brave soul who was foolish enough to test it ?
It was built and piloted by David Bushnell and he unsuccessfully attempted to sink the HMS Eagle, the British flagship, in September 1776 in the New York harbor by attaching a powerful explosive to her hull.

It was built and piloted by David Bushnell and he unsuccessfully attempted to sink the HMS Eagle, the British flagship, in September 1776 in the New York harbor by attaching a powerful explosive to her hull.

Older than I thought, hope Bushnell survived his experiment...................

Interesting Tommy, when I visted your office a couple of years ago , I saw your set , and immeditely contacted Bill and had one made.

I too think it might be my favorite Toy Soldier ever!

Interesting Tommy, when I visted your office a couple of years ago , I saw your set , and immeditely contacted Bill and had one made.

I too think it might be my favorite Toy Soldier ever!
Thanks Greg. Good to hear from you.

You won't find this anywhere else. I ordered mine today. Definetly a conversation piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back