Things that I really like (1 Viewer)

I really like Science Fiction, especially when it's based on Military Action and includes lots of violence. Always been a fan of the XBox Halo Games and enjoyed watching Season 1 of the recent Halo TV Series, despite the usual alterations to appease the Polically Correct afflicted.

Master Chief Kicking Covenant Butt.

Always reminds me of the fun Starship Troopers series of books, etc.
Paddy

I loved Stargate the movie, Stargate SG-1 ,Stargate Atlantis ,Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek TOS, really all Star Treks including the movies, Outer Limits old & new Twilight Zone ,Alien movies, Preditor movies, Time Machine Old version and probably a lot more than that that I can't think of.
Mark

Cool Hand Luke. Great movie. It was on TCM again last night. I could watch that one a thousand times. Paul Newman and George Kennedy were great.

Cool Hand Luke. Great movie. It was on TCM again last night. I could watch that one a thousand times. Paul Newman and George Kennedy were great.

Strother Martin killed his character too...great performance...also in Butch Cassidy too...

Strother Martin killed his character too...great performance...also in Butch Cassidy too...

He was also great in True Grit and Slapshot.

• Mattie Ross : Do you know a Marshal Rooster Cogburn?
    Col. G. Stonehill : Most people around here have heard of Rooster Cogburn and some people live to regret it. I would not be surprised to learn that he's a relative of yours.

Martin was a brilliant character actor. He almost stole The Wild Bunch as the bounty hunter Coffer and did the same in Hard Times as Poe, the medical ring man. -- Al

Better access to Historical info.

They learn more every year.
Dad had some moldy Encyclopedias for his info.
I had better books & info.

Now, we can look up any era or locale of History instantly. I think this is a boon!

Paddy for Pats

Halloween. Adults that refuse to grow up have tried to screw it up, but still a nice time for kids.

Antiques. I just love things that were touched by human hands when they were being created, even hands of people with dubious taste{sm4}. Antique furniture, clocks, scrimshaw, globes (I especially love how globes from different eras show you the course of new discoveries and how political boundaries developed over time), militaria (especially period uniforms and colors) all hold a special place in my heart.

Antiques. I just love things that were touched by human hands when they were being created, even hands of people with dubious taste{sm4}. Antique furniture, clocks, scrimshaw, globes (I especially love how globes from different eras show you the course of new discoveries and how political boundaries developed over time), militaria (especially period uniforms and colors) all hold a special place in my heart.

I couldn't agree more.
My parents introduced me to this world of interest.
Dad may like it even more than me.
And Mom may like it best! Now that's a rare like from mum for this forum.
We all love your various collections, Louis.
Paddy for his family.

PS- We don't have Any scrimshaw! cool stuff but we had to cut back somewhere as we all do at some point...

Maybe I've seen too many horror movies but I find old stuff a bit unsettling. I can't help but imagine all the long dead people who might have used the objects. Mirrors are the worst!

Maybe I've seen too many horror movies but I find old stuff a bit unsettling. I can't help but imagine all the long dead people who might have used the objects. Mirrors are the worst!
Dead people don't trouble me at all. It's the living I am concerned about!{sm4}

Dead people don't trouble me at all. It's the living I am concerned about!{sm4}

LOL. Yes, I can understand that. There is a place in Gettysburg called the "Antique Center" that sells just about everything under the sun. I sometimes stroll through there and the variety of stuff is amazing. The thing that most creeped me out, however, was a collection of glass eyeballs. Who buys something like? I asked my son if he wanted one to put in his room to stare at him at night but he declined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back