Things that I really like (3 Viewers)

Mark, is that just tomatoes and mayonnaise on your sandwich?

aaaaaaah Matt...I was wondering the same thing...a mayo...bread and tomato sandwich....mmmmmmmmmm!

and ice cold too...double mmmmmmmmmmm!

please explain that Mark...is that a thing?

aaaaaaah Matt...I was wondering the same thing...a mayo...bread and tomato sandwich....mmmmmmmmmm!

and ice cold too...double mmmmmmmmmmm!

please explain that Mark...is that a thing?

Yes Mike, it's Summer here and I would appreciate any ice cold ideas.

For example this Christmas we had the traditional Aussie seafood lunch, my youngest son and I are the only ones that eat oysters, but we finished them off quick.

Then I put 2 kilos of large prawns on ice cubes in the center of the table and we dipped them in Thousand Island dressing, washed down with ice cold Aussie beer. Then I wanted some Bourbon and considered recycling the prawn ice, how bad could it be I suggested? My sons reckoned 'pretty effing bad', so I had to wait for more ice to freeze ^&grin

Yes Mike, it's Summer here and I would appreciate any ice cold ideas.

For example this Christmas we had the traditional Aussie seafood lunch, my youngest son and I are the only ones that eat oysters, but we finished them off quick.

Then I put 2 kilos of large prawns on ice cubes in the center of the table and we dipped them in Thousand Island dressing, washed down with ice cold Aussie beer. Then I wanted some Bourbon and considered recycling the prawn ice, how bad could it be I suggested? My sons reckoned 'pretty effing bad', so I had to wait for more ice to freeze ^&grin

Matt...actually I was being sarcastic about an ice cold tomato and mayo sandwich sounding good...doesn't sound too good to me...but you oysters and prawns do sound good...the mayo tomato sandwich...nah...not so much...

Matt...actually I was being sarcastic about an ice cold tomato and mayo sandwich sounding good...doesn't sound too good to me...but you oysters and prawns do sound good...the mayo tomato sandwich...nah...not so much...

We do have different tastes here, in our area the whole Texas-St. Louis-Chicago beef trail made that a thing.
Prawns yes. Oysters - I like them more than my stomach does,
Best Wishes
Paddy

Jason...I grew up on fast food...especially through my younger 2AM bar drinking days...

I'm a little embarrassed to say this publicly...
but I still eat Jack in the Box tacos and their Breakfast Jack on rare occasions...
I grew up on those as a kid...you used to get 4 tacos for $1.00...
very affordable for an 18 year old kid...
like Jack says...they will really fill you up...
I love those greasy taco...lol...

the joke was...
Ralston Purina...owner and distributor of Ralston Purina dog food products...
actually did own Jack in the Box...which I think they sold in 1985...

even the greasy plastic sleeve taco wrapper had their name proudly stamped on it...
God knows what was in those tacos...
I still occasionally eat them on a hectic days...
when there is just no time to stop for lunch...
and you just have to scarf something down while you're driving your car...

There was a Jack-in-the-Box in Malibu many years ago that I used to eat at all the time while going to Pepperdine. They had great food. I used to crave something there but can't remember what it was. I was watching an old Charlie Chan movie a while back and there was a scene filmed on the exact location of the JITB. It was right next to the Malibu Inn. I also miss Carl's Jr. They don't have those on the east coast. Great hamburgers. My wife is from out west and likes In-N-Out Burger.

Yes a mayo and tomato sandwich is very popular in my area. When it's 100 degrees out and you bite into it it just taste so fresh and clean. Our tomatoes are kind of famous. Oh yeah sometimes we add lettuce and bacon, a BLT.
Mark

Yes a mayo and tomato sandwich is very popular in my area. When it's 100 degrees out and you bite into it it just taste so fresh and clean. Our tomatoes are kind of famous. Oh yeah sometimes we add lettuce and bacon, a BLT.
Mark

Mark...
I never heard of a tomato sandwich...
but it's hard to beat a garden grown tomato compared to some of those pink things in the store that have no taste what so ever...
my Grandfather had a garden and would literally eat them like apples...while salting them...

now a BLT...you can't go wrong there...a staple in my diet...I probably eat one a week...extra bacon please!

I've developed a thing for sweet potato french fries...

Last edited:
There was a Jack-in-the-Box in Malibu many years ago that I used to eat at all the time while going to Pepperdine. They had great food. I used to crave something there but can't remember what it was. I was watching an old Charlie Chan movie a while back and there was a scene filmed on the exact location of the JITB. It was right next to the Malibu Inn. I also miss Carl's Jr. They don't have those on the east coast. Great hamburgers. My wife is from out west and likes In-N-Out Burger.

Carl's Jr. is good...never had an In-N-Out burger...I'm a Whataburger guy...kind of a Texas thing...#2 with cheese and jalapenos...the bun is kind of sweet...almost tastes like Hawaiian bread...

funny post...
and you're both partially right...
Taco Bell...
is served fast and passed fast...

there was an article about 20 years ago where an TB employee whistleblower said some ugly stuff...
full truth...totally lie or just a bit of embellishment...I don't know...
but he claimed the pot that held the refried beans on the steam table was never emptied and washed...

when it got low...they heated up some more beans and added them to the remaining beans...

so theoretically...some beans in that pot could be several years old...

I'm not making this up...
as I owned a restaurant for 27 years...I know a little about steam table health safety etiquette...
this is hammered into our heads in health class over and over as a "no no"...
you never mix old with new...never!

I have eaten there 2 times in my life...
both time I had Montezuma's Revenge or appadutos of the blowhole as some call it...lol...
I don't go there anymore...

I'm not a fan of fast food, I never, as in ever, pass a McDonalds/Wendy's/Burger King and get a hankering, that stuff is loaded with fat and salt, two of the worst things you can put in your body.

Back when I was doing shows, on the way down to or on the way home from on, finding a decent place to eat was always a task, so McDonalds it was...................

I've eaten at Sbarro's (or whatever it's called, crappy *** pizza), McDonalds, Burger King in my life, that is it, cannot tell you the last time I ate at Burger King.

When I was in college, I'd knock down two quarter pounders with cheese and a large fry with a large coke; if I ate that today, I'd stroke out.

Last time I stopped at Burger King it cost me $35 for 2 of us and the food sucked. Won't be back that's for sure.
Mark

There is a place called Sonic here and down South. It is one of those places where you park and order from your car. Unfortunately, the food is horrible. I can sometimes tolerate McDonalds (at least the fries are tasty) but not Sonic. Hate it.

There is a place called Sonic here and down South. It is one of those places where you park and order from your car. Unfortunately, the food is horrible. I can sometimes tolerate McDonalds (at least the fries are tasty) but not Sonic. Hate it.

yea...Sonic is absolutely horrible...one on the Seawall a few blocks from my house...even to drive by it and smell the fryer grease wafting out through their vent a hood is nauseating...ate their once in a jam...no big deal...my friend gets drinks there all the time as they have some crazy cheap specials on their ice cream drinks...

recently I am becoming a fan of these "roach coaches"...years ago I would of never eaten at one...but some are very good...especially the Mexican food themed ones...surprisingly fresh ingredients and attractively presented tacos and tostados...almost gourmet if it was served in a sit down diner...these mobile food restaurants appear to be clean and are thriving in my area...I'm amazed at the high quality food they are serving...

They had a Sonic here. Closed down. I never went to it.
Mark

They have a decent gimmick, a 50's type deal with you driving up, ordering, girl comes out with a tray, puts it on your door/window and you're in business.

One small problem; from what people have told me, the food is leftovers from the 50's.

Again, a place I've never eaten at.

We have a place like that here. It's called Stewart's. They have Stewart's Root Beer which is good.
Mark

Have ya'll not heard of Chick-Fil-A?!?!?!?

Jesus' anointed chicken is the only fast food I'll consume anymore. Absolutely delicious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back