Things that I really like (1 Viewer)

LOL. Yes, I can understand that. There is a place in Gettysburg called the "Antique Center" that sells just about everything under the sun. I sometimes stroll through there and the variety of stuff is amazing. The thing that most creeped me out, however, was a collection of glass eyeballs. Who buys something like? I asked my son if he wanted one to put in his room to stare at him at night but he declined.
I too draw the line at glass eyeballs. Yeeeesh!!!{sm2}

Elections coming to an end. And I didn't receive a single campaign call this year even though PA is one of the competitive races where they spent hundreds of millions. In previous years, the phone would ring all day. I feel sorry for the people of Georgia, though, since they likely have to endure a runoff.

Elections coming to an end. And I didn't receive a single campaign call this year even though PA is one of the competitive races where they spent hundreds of millions. In previous years, the phone would ring all day. I feel sorry for the people of Georgia, though, since they likely have to endure a runoff.

Good job PA.

Unbelievable.

Welp, God's speed to all of you.

Places that still take cash. My debit card account has been accessed multiple times in recent months with fake charges. Even after getting a new one. That must be quite a problem. Amazingly the banks just refund the money without any hassle when unauthorized charges are reported. I guess they consider it a cost of business and/or are required to do so. I doubt they even investigate who is stealing this information.

I sent for a new card once and kept waiting for it. So I was going to wait a couple of more days and if it didn't come In was going to call my bank. When I got home that night the bank's security called and said they noticed someone tried to buy $150 worth of stuff at a 7-11 with the new card in British Columbia. I live in New Jersey.{eek3}
Mark

Places that still take cash. My debit card account has been accessed multiple times in recent months with fake charges. Even after getting a new one. That must be quite a problem. Amazingly the banks just refund the money without any hassle when unauthorized charges are reported. I guess they consider it a cost of business and/or are required to do so. I doubt they even investigate who is stealing this information.

at the rates they charge these poor bastxxxx...
that can't pay off their debt monthly...
and are financed by the bank at the max the law allows...
screw them...the banks can eat the loss...

at the rates they charge these poor bastxxxx...
that can't pay off their debt monthly...
and are financed by the bank at the max the law allows...
screw them...the banks can eat the loss...

I'm really surprised at how fast and painlessly the banks refund the money. In this day and age, they charge for everything else. Has to be a function of the law. A rare consumer protection. My kids have savings accounts and they once tried to charge me for deposit slips to put money into the bank.

I'm really surprised at how fast and painlessly the banks refund the money. In this day and age, they charge for everything else. Has to be a function of the law. A rare consumer protection. My kids have savings accounts and they once tried to charge me for deposit slips to put money into the bank.

Banks consume some tremendous loses from customers...
we have had this thing going on in Galveston for about 2 years now...
someone is able to open the blue street mailboxes and steal mail...
they wash the checks they find and write in a new amount and make them paid to themselves...
one guy had his account hit for $81,000...several others for small amounts...
banks ate them all...

Fangoria magazine. As a horror fan, that was about the only source of horror movie info back in the late 70s and 80s. Great gory covers that you were almost embarrassed to buy. They went bust a few years ago in the Internet age but thankfully have started up again. Unfortunately, many of the articles now contain woke commentary on race and gender issues but I still read it for old time's sake. Horror films were on the receiving end of most PC criticism back in the day but I guess they have forgotten about that.

Last edited:
Taco Bell. You might not live to 100 eating there, but it's fast and tasty.

I like a good premium cigar...Something like a "Arturo Fuente Opus X" made in the Dominican Republic.

Carlos

In the summer I like a ice cold sandwich with mayo and Jersey tomatoes.
Mark

Drive thru restaurants that are open 24 hours a day.

With all the staffing shortages in the food industry after COVID, that reminds me of the old Stephen Wright joke:

"I went down the street to the 24-hour grocery. When I got there, the guy was locking the front door. I said, 'Hey, the sign says you're open 24 hours.' He said, 'Yes, but not in a row.'"

Taco Bell. You might not live to 100 eating there, but it's fast and tasty.

The only thing "fast" about Taco Bell food is how "fast" it passes through you.

Thankfully, I've never had to deal with it as I've never, as in ever, eaten at a Taco Bell.

I read where they are the #1 fast food chain for food poisoning events.

Shocking.

The only thing "fast" about Taco Bell food is how "fast" it passes through you.

Thankfully, I've never had to deal with it as I've never, as in ever, eaten at a Taco Bell.

I read where they are the #1 fast food chain for food poisoning events.

Shocking.

funny post...
and you're both partially right...
Taco Bell...
is served fast and passed fast...

there was an article about 20 years ago where an TB employee whistleblower said some ugly stuff...
full truth...totally lie or just a bit of embellishment...I don't know...
but he claimed the pot that held the refried beans on the steam table was never emptied and washed...

when it got low...they heated up some more beans and added them to the remaining beans...

so theoretically...some beans in that pot could be several years old...

I'm not making this up...
as I owned a restaurant for 27 years...I know a little about steam table health safety etiquette...
this is hammered into our heads in health class over and over as a "no no"...
you never mix old with new...never!

I have eaten there 2 times in my life...
both time I had Montezuma's Revenge or appadutos of the blowhole as some call it...lol...
I don't go there anymore...

Drive thru restaurants that are open 24 hours a day.

Jason...I grew up on fast food...especially through my younger 2AM bar drinking days...

I'm a little embarrassed to say this publicly...
but I still eat Jack in the Box tacos and their Breakfast Jack on rare occasions...
I grew up on those as a kid...you used to get 4 tacos for $1.00...
very affordable for an 18 year old kid...
like Jack says...they will really fill you up...
I love those greasy taco...lol...

the joke was...
Ralston Purina...owner and distributor of Ralston Purina dog food products...
actually did own Jack in the Box...which I think they sold in 1985...

even the greasy plastic sleeve taco wrapper had their name proudly stamped on it...
God knows what was in those tacos...
I still occasionally eat them on a hectic days...
when there is just no time to stop for lunch...
and you just have to scarf something down while you're driving your car...

Attachments

• 46a19a0b5c78636417ec10af1ad73127--jack-in-the-box-the-ojays.jpg
    46a19a0b5c78636417ec10af1ad73127--jack-in-the-box-the-ojays.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 48
say what you want about fast food...
America was weaned on it...
even with all the health warnings and public information of their unbelievably high caloric content...
loaded with sugars and barely any healthy nutrients...
you still have to get in line in the drive through behind 6-8 other cars for one of these tasty meals...

the day may come when they are forced to print Surgeon General's Warnings on the wrappers...
just like cigarettes...
but people will still buy them...

if you think the gourmet burger from your favorite mom and pop burger shop is any healthier...
I would argue that...it's not a healthy meal either...but they both are tasty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back