Thomas gunn marder 11 (1 Viewer)

Gunn Miniatures

Command Sergeant Major
d06a5196-c342-4130-34e9-7beb4b5dd704.jpg

b3779d04-8ba5-65bb-dbf4-d20f003cc7f3.jpg

5589ecca-84a7-6494-e0d9-cc52e9aa6de8.jpg

94d4da88-1c1e-0d19-35aa-daf0de2c066a.jpg

4ae6ebb1-ea4e-ce24-d07e-b0f407426f16.jpg

A total of 8 separate pieces make up this unique fighting vehicle to our knowledge never produced before in 1/30 scale.

That's all for today, there will be more aircraft news later this month.

Best wishes The Gunn Team

marder header.jpg
SdKfz.131 New Marder Preorder

In an exciting new development, Thomas Gunn will be producing a German Marder II Self Propelled AT gun. There will be three individual vehicles with different markings, so collectors can make unit dioramas. This is a limited run of 120 pieces worldwide.
Related releases will include multiple crew members and a German WW2 armoured unit accessory pack.

The current factory we utilize for vehicle production has something of a bottleneck, those of you waiting for the GMC and 155mm howitzer will be well aware of this. In a bid to circumnavigate this issue we have secured new factories that have an outstanding pedigree in the production of 1/30 and 1/32 scale vehicles.

Delivery of the Marder will be in September 2024.

This is the first of our new range of German and Allied WW 2 vehicles, we have many other exciting, never done before, armoured vehicles for your collection planned. Keep an eye out for future forthcoming releases.
Collectors have the opportunity to pre-order the new release and guarantee receiving their order as soon as they have been released, at a cheaper pre-releasee price, see below for details:

Pre-release order price £275 /$285.00
Production order price £290 / $299.00

We will take pre-release orders until May 31st 2024, those who preorder are guaranteed a vehicle, if we do not receive a preorder from you we cannot guarantee availability in September, it costs nothing to plan ahead!

Contact us directly with your pre-release order or contact your preferred TGM Dealer. Your preorder also needs to contain the information as to whether you require 1 x Marder, 2 or 3 x Marders. If you have a preference for a particular serial number please inform us at the time of ordering. The order numbers are,
ACCPAK119 - Marder II
ACCPAK120 - Marder II
ACCPAK121 - Marder II

Development History

Heinz Guderian envisaged in the 1930s the need for highly mobile self-propelled anti-tank vehicles. His vision was not put into practice in the early war years. However, during the Invasion of the Soviet Union, the Wehrmacht encountered tanks which they had problems dealing with effectively and were forced to introduce a number of different hastily built and developed Panzerjäger based on any chassis that was available. From this the sequence of Self Propelled Anti-tank guns, generally known today as the ‘Marder’ (Marten) were brought into service.

The Marder II was built using Panzer II Ausf.F (with smaller numbers of older versions) chassis by simply removing the turret and most of the superstructure except for the driver’s compartment. On top of the driver’s compartment, a specially designed mount for the main gun was welded to the hull. There were 531-576 Built + 68-75 Converted + 10 Field Conversions

Combat History

The Marder II had a wide and varied combat history. The Marder IIs were used by the Panzerjäger Abteilungen of the Panzer divisions of both the Heer and the Waffen SS, as well as several Luftwaffe units, it was the first armoured vehicle to be used by the Fallschirmjager. Seeing service in all theatres, with the vast majority seeing action on the Eastern front, there were over 300 that took part during the Kursk Campaign. The vehicle saw service in North Africa, Italy and the Western Front. Six were sent to Denmark, one of which was purchased by the Swedes for evaluation and can be seen in the Arsenalen Tank Museum Strängnäs (Sweden). It's now one of only four surviving vehicles in the world.

The Marder's limitations were mainly related to survivability. A combination of a high silhouette and open-top fighting compartment made the vehicle vulnerable to indirect artillery fire, aircraft strafing, and grenades. Relatively thin armour made them vulnerable to enemy tanks or infantry. The Marders were not assault vehicles or tank substitutes; the open-top compartment meant operations in crowded areas such as urban environments or other close-combat situations were not an option. They were best employed in defensive or overwatch roles. Despite their Achillies Heel, they were more effective than the towed antitank guns that they replaced and well liked by their crews.

Our Marder

The photos below show a 1/30 scale 90% completed prototype, we are still awaiting final interior enhancements such as side periscopes, gas mask, radio and fire extinguisher plus decal markings. The gun can be moved horizontally.

Final production piece will come as per photos but with addition of serial numbers on the side, 121, 122 and 123 making a total of 3 variants available. Three different sets of crew figures will also be available, these are 'universal' crew figures and will also complement the second self-propelled gun due out in October 2024. Photos of these to follow shortly.

7370ed72-2fcd-b59b-cf29-dd0a440d7527.jpg

How cool.
TG just stepped things up again with this pleasant surprise. Love the camo pattern. Detailing looks great and with the additional accessories and serial numbering, will be even better.
Can't wait for production!
{bravo}}

What a little beast and great move pre-orders are guaranteed to get one, order is in.

Apologies!

Serial numbers on the side will be 119, 120 and 121.

Therefore serial numbers will be as follows:

ACCPACK 119 - 119 on side

ACCPACK 120 - 120 on side

ACCPACK 121 - -121 on side

Best wishes Catherine

Looks great. Wonder if a desperate is in the works ?

What is a 'desperate'?

I was thinking possibly a Wespe, same vehicle base and a great artillery piece.

Ha ha !
Yes a Wespe was what I had in mind, but Predictive text had another !
Think it would be popular considering it's quite a while since TCS did theirs.

Ha ha !
Yes a Wespe was what I had in mind, but Predictive text had another !
Think it would be popular considering it's quite a while since TCS did theirs.

Thought it was, but not sure, done it myself too many times to count [will not get that word wrong]. I think it would be very popular, loads manufactured, saw action every where and i remember reading somewhere it was the most or one of the more captured vehicles in thee inventory at the end of the war. With a bit of jigging the crew for the Marders could also be interchangeable as well.

Love this! But, the numbers on the side 121, 122 and 123 make more sense than 119, 120 and 121…
119 would be an odd number indeed…

The three different crews also sound amazing.

I’ll wait some days before deciding which to pre -order

Interesting to hear this as well:

"Related releases will include multiple crew members and a German WW2 armoured unit accessory pack that will be Sold Separately."

Looking forward to seeing what TG is planning.

Something along this line (by Dragon):

attachment.php

or this set (by Tamiya):

attachment.php

MARDER PHOTO ART.jpg
SdKfz.131 New Marder Update

Apologies but with all the excitement of previewing the new Marder we included some incorrect text, the Marder serial numbers will be as follows:

ACCPACK 119 serial number on the side will be 119
ACCPACK 120 serial number on the side will be 120
ACCPACK 121 serial number on the side will be 121

We hope that clears up any confusion and look forward to receiving your preorder, remember deadline closes 31st May, we are only making for those who preorder and are unlikely to have any spare pieces once initial orders have been satisfied.

d06a5196-c342-4130-34e9-7beb4b5dd704.jpg

b3779d04-8ba5-65bb-dbf4-d20f003cc7f3.jpg

7370ed72-2fcd-b59b-cf29-dd0a440d7527.jpg

5589ecca-84a7-6494-e0d9-cc52e9aa6de8.jpg

I had this little Marder (model III I believe) by Ultimate Soldier. Really looking forward to this new 1:30 scale version and displaying with my TG figures. Great stuff!
Is it September yet? {sm4}

attachment.php

I had this little Marder (model III I believe) by Ultimate Soldier. Really looking forward to this new 1:30 scale version and displaying with my TG figures. Great stuff!
Is it September yet? {sm4}

attachment.php

The 21st Century 32x Marder III and Marder IIIM were some of their best vehicles in 1/32 scale! Still have both, along with their Panzer 38T and Hetzer made around the same time.

Eagle Designs made a Marder III in 1/30 scale, but I’ve not gotten it yet so can’t comment on its quality or detail.

View attachment 305567

A total of 8 separate pieces make up this unique fighting vehicle to our knowledge never produced before in 1/30 scale.

There were others but the TGM version looks nice.
View attachment 305646

I have the same Marder III from Eagle Design and the K & C Marders, which are 1s and 3s, but this is the first Marder II in 1/30, that is what TGM was highlighting. The Stugs from Eagle Design are also very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back