Thomas Gunn sets arrived (2 Viewers)

Wraith

Major
Just took delivery of a set of each of the Thomas Gun MG34 gun groups, in Normandy and AK variations.

Well impressed with the level of detail and finish of these figures.

The boxes are the same style as K&C, with the foam inserts being of the older K&C style, with appropriate cut outs. Extra foam bits have been inserted to protect the more vulnerable bits, such as the MG34 barrel and MP40 barrels, which 'stick out' (as they would naturally).

No damage to either set.

The poses are very natural looking and the sculpting is detailed. Particularly impressive is the MG34 itself, which is very detailed.

The scale of the figures is directly compatable with K&C. The painting style, likewise, is very compatable, both in terms of colours used and weathering.

The MG34 piece is a weighty piece, bt with the exception of the gun barrel, which will bend if manhandled, it is a substantially put together piece, in spite of the great detailing.

If you're in to WWII figures, I'd thoroughly recommend these sets, and look forward to future releases.

A great opening salvo for a new manufacturer.

Simon

TGHB003.jpg

TGHB004.jpg

TGHB009.jpg

Comparisons etc.

TGHB015.jpg

TGHB016.jpg

TGHB017.jpg

TGHB018.jpg

I'll have to get them in to some dios now. :)

Simon

Wow these look superb,thanks Simon can't wait to get mine.

Rob

Well done photo layout. Can see exactly what is coming. Good comment on how it fits with K&C

Thanks Simon

Terry

VERY Impressive figures, I'm looking forward to getting my Normandy version.

Thanks Simon. Waiting for my set.
Only problem looks to be the packageing with the old style foam and not the lazer cutouts.
Hopefully they will switch as eventually that can be a problem.
Gary

I don't think any of you guys will be disappointed.
Gary, I agree with you on the foam, the laser cut stuff is far better at securing the figures. That said, TGM seem to have identified the areas that needed extra protection, and have packed with extra foam bits accordingly, so hopefully, they should arrive fine.

Simon

Nice pictures..but with all due respect to Simon ;) I think these pictures don't do them justice. They really look better that these photos show. What kind of camera did youi use ?

Cheers,
Paul

Nice pictures..but with all due respect to Simon ;) I think these pictures don't do them justice. They really look better that these photos show. What kind of camera did youi use ?

Cheers,
Paul

Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III with a Sigma f4.5 APO EX DG HSM lens. ;)

Treefrog says that all TGM sets are sold out but I am wondering why TGM is no longer listed as part of the permanent TF Products list? Is TF a permanent dealer for TGM? Have all orders arrived at TF from the UK?

What the TF site says:

Upcoming Releases > Thomas Gunn Miniatures

Note both TGM 001(A) and TGM001(B) are now sold out. We will post more upcoming Thomas Gunn products as soon as they are announced.

Treefrog says that all TGM sets are sold out but I am wondering why TGM is no longer listed as part of the permanent TF Products list? Is TF a permanent dealer for TGM? Have all orders arrived at TF from the UK?

What the TF site says:

Upcoming Releases > Thomas Gunn Miniatures

Note both TGM 001(A) and TGM001(B) are now sold out. We will post more upcoming Thomas Gunn products as soon as they are announced.

They never did list the Figarti Firefly, 88 or Prime Mover because of the mad rush of orders before they even had the details. They did not know how many of each they would get so just kept a list and I suppose didn't post them because they were likely sold out of their allocation. Same thing with the Gunn sets??

They are likely a permanent Gunn dealer as they said they will post more from Gunn when new items are announced.

Terry

The answer has to do with the software. The principal manufacturer categories, e.g. King & Country, Figarti, Britain's, etc. are what are called top line categories. Due to the software, when there is nothing left to sell, the category automatically disappears. When Thomas Gunn has more products for pre-order, it will be added back in the top line. So that Thomas Gunn doesn't totally disappear, it's in the Upcoming Releases section, as noted by Randy.

TF is a permanent dealer and TF's allotment has been spoken for.

Yo Troopers, now I am no expert on second World War uniforms, and dont want to pee on anyones bonfire, but I would put a big question mark as to the type of combat dress these models are in for that period.:confused:
Bernard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back