Thomas Gunn sets arrived (2 Viewers)

The answer has to do with the software. The principal manufacturer categories, e.g. King & Country, Figarti, Britain's, etc. are what are called top line categories. Due to the software, when there is nothing left to sell, the category automatically disappears. When Thomas Gunn has more products for pre-order, it will be added back in the top line. So that Thomas Gunn doesn't totally disappear, it's in the Upcoming Releases section, as noted by Randy.

TF is a permanent dealer and TF's allotment has been spoken for.

Thanks Brad.

Randy

Yo Troopers, now I am no expert on second World War uniforms, and dont want to pee on anyones bonfire, but I would put a big question mark as to the type of combat dress these models are in for that period.:confused:
Bernard.

I know very little about uniform variations, especially compared to some on tis Forum I ordered the Gunn Normandy set. What period do you think those uniforms are from? Do they not go with an MG34?

Terry

I don't know much about uniforms either but based on WWII photos I have seen the Normandy set looks near enough accurate for my needs. Of course the actual machine gun is the earlier design but they were still in use.

I don't know much about uniforms either but based on WWII photos I have seen the Normandy set looks near enough accurate for my needs. Of course the actual machine gun is the earlier design but they were still in use.

The Germans had an odd way of allocating equipment. A few favoured divisions got the most up to date equipment, and so did many newly formed "green" divisions, while veteran divisions often made due with older equipment. An MG34 at Normandy is common. The new K&C Atlantic Wall bunker has both an MG42 team and the Indian gunner has an MG34.

Terry

I still don't see what is wrong with the FJ uniforms unless they are not valid for late war after D-Day?. The MG34 works with Normandy after D-Day.

I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow for the answer?

Terry

Ahhh, yessss....

The torches are now being lite....

We'll soon see the lynch mob, there setting up...

Is the Afrika set still available? I do not see it on his web site anymore. I was going to order one. I would hate to think I waited to long.

The MG34 was produced throughout the war.

Production figures for the MG34 and MG42:

...............MG34............MG42
Total.......388,697..........393,665

At this price point all I can say is I think these figures are very well done.

No torches. No lynch mob. Just curious as to what Bernard feels is inaccurate about the uniforms?

Terry

Yo Troopers, my apologies on the Combat dress:eek:, didn't think it was issued at that time. Glad to see you are paying attention lol, carry on.
Bernard.

I got to say guys as a collector i am very fussy what i display together.I like my collection to look as if it works really well together.Now up until this point i have only displayed NMA's mortar team with my K&C stuff as it really works well.But this new set from TG is right on the money!.Its going to sit perfectly amongst my other Jerries,check out Simons pics,these figures have quality,scale and great value.I think in TG we have a new player on the block to be welcomed to the fold,its all good for us collectors.:)

Rob

I got to say guys as a collector i am very fussy what i display together.I like my collection to look as if it works really well together.Now up until this point i have only displayed NMA's mortar team with my K&C stuff as it really works well.But this new set from TG is right on the money!.Its going to sit perfectly amongst my other Jerries,check out Simons pics,these figures have quality,scale and great value.I think in TG we have a new player on the block to be welcomed to the fold,its all good for us collectors.:)

Rob

Aaargh - just as I was going out to work this morning a parcel arrived I'm pretty sure from TG miniatures. I had no time to open it so now i'm sitting at work waiting till I can get home!!! It's torture! :(

Aaargh - just as I was going out to work this morning a parcel arrived I'm pretty sure from TG miniatures. I had no time to open it so now i'm sitting at work waiting till I can get home!!! It's torture! :(

That's a shame James. I think the paint falls off them if they're not opened up within 60 mintes of receiving them from the postie. :D

I know - it's like Mission Impossible - it'll just self destruct.
What a sad state of affairs to have a parcel arrive and not be able to open it!

Oh well try and get some pictures done later hopefully.

My set just arrived.Wow!.Very nice indeed,wonderful set,realistic,well sculpted and painted,quality all through.This really is a fantastic start from TG and it bodes really well for the future.Thank you Thom,i look forward to whats next from you!:)

Even the Silver box is cool!

Rob

Normandy set.

TGHB005.jpg

TGHB006.jpg

TGHB007.jpg

TGHB008.jpg

What struck me as soon as i opened it (don't you just love the Royal Mail?!:D;))was the detailing on the MG.The barrel,ammo belts,spent cases are all very nicely done indeed,as is the facial details of the crew.Can hardly speak highly enough of this set guys.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back