Toy Army Workshop Sadness (1 Viewer)

Hi TD,

I see you miss TAW just as much as I do...... do add some of your pics to the thread so that we can enjoy them...
Here are some of mine...including Rolls(s) both for the Western Front and the Middle East...............
But rest assured that Brian ( Yeomanry ) is working something great for us........specially if you are an Artillery fan..............

View attachment 101918View attachment 101919View attachment 101920View attachment 101921View attachment 101922

And these are Western Front.......

Attachments

• IMG_2499.JPG
    IMG_2499.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_2483.JPG
    IMG_2483.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_2481.JPG
    IMG_2481.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_2480.JPG
    IMG_2480.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_2479.JPG
    IMG_2479.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 333

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 299
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 307
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 281
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 299
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 306
A few nore....The guns are now Mounford mainly, but the garrisons are TAW....I was a bit late in getting exposed to TAW and Mountford, so I had to do some matching up......I really regret they are gone now......

More TAW guns

Attachments

• Cópia de IMG_0156.JPG
    Cópia de IMG_0156.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 280
  • Cópia de IMG_0169.JPG
    Cópia de IMG_0169.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 289
  • Cópia de IMG_0159.JPG
    Cópia de IMG_0159.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 289
Hi Brian.....a 60 pdr is a great beast to add....scale link has the only one in the market for now..........
TAW also had a some beasts of his own and of them the one I never got my hands on was the one in these pics.....one picture comes from Obees sets and another from the TAW pdf catalogue.......do you think this one will come in the short list?

Attachments

• 9180.jpg
    9180.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 530
  • 2184.jpg
    2184.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 293
Luiz,

The Gun looks good, which one is it?

Brian.

Hi Brian.....a 60 pdr is a great beast to add....scale link has the only one in the market for now..........
TAW also had a some beasts of his own and of them the one I never got my hands on was the one in these pics.....one picture comes from Obees sets and another from the TAW pdf catalogue.......do you think this one will come in the short list?

Luiz,

The Gun looks good, which one is it?

Brian.

Hi Brian,

The gun I made a reference to is a 60 pounder field gun on a Mark III carriage, using ' traction engine ' wheels.
Let me know if you have plans for one!

Regards,

Luiz

Hi Luiz,
I plan to produce a 60pdr at some stage next year with, perhaps, a Traction Engine to pull it.

Regards,

Brian.

Hi Brian,
The gun I made a reference to is a 60 pounder field gun on a Mark III carriage, using ' traction engine ' wheels.
Let me know if you have plans for one!

Regards,

Luiz

Hi Luiz,
I plan to produce a 60pdr at some stage next year with, perhaps, a Traction Engine to pull it.

Regards,

Brian.

Brian,

I have a Toy Army crew for this , but no gun! A traction engine and gun would be most welcome!
Tom

Well, I for one am quite happy (and fortunate) to have picked up a TAW WW1 long-barrelled field gun at the South Florida Toy Soldier Show last weekend...five man crew in grayshirts and softpeak caps serving a large lightgreen khaki field piece somewhat similar in looks to the Boer War 4.7" Naval Gun. Bought for $115... from a FL dealer who picked these up from an estate sale.

Also have the TAW 4.7" Boer War Naval Gun (or a variant thereof) w/same type uniformed crew (6) AND a BOXED TAW set of grayshirts w/Wolsely Helmets crew serving a 6" howitzer for Gallipoli campaign with additional 7 men and officer at the slope w/full equipment. I agree with all that TAW produced some of the finest, most detailed artillery ever made. And their scale makes them compatible with old Britains.

Well, I for one am quite happy (and fortunate) to have picked up a TAW WW1 long-barrelled field gun at the South Florida Toy Soldier Show last weekend...five man crew in grayshirts and softpeak caps serving a large lightgreen khaki field piece somewhat similar in looks to the Boer War 4.7" Naval Gun. Bought for $115... from a FL dealer who picked these up from an estate sale.

Also have the TAW 4.7" Boer War Naval Gun (or a variant thereof) w/same type uniformed crew (6) AND a BOXED TAW set of grayshirts w/Wolsely Helmets crew serving a 6" howitzer for Gallipoli campaign with additional 7 men and officer at the slope w/full equipment. I agree with all that TAW produced some of the finest, most detailed artillery ever made. And their scale makes them compatible with old Britains.

Hi Uncled,
Take a few pics and share them with us, it would be great to see these sets....
Cheers
Artillery_Crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back