Toy soldiers in movies (4 Viewers)

I can't believe, with all of the Ian Fleming fans among us, that we forgot this one: "Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang". Remember, at the end of the movie, when Potts, Truly and children return home, they find Grandpa and Truly's father playing at little wars on the living room floor. Grandpa had served as Mr. Scrumptious' batman in the Army, that led to the resolution of the plot.

Can't remember the figures too well, though, but I recall that they seemed larger than 54mm.

Ok so who made the figures in Ronin, they appear a bit like EoI figures but they could be Russian?

There was a James Bond film where the evil general or whatever he was had an impressive looking diorama and who can forget that classic Indian in the Cupboard, toy soldiers were featured prominently.

... "Ronin" has a samurai diorama and one character having toy soldiers as a hobby...

Ok so who made the figures in Ronin, they appear a bit like EoI figures but they could be Russian?

I've never seen "Ronin" all the way through, that was with DeNiro, and Sean Bean, wasn't it? I'll have to get it and watch it now, to look for that scene.

Here's one I had forgotten: "Three Days of the Condor", Max von Sydow as Jobert, the international hit man. There is a quick scene, when Redford's character calls Jobert on the phone, where we see him at work on a Napoleonic French hussar, which I think was a Stadden casting.

Prost!
Brad

Not a movie but just watched Merry Christmas Mr. Bean In the opening scene when he is playing with the manger, he marches a Scot Guard band by Britains past the stable, also the sheep, sheepdog & lorry were made by Britains (pre RC2)

Pirates of the Caribbean
World's End-India Trading Company guy has a set on his table

was mentioned.

They were K&C as Andy told me about this before the movie came out. This was because I had told Andy an Aussie TV series called Mclouds Daughters had bought ten of his Knights as a new character was a military buff. Never saw the episode myself and am resisting the box sets !!!

Brett

This thread is a lot of fun...I wonder if there would be a way to get some 'snapshots' of those scenes to add to the Forum?

I think my favorite although not a movie was on Night Gallery where the toy soldiers came to life and started attacking the ex-Nam veteran.

I think my favorite although not a movie was on Night Gallery where the toy soldiers came to life and started attacking the ex-Nam veteran.

I bet that is what Alex was thinking of (see above, bottom page 2).

Here's another one, too, more recent: "The Forty-Year-Old Virgin", Steve Carell has a small painting station set up in his walk-in closet, and there's a shot of him painting a figure, I think it's a Zouave.

"...now I'm going to make your silver pants red"

And every time I see that, I think, "Silver? You should prime it first!" :D

Prosit!
Brad

The Laurel and Hardy Movie, "Babes in Toyland" the Toy Soldiers save Little Boo Peep and Toyland at the end of the movie.

This thread is a lot of fun...I wonder if there would be a way to get some 'snapshots' of those scenes to add to the Forum?
Capital idea; I am not very experienced at that but I will try Ronin. Maybe others here could add some of the others. If I figure out Ronin, I will move on to the James Bond scenes.

Yeah, I think that's the one I'm talking about.

Here's another one, too, more recent: "The Forty-Year-Old Virgin", Steve Carell has a small painting station set up in his walk-in closet, and there's a shot of him painting a figure, I think it's a Zouave.

"...now I'm going to make your silver pants red"

And every time I see that, I think, "Silver? You should prime it first!" :D

Prosit!
Brad

This scene among many others had my wife and I laughing hysterically through most of this movie.....mostly at my expense. :rolleyes:

MD

Yeah, I think that's the one I'm talking about.
Yeah, he was getting attacked by helicopter gun ships and he was blazing away at them with his m-16, plus all the little shotting him and stuff it was great.

Anyone got Time Bandits? Also The Unforgiven, 1960, Doug McClure melts his old toy soldiers down for bullets.

Yeah, he was getting attacked by helicopter gun ships and he was blazing away at them with his m-16, plus all the little shotting him and stuff it was great.

That's it. I was trying to find a Youtube clip but can't find one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back