Traps on the Trail (1 Viewer)

Horus

Brigadier General
In the hills around Cam Lo, near the DMZ

14.jpg12.jpg13.jpg15.jpg

Steve

Steve, with the dim lighting, the dense brush and the positioning of the figures and the camera angle …. it look's almost "REAL"
Well done on that one.

--- LaRRy

As I've already said, everything seems so real! {eek3}
Once again, well done, mate! :) Thanks a lot for sharing! :eek:

Cheers

Enrico

Good advice for some too late for others,,try to stay off the trail and never come back the same way,,

Steve, with the dim lighting, the dense brush and the positioning of the figures and the camera angle …. it look's almost "REAL"
Well done on that one.

--- LaRRy

Wow, at first glance I thought it was real. Great stuff!!!

As I've already said, everything seems so real! {eek3}
Once again, well done, mate! :) Thanks a lot for sharing! :eek:

Cheers

Enrico

Unreal
Another great Shot mate

Thanks for the kind words guys ! I tried to make it feel as authentic as possible with a sense of tension in the air. As anyone who was doing this for real would no doubt have felt.

Steve

Steve
As one who spent too much time humping those hills, I love the atmospherics your dioramas and pictures bring.These are great and pushing me ever closer to making a VN diorama of my own. I keep pushing Andy to come out with a SF;LRRP;SEAL;SOG set for his VN Line-all carried the same basic mix and match kit. If not, I will probably modify the Australians for those sneak and peek guys, as they carried a lot of the same weapons and equipment except for the FLN rifle. Many SF and Mike Force teams had an Australian SAS assigned. My team had WO Brain Kelly, who we used to call Pops because he was so old and grizzeled (he was 42....). Anyway Steve,great job on this dio
Pat

Steve
As one who spent too much time humping those hills, I love the atmospherics your dioramas and pictures bring.These are great and pushing me ever closer to making a VN diorama of my own. I keep pushing Andy to come out with a SF;LRRP;SEAL;SOG set for his VN Line-all carried the same basic mix and match kit. If not, I will probably modify the Australians for those sneak and peek guys, as they carried a lot of the same weapons and equipment except for the FLN rifle. Many SF and Mike Force teams had an Australian SAS assigned. My team had WO Brain Kelly, who we used to call Pops because he was so old and grizzeled (he was 42....). Anyway Steve,great job on this dio
Pat

Always interesting to hear of peoples experience and Vietnam ones especially. I've had conversations with a guy who was in the U.S Marines and served in Vietnam on the DMZ in 1967. Alas exposure to Agent Orange led to an early death back in 2003. RIP Vel Garnett.
And a Guy who was one of the Trainers at my present job nearly twenty years ago who told about his time in the Artillery in Vietnam and as a LURP.

Thanks Pat for your comments, always nice to hear kind words.
It's great to see other peoples take on scenes, even can be inspiring and add to your own ideas as Harrie's Hue diorama even in it's preliminary stage. Also the more people who collect the figures the longer the legs will be on the range and the more likely we are to see produced.

I know we all see requests for US Army M113's and can perhaps see at least one of the reasons K&C are doing the Aussie M113 first, as that's part of the Australian line in this range, where as at present K&C are concentrating on the Marines in the Battle of Hue. I expect a US Army one will come in due course, who knows perhaps as Andy expands the Saigon part of the line which has only just started with the MP's and prisoner.

Steve

This is as gooc as it gets. So realistic. Chris

Thanks for the positive comment Chris^&grin

Steve

I can't see any, are they in hiding in tunnels?

Well, these guys in the diorama have found a punji pit {eek3}
You've given me an idea for a scene Matt, watch this space :wink2:

Thank you to all who have liked the post :salute::

Steve

Matt's traps

Here you go Matt a small set up with some traps on the trail for you to spot.
Best mind where you step.

40.jpg41.jpg

You've spotted the Bunker in the backdrop photo right ?

And the Mortar bomb that was hanging from the tree ready to drop when you tripped the wire. The Hanging weight studded with punji sticks also on a tripwire. The Punji pit full of poisoned stakes and the artillery shell repurposedas a mine, buried in the ground with just it's nose above ground ready to be trod on, unless it's command detonated.

42.jpg

Steve

Talk about a mine field. No one is coming out of this unscathed. Attention to details is one of your gifts Steve. :salute::, Robin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back