Treefrog's 2024 Chicago Toy Soldier Show Adventure (1 Viewer)

Julie

Administrator
Staff member
I've started the photos as we pack up already!

Most of you see the finished 'product' where everyone is set up at the show, but honestly, that is just a small part of the process!

1 - Creating a list of what to bring
2 - Picking, pricing, packing product
3 - Correctly labeling the boxes!!!
4 - Calculating fixtures to bring
5 - Clearing a 'staging' area in which to stack packed up boxes prior to loading into the trailer.
6 - Someone else loads the trailer as I never do it correctly.... :sneaky:

IMG_0631-M.jpg

Bagged Plastics selling at Show on Consignment

IMG_0632-M.jpg

Bagged Plastics selling at Show on Consignment

IMG_0686-M.jpg

Diorama Base selling at Show - Cash & Carry - No Shipping!

IMG_0687-M.jpg

Diorama Base selling at Show - Cash & Carry - No Shipping!

IMG_0697-M.jpg

Clearly Labeled Boxes in Staging Area

IMG_0700-M.jpg

Start of Fixtures added to Trailer (and will be re-packed by someone else....)

I'll be adding to the newly created SmugMug Album as I go over the next several days and during the Show - I will personally be working over the weekend to make sure all goes smoothly next week!

Looking forward to selling some stuff, seeing people in person, good dinners & conversations, drinks at the bar or in our room......All the fun stuff to jam into 5 days!!!

Julie

I certainly appreciate your effort, Julie. I won't be attending, but hopefully you'll post pics of the show.

Mark

how exciting julie although i know it is harder than you are even showing. can't wait, 5 more days. whose on the forum is going to attend the show?

how exciting julie although i know it is harder than you are even showing. can't wait, 5 more days. whose on the forum is going to attend the show?
Wish we could but Mom needs constant help & Dad and I are doing it right now.
I'm sure you'll have fun-
Keep us posted friend and Happy Trophy Collecting!
Paddy for the Pats

Just about packed here. Bringing 2 large totes of boxed Aeroart St. Petersburg figures. Lot of knights, romans, some civil war including a beautiful Union Horse Artillery Gun team and an original Aeroart/Puzenko Diorama both boxed. Also bringing a tray of unboxed ones, some goodies in there from the Mongols. 2 more totes of Connoisseur one of a kind figures including Russia, Italy, Spain, some others. Finally, some K&C oddities that are retired, new in box. Old diorama pieces from JGittins, the solid ones. And I am sure a few bins of Russian Studio figures like Bijato, West, Arsenyev and more. Futher a few surprises from the Trophy line including some rare India/Durbar/Raj series as well as something that floats.
Cya in a few days.
TD

Going through some more Consignment goodies today that are NOT in the Website yet but they are going to the Show!

Looks like some Mignot, Trophy and some Grenada & St. Petersburg Collection items will be making their way with us as well.

Clearance Books and Clearance Die-Cast will make an appearance on Sunday only, not for Room Trading (Another Reason you have to stay the whole weekend....)

Details - Details - Details Packing Day!!!

Julie

Just about packed here. Bringing 2 large totes of boxed Aeroart St. Petersburg figures. Lot of knights, romans, some civil war including a beautiful Union Horse Artillery Gun team and an original Aeroart/Puzenko Diorama both boxed. Also bringing a tray of unboxed ones, some goodies in there from the Mongols. 2 more totes of Connoisseur one of a kind figures including Russia, Italy, Spain, some others. Finally, some K&C oddities that are retired, new in box. Old diorama pieces from JGittins, the solid ones. And I am sure a few bins of Russian Studio figures like Bijato, West, Arsenyev and more. Futher a few surprises from the Trophy line including some rare India/Durbar/Raj series as well as something that floats.
Cya in a few days.
TD
Thanks for bringing something different and fun that we don't have to search for too long.
Tom always brings good stuff. That sounded bad.:unsure: Anyway, best wishes to all who attend.
TF sounds like it'll be well worth a visit, if not a cheque.
Paddy

I took care of mom and Dad was able to visit Julie at the Show.
He said the venue looked great as always.
Julie is awesome as always.
Grabbed some of her last JJD Egyptians - hope you can find 'em elsewhere if that's what you're looking for!
Happy Collecting
Paddy for Dad & me

I took care of mom and Dad was able to visit Julie at the Show.
He said the venue looked great as always.
Julie is awesome as always.
Grabbed some of her last JJD Egyptians - hope you can find 'em elsewhere if that's what you're looking for!
Happy Collecting
Paddy for Dad & me
Cheers, agree, all my long distance dealings with Julie and treefrog have been excellent.
Am i the only one wondering why Julie is not allowed to pack the trailor............... [this is having a bit of fun by the way]

I am still organizing photos (people ones too!).

But here is a YouTube Video you can watch for now:

Julie
Thanks for posting. Wow the WB displays certainly came to life here, and the vendors with the JJD were shown off very well. Didn't see a lot of K&C, nor TG, but I did skip though the video as the cameraman obviously was drawn to the vintage plastic play sets, which for the most part I don't remember making it to this side of the pond at least in the Toy Shops I went into as a kid.

Such a good video I think I saw more than I would have seen if I went. Excellent, thanks, Robin.

Thanks Julie for posting this link to a very nicely done video. I was fortunate to be able to watch this on my 75" TV which, when watching, made it almost like being at the actual show. Your tables were well represented as well as many others. I especially liked the close ups of the incredible looking diorama vignettes that Ken Osen made for the show.

Mike

Really great video and pictures, will get thre one year, was the guy there who did the warbirds? Anyone take any pictures?
Plus anything of Tfrogs stand, they always have some great pieces for sale.

I think I've got everything in my SmuMug Album now!

It is in "time" order, which means Room Trading first, then Sunday Show after my video of the Treefrog Tables. I always have to take loads of photos of my displays so I can look back next year to remember what I did!

Chicago Show 2024: https://treefrogtreasures.smugmug.com/CTSS-2024

A few gems of people pics:

IMG_0812-M.jpg

Roger & Chuck in fine form!

IMG_0818-M.jpg

Pat of "Pat & Paddy" fame!

IMG_0819-M.jpg

Another Pat!!!

IMG_0826-M.jpg

No Comment....this was after dinner one night....

IMG_0851-M.jpg

Stuart of Toy Soldier Collector Magazine

IMG_0935-M.jpg

Steve....is TALL

IMG_0936-M.jpg

Pizza night with Steven and Hans (and others!!!)

IMG_0940-M.jpg

Nate of 'Nate's Garage'

IMG_0949-M.jpg

Stefano from Italy

IMG_0956-M.jpg

Andreas, Mark & Steve

IMG_6887-M.jpg

Stacie, myself, Jason (long time friend and customer!), Aron & Tom

There are more people pictures.....but LOADS more toy soldier pics as well!!!

And I will post the few items that are staying here in the office once we unpack and recuperate.....

Julie

Very nice pics and video 😃

I need to get out to one of these big toy soldier shows one day… Maybe if there’s another West Coast show in Anaheim, CA again… It would be great to meet some fellow collectors and dealers in person!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back