Trojan War (2 Viewers)

Combat

Brigadier General
I saw the recent illustrations from John but has there been any confirmation that he intends to do a Trojan War line? And, if so, does anyone know when they might be released? I made the mistake of watching "Troy" on Netflix via BBC (which isn't bad and fairly accurate to the myths) and now looking forward to this line. So many great possibilities and personalities. An historical era that has long been overlooked by other manufacturers.

I assume you mean the Film with Brad Pitt, not that crap BBC TV series making Achilles, Helen and others African, they were Hellenic

and I believe as JJ has concept pictures this will be a line in the future

I have passed on the Civil War and El Cid series, but Trojan war is a must have!

Niels

I assume you mean the Film with Brad Pitt, not that crap BBC TV series making Achilles, Helen and others African, they were Hellenic

and I believe as JJ has concept pictures this will be a line in the future

I thought the BBC series was surprisingly good in terms of the storyline and acting. It was certainly more faithful to the original myths than most. The actor who played Achilles was outstanding. Given that the whole story is based on myths, I find it hard to get hung up on historical accuracy. If there ever was an "Achilles" I'm sure he didn't look anything like Brad Pitt either.

I saw the recent illustrations from John but has there been any confirmation that he intends to do a Trojan War line? And, if so, does anyone know when they might be released? I made the mistake of watching "Troy" on Netflix via BBC (which isn't bad and fairly accurate to the myths) and now looking forward to this line. So many great possibilities and personalities. An historical era that has long been overlooked by other manufacturers.

Where did you see the illustrations? I’d love to check them out.

Where did you see the illustrations? I’d love to check them out.

Several illustrations of the new Trojan War range were part of the 2020 December's JJD Advent Calendar.

Mike

I think I'd be interested in this myself!

I always wanted some maker to produce this series! Hope there are high towers with gates, large walls and of course THE 'TROJAN HORSE'!

Chariots, archers!

This could be great!!

Scott

So where was Troy mate?

Scott
Troy was in northwest Asia Minor (modern Turkey)(near Gallipoli).

Before the Oghuz Turks (East Asian steppe nomads) arrived in 11th century AD, Asia Minor was populated by Greeks, Armenians, Celts, and descendants of Hittites amongst others. These Indo European mostly Greek speaking Christians were mixed with the invaders, assimilating their language and Muslim religion and then evolving into modern day Turks.

Genetic studies of the Turkish people seems to suggest around 20 % of Turkic (East Asian) origin and the rest mostly resembling Southern Italian/Mediterranean origin.

Niels

I wonder if the Trojan War line could depict various multiple smaller events taken from the Illiad rather than one large battle? So you could have several subsets rather one giant melee. There could be multiple different versions of certain personalities within each of those subsets. Hard to say if that would appeal to collectors, though. Do they prefer one generic line to display as they choose or certain specific scenes (e.g. Hector vs Achilles)?

I wonder if the Trojan War line could depict various multiple smaller events taken from the Illiad rather than one large battle? So you could have several subsets rather one giant melee. There could be multiple different versions of certain personalities within each of those subsets. Hard to say if that would appeal to collectors, though. Do they prefer one generic line to display as they choose or certain specific scenes (e.g. Hector vs Achilles)?

The Odyssey would be amazing too.

Troy was in northwest Asia Minor (modern Turkey)(near Gallipoli).

Before the Oghuz Turks (East Asian steppe nomads) arrived in 11th century AD, Asia Minor was populated by Greeks, Armenians, Celts, and descendants of Hittites amongst others. These Indo European mostly Greek speaking Christians were mixed with the invaders, assimilating their language and Muslim religion and then evolving into modern day Turks.

Genetic studies of the Turkish people seems to suggest around 20 % of Turkic (East Asian) origin and the rest mostly resembling Southern Italian/Mediterranean origin.

Niels

Awesome mate thank you!

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back