Trophy ACW (4 Viewers)

Nicely done, Martyn!^&cool^&cool Did you make build the tower yourself?

Glad you like the picture Louis :salute:: I did make the tower....bit cheaper than the Frontline one :wink2:

Martyn,

Very nice, I hope they do not spot the Yankees.

Brian

Many thanks Brian..... I think they will be bringing up the guns pretty sharpish when they do ^&grin

Cheers

Martyn:)

You did a fine job building the tower. I do a lot of scratch construction with balsa wood for my son, it's a lot of fun visualizing something and then seeing how well you can recreate your vision in 3-D. A couple of weekends ago I built my son an approximately 1:72 scale diagonal cross- section of one wing and the nose of the Wright Flyer so he could add a little depth to a poster he did on the Wright Brothers for school. I built the frame out of balsa wood and toothpicks, covered the wings with cloth and used tread for the guide wires. Then we glued it to a picture he drew of the rest of the plane, so it looked like it was flying out of the poster.

You did a fine job building the tower. I do a lot of scratch construction with balsa wood for my son, it's a lot of fun visualizing something and then seeing how well you can recreate your vision in 3-D. A couple of weekends ago I built my son an approximately 1:72 scale diagonal cross- section of one wing and the nose of the Wright Flyer so he could add a little depth to a poster he did on the Wright Brothers for school. I built the frame out of balsa wood and toothpicks, covered the wings with cloth and used tread for the guide wires. Then we glued it to a picture he drew of the rest of the plane, so it looked like it was flying out of the poster.

:salute::

Getting your son involved is a huge bonus Louis {bravo}} I've got a few years to go before I can get my Grandson Archie interested, he's into Jake and the Neverland Pirates at the moment :rolleyes2: ^&grin

Cheers

:salute::

Getting your son involved is a huge bonus Louis {bravo}} I've got a few years to go before I can get my Grandson Archie interested, he's into Jake and the Neverland Pirates at the moment :rolleyes2: ^&grin

Cheers

My daughter is jut outgrowing Jake and the Neverland Pirates.:rolleyes2:

Nice!^&cool^&cool Is the wagon a civil war set, or is that a Trophy Zulu War or WWI supply wagon?

Nice!^&cool^&cool Is the wagon a civil war set, or is that a Trophy Zulu War or WWI supply wagon?

Thanks again Louis :salute::

The wagon was originally available in a Naval Brigade set from the Boer War but as you quite rightly state it was available in the WW1 series, this particular one was a spare that I had found on my travels :wink2: ........along with the dog..... ^&grin

Cheers

Thanks again Louis :salute::

The wagon was originally available in a Naval Brigade set from the Boer War but as you quite rightly state it was available in the WW1 series, this particular one was a spare that I had found on my travels :wink2: ........along with the dog..... ^&grin

Cheers

Martyn, I just love the way you phrase this - found! :wink2: ^&grin

You must have quite the ACW collection by now. :salute::

Jeff

Martyn, I just love the way you phrase this - found! :wink2: ^&grin

You must have quite the ACW collection by now. :salute::

Jeff

Hi Jeff

I'm just lucky I guess ^&grin

The ACW collection is ticking along nicely :wink2:

Cheers

Just bought my first 3 sets of ACW trophy ^&grin
I feel like a wee kid again ,I cant wait to get them
I used to have quite a lot of napoleonics but sold them all
if anyone knows were to pick some sets up any information would be great:salute::
Thanks
Scott

Scott,

Welcome to the Civil War! As you might know, I have a big collection of ACW Trophy. I may have a duplicate set or two which I would gladly sell to you. Please let me know if you're interested and I will look to see what they are. There are also some sets on eBay in the UK without bids so far.

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back