Trophy - Anglo Boer War sets (1 Viewer)

Now, that is seriously cool Martyn. Can you list all the different sets and dio pieces if you don't mind. Btw, did you see that the Maxim gun set went off at around $190.

Brad

Many thanks Brad, list coming up :salute::

I saw the Maxim gun finish at $192.65 (£127), glad I got mine when I did :wink2:

Cheers

Martyn:)

Now, that is seriously cool Martyn. Can you list all the different sets and dio pieces if you don't mind. Btw, did you see that the Maxim gun set went off at around $190.

Brad

Here are the sets Brad

TROPHY

ROYAL ARTILLERY HEAVY FIELD GUN (with WW1 camo gun) set# DBEQ10
NAVAL BRIGADE - HORSE DRAWN WAGON set# EQ62
WINSTON CHURCHILL set# S95
K.O.S.B. MAXIM GUN set# EQ50/V
UNLOADING THE WAGON set# EQ28/V
GRENADIER GUARDS MAXIM GUN set# DEQ50
OXEN DRAWN WATER CART set# EQ55/V (Special produced by Trophy for Boer War display)
TREES set# RD26

JG MINIATURES

BELL TENT
BOER WAR BLOCKHOUSE BASE
CUSTOM GRASS MAT

BACK DROP PRODUCED FROM PICTURES FOUND ON THE INTERNET

Cheers

GRENADIER GUARDS - Battle of Biddulphberg - May 28th 1900

grenadierguardsordealbyfire2_zps22c5f75a.jpg

grenadierguardsordealbyfirea_zps39a6a218.jpg

e681e27c-5ff9-42cb-9848-24dc61afd2ed_zps1b537000.jpg

Cheers

AN IMPERIAL YEOMANRY ROUGHRIDER

imperialyeomanryoriginal_zpsdfa07d35.jpg

imperialyeomanry_zps48e86561.jpg

e0ddb5df-882e-497c-9631-4490ac34ddd1_zps92d42b5f.jpg

Bell tent - JG Miniatures

Cheers

Lieut Riley, of the Yorkshire Light Infantry, and three YLI Privates rescue a fallen comrade - Magersfontein - December 1899

magersfontein1899_zpsc80e401d.jpg

d2556e98-55d5-40d0-9afc-10b528031571_zpsd4fafe06.jpg

Figures - Trophy of Wales and Little Legion

Diorama material - JG Miniatures

Cheers

Yet another imaginitive use of Len's work - to make up a small diorama representing a newspaper photo. Lovely stuff!!:D

About the only thing "not quite kosher" with them - is the rifle being used. The Trophy figures are using the earlier Martini-Henry ( 1871-1888, as used at Rorke's Drift), whilst in this picture (dated 1900 - bottom right), the guys are using the Lee Metford, a bolt action rifle that replaced the MH in 1888. Not a criticism though - as the overall effect is strikingly similar.

I was wondering if Len ever made any of these Boer War Brits with the Lee Metford, Martyn?? jb

Yet another imaginitive use of Len's work - to make up a small diorama representing a newspaper photo. Lovely stuff!!:D

About the only thing "not quite kosher" with them - is the rifle being used. The Trophy figures are using the earlier Martini-Henry ( 1871-1888, as used at Rorke's Drift), whilst in this picture (dated 1900 - bottom right), the guys are using the Lee Metford, a bolt action rifle that replaced the MH in 1888. Not a criticism though - as the overall effect is strikingly similar.

I was wondering if Len ever made any of these Boer War Brits with the Lee Metford, Martyn?? jb

Many thanks jb glad you like the pictures :salute::

I have a set of Trophy Boer War Black Watch, wearing slouch hats, and carrying Lee Metfords or maybe Lee Enfields. I'll find the picture and post it here

Cheers

Many thanks jb glad you like the pictures :salute::

I have a set of Trophy Boer War Black Watch, wearing slouch hats, and carrying Lee Metfords or maybe Lee Enfields. I'll find the picture and post it here

Cheers

Found it ^&grin

HSH2_zps34eb21cc.jpg

Cheers

Found it ^&grin

HSH2_zps34eb21cc.jpg

Cheers

Wow - those are just scrummy Martyn. Just as well that I didn't know about Trophy and Len's work when I lived in Cardiff - as I probably would have spent all my pocket-money in Penarth!

Just love what you do with various Trophy (and other) products - when reproducing old prints in TS. So it's a big well done from me ( and lots of others, by the look of it), do keep 'em coming :D jb

Wow - those are just scrummy Martyn. Just as well that I didn't know about Trophy and Len's work when I lived in Cardiff - as I probably would have spent all my pocket-money in Penarth!

Just love what you do with various Trophy (and other) products - when reproducing old prints in TS. So it's a big well done from me ( and lots of others, by the look of it), do keep 'em coming :D jb

Many thanks again jb, glad you continue to enjoy the pictures :salute::

Cheers

{bravo}}{bravo}}As always Martyn nicely done and shared my friend{bravo}}{bravo}}

The Royal Artillery and Royal Navy give Johnny Boer a pounding

Attachments

• IMG_7776.jpg
    IMG_7776.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_7775.jpg
    IMG_7775.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 191
It's great to see your settling into your new home and at play my friend.........Joe{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

"EXPECTING A VISIT FROM THE INVADERS - SIGHTING A MACHINE GUN" - Jan 7th 1901

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back