Trophy - Anglo Boer War sets (2 Viewers)

You do a great job with these. Did you buy more newspapers at the Show?

Brad

You do a great job with these. Did you buy more newspapers at the Show?

Brad

Many thanks Brad :salute::

I actually sold a bundle of loose magazines at the Show because I found the complete 4 volume bound set last week ^&grin

Cheers

Martyn:)

"SURRENDER!" CAPTURING A BOER SNIPER

boerhighlander1_zpsd66bfd9e.jpg

I have my suspicion whether this sniper made it to the POW camp alive {eek3} ^&grin

Grass mat and rocks - JG Miniatures

Cheers

Yes Martyn, from the looks of this illistration I suspect the "capturing" might be a tad misleading. :rolleyes2:

Another great rendition, well done! {bravo}}

B.

Yes Martyn, from the looks of this illistration I suspect the "capturing" might be a tad misleading. :rolleyes2:

Another great rendition, well done! {bravo}}

B.

Many thanks Buster :salute::

Serves him right he shouldn't have upset Queen Victoria {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Cheers

As always very nicely doe my friend{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

"SURRENDER!" CAPTURING A BOER SNIPER

boerhighlander1_zpsd66bfd9e.jpg

boerhighlander3_zps56f58bae.jpg

1193c7bf-0cdb-48e1-859f-c218edf83bf1_zps60bbad80.jpg

I have my suspicion whether this sniper made it to the POW camp alive {eek3} ^&grin

Grass mat and rocks - JG Miniatures

Cheers

Nice little display. That Boer should have checked the batteries in his hearing aid before taking a pot shot at the troopers.

Brian

Nice little display. That Boer should have checked the batteries in his hearing aid before taking a pot shot at the troopers.

Brian
The men in the picture are National Scouts. Boers who joined the British forces. To this day there is great hatred towards them amongst Afrikaners.
They betrayed their own people and are generally regarded as beyond the pale.
Herman Charles Bosman wrote a beautiful short story called the Traitors Wife about a national scout who is betrayed by his own wife to the burgers still in the field to be executed rather than remain married to a traitor
As usual Martyn great images

Brian

Many thanks Brian :salute::

Cheers

The men in the picture are National Scouts. Boers who joined the British forces. To this day there is great hatred towards them amongst Afrikaners.
Herman Charles Bosman wrote a beautiful short story called the Traitors Wife about a national scout who is betrayed by his own wife to the burgers still in the field to be executed rather than remain married to a traitor

Many thanks Damian, good to see you posting again {bravo}}

I have just found the 4 bound issues of "With The Flag To Pretoria" and "After Pretoria - The Guerilla War". Lots of great pictures in the 4 volumes {bravo}}

Cheers

Many thanks Damian, good to see you posting again {bravo}}

I have just found the 4 bound issues of "With The Flag To Pretoria" and "After Pretoria - The Guerilla War". Lots of great pictures in the 4 volumes {bravo}}

Cheers

What do you mean Just Found! {sm2}{sm4}

Jeff :wink2:

Goes to show what I have repeatedly quoted from Faulkner that the past is never dead, it's not even past.

"MAXIM GUN IN ACTION AT ONE THOUSAND YARDS" May 29th 1901

maxim_zpsaf10d1bd.jpg

maximsighting1_zps4df69635.jpg

de88a975-1f58-464d-932c-9c6bb7a55852_zps9e01d55f.jpg

Cheers

Great looking piece. If I'm not mistaken there's one on eBay right now.

Great looking piece. If I'm not mistaken there's one on eBay right now.

Thanks Brad :salute::

The one on Ebay is the same set but the figures represent the KOSB (Kings Own Scottish Borderers)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back