Trophy of Wales (3 Viewers)

The first and second photos are Captain James Skinner of Skinners Horse, a Raj set, EL 8.

Next set is a Civil War set, Some Local Provisions.

Last photo is also a Civil War set, Jeb Stuart. Can't say I've seen this one before.

Brad

The first and second photos are Captain James Skinner of Skinners Horse, a Raj set, EL 8.

Next set is a Civil War set, Some Local Provisions.

Last photo is also a Civil War set, Jeb Stuart. Can't say I've seen this one before.

Brad

Great, thanks for the help

By the way, the goat you pictured in the elephant set goes with Some Local Provisions.

By the way, the goat you pictured in the elephant set goes with Some Local Provisions.

Hi

Thanks again.

I mostly collect All the Queens Men and Stadden, is there any place to see old Trophy catalogs? I will probably sell this stuff on ebay, as I am sure someone else will enjoy it more. But would like to match up as much as possible.

Unfortunately, there aren't any Trophy catalogues on line. I have a couple of catalogues that I've been able to acquire over the years. When I have a question that I can't answer, I ask Martyn (GICOP on this Forum); he is the expert on Trophy.

I'd love if someone with physical catalogs started a website and posted them all....^&grin (not just trophy but all of them) - that would be an amazing resource

Re: not Trophy of Wales, maybe Somerset? Civil war

View attachment 185885

if anyone has any idea?

thanks again

Hi Love this set! I don't think I have ever seen it, but definitely it is Jeb saying goodbye. Not be Somerset, the only odd venture they ever did past Indian Army and British Colonial wars that I know of was a one off Mounted Samurai figure that I believe was a promotion. Also the painting here is not quite smooth enough. I can't tell from the pic, is the scale a "robust" 54mm or on the small side?

Tom

Tom,

That doesn't look like a Trophy horse to me. What do you think?

Brad

Brad has got the sets sorted for you pretty much

The Elephant set is PW1 but appears to be missing a fan bearing hand servant

The Confederates with the supplies and row boat are from ACW 46 - SOME LOCAL PROVISIONS Your set looks like it is missing the kneeling firing Confederate and a few boxed supplies, also the log doesn't belong to this set.

The only JEB Stuart that Trophy produced is this one

N%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20EL13T%20JEB%20STUART_zpsjyzizlit.jpg
[/URL]

Hope this helps

Cheers

Martyn:)

Forgive my butting in on this discussion, for I no nothing of Trophy, but about the Jeb Stuart figure, the horse is very much like Somerset. In fact, the horse is identical to the standard standing pose done by Somerset, from the tilt of the horse head, the sculpture of the chest, saddle, and even the right rear leg being forward. I do not know about the figures, because as Tom says, I am also unaware of any figures done by Somerset in this era. It is likely that the horse is Somerset though. -- Al

Thanks Martyn.

If it's Somerset, it must be early Somerset because I have never seen a Somerset horse like that. It seems quite different than his Indian or South African (Zulu) horses.

Brad

Thanks Martyn.

If it's Somerset, it must be early Somerset because I have never seen a Somerset horse like that. It seems quite different than his Indian or South African (Zulu) horses.

Brad
Brad, I have 6 Somerset horses identical to the one in question. They are early manufacture, as I purchased them all in the 80's, in one order. They are all Skinner's Horse, 5 lancers and 1 officer. Somerset then changed over to horses with a raised front leg. -- Al

I will defer to you Al but I have a couple of their mounted sets -- in fact I just listed one on eBay -- and they don't look like the one in question.

At any rate, since Martyn has indicated that it's not Trophy, I'm not interested in the set.

I don't know if Somerset ever did Civil War -- and maybe it's not Civil War or maybe the rider and horse don't match -- but Little Legion did Civil War at one point so wonder if maybe it's LL. Again, a question for Martyn.

I will defer to you Al but I have a couple of their mounted sets -- in fact I just listed one on eBay -- and they don't look like the one in question.

At any rate, since Martyn has indicated that it's not Trophy, I'm not interested in the set.

I don't know if Somerset ever did Civil War -- and maybe it's not Civil War or maybe the rider and horse don't match -- but Little Legion did Civil War at one point so wonder if maybe it's LL. Again, a question for Martyn.
Brad, I just looked at the listing. Your horse is the later horse type I was speaking of with the raised front leg. It is different than the standing one we have been discussing, which has all 4 hooves on the ground. The 6 horses I have, like the pictured one in question, were all part of my earliest Somerset purchase. All subsequent purchases were horses like the one you have posted for sale. -- Al

Brad, I just looked at the listing. Your horse is the later horse type I was speaking of with the raised front leg. It is different than the standing one we have been discussing, which has all 4 hooves on the ground. The 6 horses I have, like the pictured one in question, were all part of my earliest Somerset purchase. All subsequent purchases were horses like the one you have posted for sale. -- Al

Wouldn't you like to have a 7th? :wink2: ^&grin

Re: Trophy of Wales....tree

003.JPG004.JPG

this tree was in the same box as the civil war trophy. Did Trophy ever do trees?

Again, thanks for help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back