TSSD for 2011 (1 Viewer)

Could you please explain to me then what was posted on TSSD,s site? I just re read it and it looks to me as Gun fight at the OK Corral figures and another totally different line with a playset.
Gary

Sorry. That's has been changed since I first read it when there was no mention of a play set and no underlined comment. .

As a person with a mild interest in western gunfighting and western movies - will Nick's sculptor give us "period" holsters or "Hollywood" holsters? Yes, there is a difference. Those low-slung "buscadero" rigs from the TV and movies of the late 50's through 70's were 20th Century designs. Some sources say that most of the Earps weren't even wearing traditional gun leather. Their jobs as city marshalls usually involved having their gun in a coat. Same with Wyatt Earp's "Buntline Special" - the story of his gun has been explored, but nobody can verify what he carried that day. Apparently the only two guns that can be verified from the shootout behind Fly's photo studio in Tombstone were two Colt Single Action Army revolvers from a pair of the cowboys. The guns were entered into the court records at the inquest.

Anyway, new figures from TSSD will be welcomed. I would prefer more WW2 figures, but I'll see what we actually get.

Gary B.

I think I just saw this debate on another site about different plastic figures. With in reason, I don't care; they are indeed toys. If they giving the guys 9mm automatics against AK47s, then I object. But if they have two guns instead of one, or a side holster made of cow leather instead of bull, it doesn't matter. Just make them fun.
As it is, what a big difference from the early Marx cowboys, 45m 54 and 60 compared to some like Airfix or Britain's. Seems that not only does style change through the ages, perception of style also changes.

As it is, what a big difference from the early Marx cowboys, 45m 54 and 60 compared to some like Airfix or Britain's. Seems that not only does style change through the ages, perception of style also changes.

Here's a link to some pictures of the old cowboys. Not all that neat looking as far as figure, or play value wise. There is always some artistic license with toy soldiers, particularly the earlier eras. I don't think the Apache's were as tall as most toy makers have them, certainly the Mexicans as represented by companies certainly weren't. One of the new companies' Mexicans look like they may have been the Olympic basketball team drafted as to be an infantry company. I always thought that the supposed 45mm Alamo figure was in reality the only one the correct size.
I think a bunch of toy cowboys that don't look much different than sod-busters s might not be that great a selling item.
Anyhow, digression over, here's some pics.
http://www.ghostcowboy.com/node?page=43

I'm hoping that the "cowboy" side has good period gear and clothes and that the Wyatt Earp side has the "gentleman's" suits etc. Might be good for conversions. A couple of male and female bystanders would be good. I'm guessing the set might be "Tombstone" (the movie) based which is "O.K." with me.

One could take the TSSD US cavalry and fight it out with "Billy The Kid."

I see that Conte has dusted of his Tombstone plans and has them slated for a run. He writes of his intentions as

"Zulu restocks followed by NW Frontier First wave followed by Romans
first wave followed by Tombstone"

I gather they'll be metal though??

I,m sure Conte trotted out those old sculps of Tombstone to one up TSSD since TSSD announced their intentions of doing it.
Gary

Recall when TSSD first announced and had for sale their GIs at OTSN. Conte rushed his GIs in prototype form and packaged them in Alamo header cards? Me thinks something similar. Conte is ambitious and anxious and we have not seen any plastic in three years? Plus Tombstone is 4th on the list? How many years would that translate to?

Recall when TSSD first announced and had for sale their GIs at OTSN. Conte rushed his GIs in prototype form and packaged them in Alamo header cards? Me thinks something similar. Conte is ambitious and anxious and we have not seen any plastic in three years? Plus Tombstone is 4th on the list? How many years would that translate to?

BINGO! Same ol, same ol!
Gary

4th, at least. Seems he does that a lot with some of the bigger toy soldier companies. Someone announces a new series and right away( though this might be a new record- I think it was like 4 hours) he announces he is going to do that same thing but his will be better, more poses, cheaper, more colors, etc. etc. etc.
Of course, rarely does it happen. Don't hold your breath or your money waiting for his Tombstone figures.
Maybe TSSD or Barzso or CTS should announce they are doing ancient Persians in plastic. Then, maybe his will actually come out.

Ive been following forums here and on Hobby Bunker for some time and am a bit wary of posting as there seems to be a pattern here of people getting attakhed for saying something which disagrees with a few of you. In reading through the forum it looks like there are a few of you who appear to work as a group backing one another up . This whole Tombstone argument seems to be a perfect example of people working to discredit one company while promoting a competitor who some of you apparently like.better. This all seems silly to me and I am guessing there is more than meets the eye.:smile2:
Why aren't we happy that multiple manufacturers r making tombstone stuff. Competiton has got to be good for we collectors and maybe i'm missing something but why is the discussion so negative and unfriendly. perhaps I am in the minority but i wish the discussion was on the quality of the sculpting & the sizes or scale & materials and so on rather than distracting and off topic attacks which dont seem to add anything. Seems like u angry guys do not want the rest of us to make up our own minds .^&confuse

Talked to Nick at the West Coaster and unless he was kidding me the next line isn't anything that's been mentioned. So keep the guesses coming . . .

Bosun Al

The Tombstone figures look incredible.

Does anyone know what they'll be made of? Resin?

Regardless, I'll be buying them.

Been following updates on Nick like he was in my blood family.

I have been amazed reading the posts about Nick on CaringBridge. Even though I haven't posted there, Nick and DeAnna have been in my prayers.

Has WW1 been floated? What time periods - US ones I guess - haven't been covered?

Has WW1 been floated? What time periods - US ones I guess - haven't been covered?

I would like to see Crimean War but that period would be better from Armies In Plastic. TSSD's series are great for individual figures but not for building masses of troops. The OK Coral could be covered by one maybe two sets while the Crimean War opens up sales for limitless numbers of boxes.

Ive been following forums here and on Hobby Bunker for some time and am a bit wary of posting as there seems to be a pattern here of people getting attakhed for saying something which disagrees with a few of you. In reading through the forum it looks like there are a few of you who appear to work as a group backing one another up . This whole Tombstone argument seems to be a perfect example of people working to discredit one company while promoting a competitor who some of you apparently like.better. This all seems silly to me and I am guessing there is more than meets the eye.:smile2:
Why aren't we happy that multiple manufacturers r making tombstone stuff. Competiton has got to be good for we collectors and maybe i'm missing something but why is the discussion so negative and unfriendly. perhaps I am in the minority but i wish the discussion was on the quality of the sculpting & the sizes or scale & materials and so on rather than distracting and off topic attacks which dont seem to add anything. Seems like u angry guys do not want the rest of us to make up our own minds .^&confuse

Yeah, we do sometime jump on Mr. Conte. The toy soldier industry is basically small companies, so one often gets to meet the actual owner or know part of the staff. RC is a very nice guy in person (to my experience at least). He just tends to announce stuff that looks GREAT but doesn't get made for years and years. When the stuff comes in it's fine. Conte's plastic GIs are about the best US WW2 soldiers ever done in plastic. I wish he would have done more WW2 GIs and wish he would have redone his Germans to that standard. The "joke" is that the Tombstone era figures that were announced were shown on the Conte website in prototype form several years ago. There was no information on the figures or hints of actual production until another company generated some interest.

As for TSSD, I still hope it's 20th Century US stuff. Maybe WW1 or Korea? I still wish for more WW2 from Nick. Small chance, but one can wish!

Gary B.

Well Korea would be something new, though US figures wouldn't be too different from the WW2 guys. The Chinese might be the most interesting development in that direction.

The "joke" is that the Tombstone era figures that were announced were shown on the Conte website in prototype form several years ago. There was no information on the figures or hints of actual production until another company generated some interest.

Gary the 4 Tombstone era figures by Conte made their appearance in 2010 and not several years ago. It's been assumed by those mentioned above that his latest announcement was generated by TSSD which is far from the truth but I'm sure my take on it will be comment on. From his announcement of his new ZW Series along with his Zouave's efforts on a continual basis have been made to discredit him. He's address all of the issues yet they've been address as excuses and not as fact. To date he's delivered an will continue to deliver what's been announce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back