upside down (2 Viewers)

Humbug

Private 1st Class
RAF006(L).jpgAfter placing my newly acquired fuel bowser next to my Spitfire I noticed that the
sitting pilot from set RAF006 is just pretending to read or he is holding his book
upside down!!:D

View attachment 79650After placing my newly acquired fuel bowser next to my Spitfire I noticed that the
sitting pilot from set RAF006 is just pretending to read or he is holding his book
upside down!!:D

He's reading Cricket rules for Australians:wink2:^&grin (Just kidding Wayne!)

Rob

Last edited:
He was just opening his book for a pleasant Sunday read and was distracted by the call to his buddy saying Fighter Command had just reported a 300 plane raid apparently heading right toward the base. Notice the other Guy's "bloody crap" expression.

:D:D

Its Rob using his I-Phone.......................:D

^&grin^&grin

Very funny and so true!^&grin So if my pics from London are upside down you know its the phone and not too much Vodka:wink2:

Rob

Many a time I've picked up a book and discovered it was upside down!

RAF pilots were trained to read in this way. They were shooting down stuka's and heinkel's with such ease they were doing a lot of reading whilst up in the air (nothing else to do). Reading in this manner meant they did not have to pause whilst getting to a good bit whilst performing all the victory rolls!!!!!
Mitch

RAF pilots were trained to read in this way. They were shooting down stuka's and heinkel's with such ease they were doing a lot of reading whilst up in the air (nothing else to do). Reading in this manner meant they did not have to pause whilst getting to a good bit whilst performing all the victory rolls!!!!!
Mitch

Yes I understand many of them read the IKEA catalogue from cover to cover whilst performing victory rolls, not much use you may think, but after the War these men had some of the best put together storage cabinets in Europe:wink2:

Rob

Yes I understand many of them read the IKEA catalogue from cover to cover whilst performing victory rolls, not much use you may think, but after the War these men had some of the best put together storage cabinets in Europe:wink2:

Rob

Mate put that Gin away..................:D

Troops:

That's a Jewish prayer book. It reads right to left and our normal back cover is the front cover. Most Jewish fought for the country where they lived (except Germany ). Notable among them is Robert Tuck. Here is an excerpt rom the Jewish Virtual Library re "Jewish Pilots & Ground Crew in the Battle of Great Britain:"

Robert Roland Stanford Tuck
was known as “Lucky Tuck” [39] and was Flt. Lt/Wing Commander with 92 and 257 Squadrons. He was born in Catford on 1.7.16, son of Capt. Stanley Lewis Tuck (Capt. in Royal West Surreys, in WW1 ) and Ethel Clara , and educated at St Dunstan’s College, Reading. He was at sea for two years as a Cadet and then joined the RAF in 1935. Whilst training at Grantham, he was almost killed in a mid air collision caused by turbulence [40] and he had to bale out severely scarring his face. At Duxford in 1938 he became one of the RAF’s first Spitfire qualified pilots.

...Tuck is probably the most highly decorated Jewish WW2 pilot after Louis Aarons, VC, DFM. He is credited with 30 kills - one not added till 1982 [46] making him the eighth ranking ace of the RAF with more victories than any other British pilot [47]. His portrait hangs at Bentley Priory RAF base at Stanmore – Fighter Command HQ in WW2 - alongside many other Battle of Britain pilots. He died aged 70 years on 5.5.87. His Jewish Chaplain card mentions an article on him in the JC in Jan. 1941. He was also a great friend of Jewish Fighter Pilot Ronnie Austin Jarvis (killed in 1941) and their visit to the home, for example, of the Jewish Barnato family is well documented [48].

A more detailed book ia available at Amzon.com...A Question of Honor. It is the story of Kosciuszko Squadron.

The figure could might as well represent Robert Tuck.

By the way, I have a Jewish prayer book that looks just like it

N-P

Attachments

• 51yrIO8oC6L__BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
    51yrIO8oC6L__BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 117
I have the figure and it's just a book with no noticeable writing on it. Unless Andy says otherwise, it's certainly not a Jewish prayer book.

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back