VEH017 Winter PzKpw IV Ausf F2 with Long Barrel 75mm and Winterketten (1 Viewer)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
We are pleased to present this winter variant of our Panzer IV Ausf F2 for our Battle of Stalingrad figure range. We have equipped this model with “Winterketten” to allow it to ride more smoothly across the snow covered battlefields of Russia. This is a truly spectacular models and have a wide variety of features:

- Opening & Closing Commander's Turret
- Opening & Closing Left Side Turret Hatches (Though not shown in any images, the left turret hatch opens and closes)
- Opening Closing Rear Turret Storage Hatch
- Fully Rotating Turret
- Gun Raises/Lowers
- Antenna Raises/Lowers
- Non-Attached Stowage Accessories Included
- Extremely realistic weathering and superb sculpting and painting
- Perfectly Fits Tank Crew TC006/TC007/TC008
- Winterketten Tracks

Forewarned is forearmed as they say and well over 50% of this production run is already sold and we only officially announced the product today. So if you want this model in your collection we highly recommend that you order it immediately. If you order it through a dealer, be sure the dealer orders it from us immediately. I can’t stress to you enough that we anticipate this vehicle will be sold out prior to arriving at our warehouse.

VEH017page1.jpg

VEH017page2.jpg

VEH017page3.jpg

That's a wrap for April!

Best,

Matt
First Legion

Another great looking winter version tank!!!, I'm not sold on the Winterketten tracks but like the last few German tanks/vehicles you better grab 'em while their hot or miss the boat or tank in this case:)...Sammy

Another great looking winter version tank!!!, I'm not sold on the Winterketten tracks but like the last few German tanks/vehicles you better grab 'em while their hot or miss the boat or tank in this case:)...Sammy
Think Matt already made that point Sammy :wink2:

Forewarned is forearmed as they say and well over 50% of this production run is already sold and we only officially announced the product today. So if you want this model in your collection we highly recommend that you order it immediately. me personally like the Wintetketten tracks

will there be a normandy version?

I am much contemplating to get this, but if theres a normandy version,i am willing to wait.

will there be a normandy version?

I am much contemplating to get this, but if theres a normandy version,i am willing to wait.

Yes, its the Normandy version I'm holding out for.

Question:...IMPORTANT.....Will this model look like the photo depicted??? or will it have the dark panel lines like the Wnter Panzer IV (Short barrel version)....The winterization with "DARK PANEL LINES" on the short barrel version was a disappointment.....IF it's going to look like the picture shown that's fine.... otherwise I'll pass.

Matt; could you please post the dimensions of this Panzer? I recieved an FL PZ IV F1 which I returned becaus it was too small. The figures almost reached the turret roof and looked wrong.
I know your Panzers are not polystone; but are mixed media, resin, plastic, metal et.al. Can you describe how they are made; are they built up of individual castings like a polystyrene model?

Thank You

We are pleased to present this winter variant of our Panzer IV Ausf F2 for our Battle of Stalingrad figure range. We have equipped this model with “Winterketten” to allow it to ride more smoothly across the snow covered battlefields of Russia. This is a truly spectacular models and have a wide variety of features:

- Opening & Closing Commander's Turret
- Opening & Closing Left Side Turret Hatches (Though not shown in any images, the left turret hatch opens and closes)
- Opening Closing Rear Turret Storage Hatch
- Fully Rotating Turret
- Gun Raises/Lowers
- Antenna Raises/Lowers
- Non-Attached Stowage Accessories Included
- Extremely realistic weathering and superb sculpting and painting
- Perfectly Fits Tank Crew TC006/TC007/TC008
- Winterketten Tracks

Forewarned is forearmed as they say and well over 50% of this production run is already sold and we only officially announced the product today. So if you want this model in your collection we highly recommend that you order it immediately. If you order it through a dealer, be sure the dealer orders it from us immediately. I can’t stress to you enough that we anticipate this vehicle will be sold out prior to arriving at our warehouse.

VEH017page1.jpg

VEH017page2.jpg

VEH017page3.jpg

That's a wrap for April!

Best,

Matt
First Legion

Surely this is some sort of joke? You must have been using 1/20 scale figures with a 1/30 scale Pz.IV if the figures "almost reached the turret roof", because I have never seen anyone try to claim FL's WWII figures are too LARGE!
Do you seriously expect a manufacturer jump to attention just because YOU want dimensions of a new release? Or to explain in detail how his AFV's are produced, just because YOU demand it? I'm sorry, that's taking optimism to unrealistic extremes, but please dream on.
The post did provide a quiet chortle, but me'thinks you do need to take a reality check though.

Last edited:
I have the PZ 3. And I can tell you that none of the FL figures come up to the turret roof or even close. misc 008 (640x480).jpgmisc 014 (640x478) (2).jpg

The Panzer IV dimensions look and are fine:salute::.....No problem there....My only major complaint for the FL Winter Panzer IV short barrel was that the winter weathering did NOT AT ALL appear as the website photo....That's a bit concerning to me as we mostly depend on accurate product description and photographic depiction when making purchases for AFV's.....Hopefully these issues will be addressed so that we can trust/believe the photos for future purchases.

The Panzer IV dimensions look and are fine:salute::.....No problem there....My only major complaint for the FL Winter Panzer IV short barrel was that the winter weathering did NOT AT ALL appear as the website photo....That's a bit concerning to me as we mostly depend on accurate product description and photographic depiction when making purchases for AFV's.....Hopefully these issues will be addressed so that we can trust/believe the photos for future purchases.

Did you see the Blade Shoot thread on the Panzer IV? He already has one somehow and has hi res pictures that make it look closer to the Winter Panzer III than the F1 Panzer IV. I am happy about that.

Did you see the Blade Shoot thread on the Panzer IV? He already has one somehow and has hi res pictures that make it look closer to the Winter Panzer III than the F1 Panzer IV. I am happy about that.

Yes Bradley, I did see it....Hopefully it's a better winter paint job without all those dark panels lines which for me ruined the last Winter Panzer IV model....That was just poorly done and not what I thought I was purchasing:(....I think that I can correct it with some dilute white wash paints but it's not what I want to be doing nor should have to do to a $300 model...FL just produce what you are depicting in your WEBSITE photos (which is what they normally do and what we have come to expect).....Be consistent so that we can trust the photographic depictions....That's is all we ask.

Last edited:
The coloring is pretty much exactly the same as VEH016 Winter Panzer IV Ausf F1. See image below as well as BladeShoot's images in the other thread. He's a professional photographer it seems so that's how these models photograph. As of this morning there are less than 10 left in any case....

WinterP4.jpg

Matt, I'm not trying to be difficult but the actual model in the flesh is even darker then these photos....Perhaps reflective light is making them look lighter but my FL Winter Panzer IV short barrel is significantly darker then these photos depict....Best Frank

Surely this is some sort of joke? You must have been using 1/20 scale figures with a 1/30 scale Pz.IV if the figures "almost reached the turret roof", because I have never seen anyone try to claim FL's WWII figures are too LARGE!
Do you seriously expect a manufacturer jump to attention just because YOU want dimensions of a new release? Or to explain in detail how his AFV's are produced, just because YOU demand it? I'm sorry, that's taking optimism to unrealistic extremes, but please dream on.
The post did provide a quiet chortle, but me'thinks you do need to take a reality check though.

I have requested and received dimensional information on products from TCS and Figarti; it is in the best interest of a business to provide such information and the request is not unreasonable from a customer. Customer service should be the first priority of a company if they wish to remain in business in a competitive enviornment.

The figures I used were the W. Britains Fallschirmjagers; which are a measured 60 mm above the base. Do FL Panzers only look correct with FL figures? I have seen photos of both WB and FL figures posed with the Figarti Panther G and they both look good!

The dimensions of the returned FL Panzer IV F1 are: Length 188 mm, Width 99 mm, Height 81mm. The actual Panzer IV F1 size is: Length 5910 mm, Width, 2860 mm, Height 2680 mm. The Dimensions of a correct 1/30 scale Panzer IV F1 should be: Length 197 mm, Width 95 mm, Height 89 mm. The height dimension is 8 mm short or 10% less than it should be; which is why the figures look wrong! I grant that I may have received a defective product; which is what I am trying to confirm by requesting dimensional information before I buy another FL Panzer IV.

Matt, I'm not trying to be difficult but the actual model in the flesh is even darker then these photos....Perhaps reflective light is making them look lighter but my FL Winter Panzer IV short barrel is significantly darker then these photos depict....Best Frank

Mine was darker too. A little disappointed when it arrived. Wish it had more winter look. Hope the new looks more like the pics. Ron{sm2}

Mine was darker too. A little disappointed when it arrived. Wish it had more winter look. Hope the new looks more like the pics. Ron{sm2}

I would not bet on that:rolleyes2:....I think it will be very similar to the short barrel version having panel lines that are just TOO DARK......I also was disappointed with the short barrel winter Panzer IV....and that's why I am passing on this one.

I have requested and received dimensional information on products from TCS and Figarti; it is in the best interest of a business to provide such information and the request is not unreasonable from a customer. Customer service should be the first priority of a company if they wish to remain in business in a competitive enviornment.

The figures I used were the W. Britains Fallschirmjagers; which are a measured 60 mm above the base. Do FL Panzers only look correct with FL figures? I have seen photos of both WB and FL figures posed with the Figarti Panther G and they both look good!

The dimensions of the returned FL Panzer IV F1 are: Length 188 mm, Width 99 mm, Height 81mm. The actual Panzer IV F1 size is: Length 5910 mm, Width, 2860 mm, Height 2680 mm. The Dimensions of a correct 1/30 scale Panzer IV F1 should be: Length 197 mm, Width 95 mm, Height 89 mm. The height dimension is 8 mm short or 10% less than it should be; which is why the figures look wrong! I grant that I may have received a defective product; which is what I am trying to confirm by requesting dimensional information before I buy another FL Panzer IV.

Probably not though from the manufacturer. Figarti rarely replied on their painting issues even when you contacted them and complained so, good luck thinking they would post measurements. The collectors showcase made a noise I see regarding scale as I have just read through some threads about their scale. The Tigers and king tigers were true blue and bang on 1/30th scale... That made me chuckle. King and country never comments on scale so, why would First Legion post them?

The FL models for me are mostly plastic of any source name but, essentially plastic/resin if you like that sound better. They have some PE parts so, I would not envisage issues you have raised which I do not accept as a reasoning for scale distortions. At least not where one release is 1/30th and one can be 1/28th. small deviations and they are very small can occur in a run but, having multiples of some items its rare to see it let alone accept it as a reason

I also must admit to laughing when you had figures nearly touching the roof. Then your using the wrong figures that are stated as 1/30th scale. I read big 1/30th yesterday posted without humour I would have liked to have seen that picture.

I again can not see the reasoning behind paying $300 for a model and then return it because you state its a few mm out and you round it up to 1/31 when your happy using 1/24th tanks with 1/27th or 1/28th scale TCS and king and country figures.

It makes little sense to me and that comment surely must be seen as baiting FL considering my recent explanations of what baiting is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back