Vietnam Rocks (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

Whenever, I think of the 'Vietnam War' I also hear the soundtrack of that conflict in my ears.

As as young guy in the 1960s it's my soundtrack too... and I was all the way back in Scotland until I went to work in America in 1969... But that's another story.

Here, in the meantime, are three of the best songs that followed the GIs and 'Grunts' all the way to Vietnam's paddyfields and firebases...

Have a great weekend!
Andy

20610.jpg

20611.jpg

Thanks for the post Andy and thanks for creating the Vietnam series for K&C. Vietnam has become one of the largest parts of my collection and I plan to continue adding to it.

Yes, me too, I've also enjoyed collecting K&C's Vietnam range very much, having made many dramatic diorama scenes most of which I took photos of and shared here on the forum from the beginning of the range and a great journey it's been too and look forward to seeing this range widen as it continues.

Great picks, Andy. I esp. like Creedence. Went to a John Fogerty concert a few years back. He can stilll rock!

Personally, when it comes to Hueys in Vietnam, while Fortunate Son comes directly to mind; I also can’t leave out the prelude to Act 3 of Richard Wagner’s opera, Die Walküre, more popularly known as “Ride of the Valkyries” 😉

That said, I’m looking forward to the K&C Huey and anticipate it to be a much more solid effort than the Collectors Showcase version (that was kind of a letdown to me, personally). I’m looking forward to making a display similar to the LZ pic Andy posted above with the Marine Huey 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back