Vintage ACW Photos (1 Viewer)

Wow Mike!
I am taking a break from the other side of the bench for a few moments and as usual I thought I would check in to see what is going on.
What a nice treat I have found. These last five 'vintage' images posted are perhaps the best of the lot. I am a bit prejudiced as far as artillery goes and you have some great compositions here.

There should be a package coming your way next week with a few reinforcements. Maybe even a few of these new fellows I see on the bench right now will make an appearance in some of your future finds.

All the Best,
Ken

Wow Mike!
I am taking a break from the other side of the bench for a few moments and as usual I thought I would check in to see what is going on.
What a nice treat I have found. These last five 'vintage' images posted are perhaps the best of the lot. I am a bit prejudiced as far as artillery goes and you have some great compositions here.

There should be a package coming your way next week with a few reinforcements. Maybe even a few of these new fellows I see on the bench right now will make an appearance in some of your future finds.

All the Best,
Ken

Why thank you Ken for the kind compliment. I am glad you liked them. And now you really have me excited with the prospects of reinforcements on the way - I will certainly have to put these "special one-of-a-kind" troops into a photo or two.
:) Mike

Mike...I think the last one you showed...the artillery crew...is the best one of all so far...it really looks like it went through a natural aging process...keep up the good work,,,these are fun to look at...

Thank you Michael. Here's another one I found showing Union General George Meade's HQ (Leister Farm House) at Gettysburg . . . .

Estelle-1.jpg

Thank you Michael. Here's another one I found showing Union General George Meade's HQ (Leister Farm House) at Gettysburg . . . .

Estelle-1.jpg

Looks perfect! Wonder how much this would go for on the antique photo market? :)

Thank you Randy, Scott, and Martyn. Last week I received Old Northwest Trading Company sset #IOW1001 "Forever a Rebel" which I have posted photographs of under the ONTC section of this forum. The set depicts the moment in history when the reknown ACW photographer Mathew Brady took his famous photo of three Confederate prisoners after the Battle of Gettysburg. I also took some "comparison" photos of this set in a vinatge format and decided to post one of them here. The first photo is the original Mathew Brady picture and the second photo is one I took of my ONTC set . . . .

confederate-prisoners_small1.jpg

PICT0008-2-1.jpg

I discovered another vintage photo, although untitled I can almost imagine that this is part of Pickett'e Division making that historical charge on that fateful third day of July in 1863 ;) . . . .

PICT0001-24-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back