VN005-VN009 Vietnam US 25th Infantry Division! (1 Viewer)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
We are also pleased to start the pre-order for the next 5 figures in our new Vietnam series. It's been wonderful to hear how well the first four figures were received at the recent Chicago show and by customers around the world and believe me, we'll be expanding this range quite a bit over the course of 2013. So to kick that off, here are the next five figures in the series which we've shown previously. These are now available for pre-order and will be shipping to customers mid-late October 2012.

VNUSCOver.jpg

VN005 US 25th Infantry Division Standing Firing M-16 - $64.95
VN006 US 25th Infantry Division Standing with Ithaca 37 Shotgun - $64.95
VN007 US 25th Infantry Division Radio Operator with M-16 - $69.95
VN008 US 25th Infantry Division Kneeling with M-79 "Bloooper" and M-72 LAW - $64.95
VN009 US 25th Infantry Division Standing with M-60 - $64.95
Shipping Mid-Late October 2012

VN005Page1.jpg

VN005

VN005Page2.jpg

VN005

VN006Page1.jpg

VN006

VN007Page1.jpg

VN007

VN007Page2.jpg

VN005

VN008Page1.jpg

VN008

VN008Page2.jpg

VN008

VN009Page1.jpg

VN009

Hats off to Figarti for their Huey model which looks quite nice, though this won't disuade us and we fully plan on producing our own as a Vietnam range just isn't complete without the whirling of rotor blades! And this is the second Chicago show where they've beat us to the punch as I've always wanted to produce the Reichsbahn and they unveiled that one just after we finished our research on it (but thankfully before we started!). That project got immediately shelved as it was quite a risk to begin with.....not so in this case and we press on. :smile2:

We sincerely hope you enjoy the figures!

Best,

Matt

Great looking figures. Hope, as well as obviously a Huey, FL have a M-48 and M-113 ACAV in the pipeline.

Great looking figures....
I think that having two manufacturers producing the same range adds to its popularity. It seems that FL and Figarti's new sculpts are "reasonably" compatible.
If you are a Vietnam "buff" then why not collect them both for more variety and scope.

With all these announcements today, do you think we will get a WWII announcement today?

Good news on the Huey! Please don't make the same mistakes as Figarti by installing half of a wire strike kit (not used in Vietnam) and having oversized rivets.

Not only are these exceptional figures, they are also a well-deserved tribute to the many men and women who fought in that war.

The November issue of Toy Soldier Collector has a series of articles on how the Toy Soldier Industry has covered the Vietnam War over the years, beginning with K & C's long retired range (which was amazingly comprehensive with troops, armoured vehicles a Huey, Col. Kilgore, VC, Civilians and structures) and concluding with the new First Legion range to which it gives a very enthusiastic review (it particularly likes the standing M-60 gunner). The review concludes with the intriguing news that early in 2013 FL will produce PAVN and NLF fgures to provide suitable opposition!

I picked up VN003 yesterday from Sierra Toy Solider in Los Gatos. I bought one in order to take a good, long look at it before deciding to purse more of this run. Well, after studying the figure for over an hour, I will be buying more of this series. This figure is spectacular. I have been waiting many years for Vietnam to be done and First Legion has exceeded my expectations that have built up over those years. I encourage everyone to check these out and purchase them. You will not be disappointed!

The November issue of Toy Soldier Collector has a series of articles on how the Toy Soldier Industry has covered the Vietnam War over the years, beginning with K & C's long retired range (which was amazingly comprehensive with troops, armoured vehicles a Huey, Col. Kilgore, VC, Civilians and structures) and concluding with the new First Legion range to which it gives a very enthusiastic review (it particularly likes the standing M-60 gunner). The review concludes with the intriguing news that early in 2013 FL will produce PAVN and NLF fgures to provide suitable opposition!

Thanks for the scoop {bravo}} That will be GREAT news for collectors of this line . Toy Soldier collector mag is a really nice publication and they have been very good to First Legion from the start . Thanks again for the info regards Gebhard

Gebhard, you are right on, TSC has always had good coverage of First Legion. I always like to check the latest issue of TSC for any tidbits of what is to come and sometimes, you get good info like graycap found. From the sound of it, FL is really set to go with this range.

On the figures themselves, I really like how FL has produced a mix of subdued and full color division patches. It is a small detail, but a cool one to include anyway.

Noah

Gebhard, you are right on, TSC has always had good coverage of First Legion. I always like to check the latest issue of TSC for any tidbits of what is to come and sometimes, you get good info like graycap found. From the sound of it, FL is really set to go with this range.

On the figures themselves, I really like how FL has produced a mix of subdued and full color division patches. It is a small detail, but a cool one to include anyway.

Noah

Noah:

They are really well done. I can't wait to pick up more of them soon. I think the range will be more popular than most expect. Once you see them, they instantly become 'must-haves'.

Noah

Hi Noah ,
I do the same thing my friend , and have learned a lot not to mention First Legion always advertises heavily with TSC Mag and have I have gotten some great insight as to whats coming as Greycap has just shown .. Regards Gebhard

Hi Noah ,
I do the same thing my friend , and have learned a lot not to mention First Legion always advertises heavily with TSC Mag and have I have gotten some great insight as to whats coming as Greycap has just shown .. Regards Gebhard

Noah/Gebhard:

I will have to pick that issue up this weekend at Sierra. I like having the chance to view the advertisements as much as the articles in that particular magazine.

Thanks or the tip!

I picked up VN003 yesterday from Sierra Toy Solider in Los Gatos. I bought one in order to take a good, long look at it before deciding to purse more of this run. Well, after studying the figure for over an hour, I will be buying more of this series. This figure is spectacular. I have been waiting many years for Vietnam to be done and First Legion has exceeded my expectations that have built up over those years. I encourage everyone to check these out and purchase them. You will not be disappointed!
Wow, now that is what I'd call a thorough examination. Any figure that you want after looking at it that long has to be great. I am impressed by your diligence and self restraint.

Wow, now that is what I'd call a thorough examination. Any figure that you want after looking at it that long has to be great. I am impressed by your diligence and self restraint.

Harper:

Thanks for the kind words. I tend to look at most of my items for long periods of time. My wife and the good people at Sierra get a kick out of the things I notice on certain pieces. And you are correct, once you study a piece that long and still want it you know it has to be top notch.

Like many of us, toy soldiers are more than just a hobby, they are also an escape. Studying them down to their most intricate details helps me relax. These Vietnam era soldiers from First Legion are truly ‘detailed’ to precise levels that feed my need for respite from the everyday stresses that come from life itself. And my restraint will once again be tested when I head to Sierra this weekend!

I recieved my first figures from this range on Friday , they are just the buisness and really exceeded my expectations .
I reckon VN02 is my favourite , Roll on the rest of the range .

Attachments

• rob 2 009.jpg
    rob 2 009.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 354
Harper:

Thanks for the kind words. I tend to look at most of my items for long periods of time. My wife and the good people at Sierra get a kick out of the things I notice on certain pieces. And you are correct, once you study a piece that long and still want it you know it has to be top notch.

Like many of us, toy soldiers are more than just a hobby, they are also an escape. Studying them down to their most intricate details helps me relax. These Vietnam era soldiers from First Legion are truly ‘detailed’ to precise levels that feed my need for respite from the everyday stresses that come from life itself. And my restraint will once again be tested when I head to Sierra this weekend!

Well it sounds like a good kind of test to have then; good hunting.

Well it sounds like a good kind of test to have then; good hunting.

The hunt was successful! I picked up VN001 at Sierra and again, studied it for an extended period of time. The detailing is exquisite (of special note is the helmet connected to his belt/backpack) and the pose is amazing. It is so well done that I could almost hear the jungle as I imagined what he might possibly be looking at. I know some have pointed out that FL is more expensive than most other companies, however, buy one of these, take it home, look at it and your sticker-shock will be instantly cleared up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back