Wellingtons Highlanders (1 Viewer)

WOW, this 'wee Gordon' sure looks he's been on a very long campaign in Spain ……

I love that you have him wearing a pair of cotton trousers, and sandals as fitting for the time and place.

What other figures from this regiment are you planning? A set of 'at ease' soldiers would make a great diorama, so I'm looking forward to seeing him painted.

Well Done,

John

WOW, this 'wee Gordon' sure looks he's been on a very long campaign in Spain ……

I love that you have him wearing a pair of cotton trousers, and sandals as fitting for the time and place.

What other figures from this regiment are you planning? A set of 'at ease' soldiers would make a great diorama, so I'm looking forward to seeing him painted.

Well Done,

John

Thanks John. I ve got somewhat of a blank canvas at the moment, I've been working a lot since Christmas and haven't got around to the next figure yet. I stared to plan a 71st highlander on the retreat from Corruna and then changed it to the retreat from Burgos mainly due to the uniform differences then went off the boil with that idea. Then I did all the research with RWF drummer and then lost interest in that.
So I don't know what to do next probably a highlander but not from the 92 maybe 42nd black watch in kilt an all.
When I get s few days off I will decide what to do.

Iwan

well here he is after quite some time a Gordon highland private standing at ease in his brown trousers and leather moccasins standing relaxing.

26a.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

Looks like it's been a dry and dusty campaign on The Peninsular !!!

I love the painting, really brings him to life,

Well done,

John

That's a fantastic figure!

Thank you for the photos,
Joe

Iwan this is probably your best figure out yet, find it brilliant!^&cool:cool:

I am at famous Kulmbach show and I am missing you,{eek3}
This figure would have been one of the highlights of the show :salute::

Best regards
Marcus

Iwan this is probably your best figure out yet, find it brilliant!^&cool:cool:

I am at famous Kulmbach show and I am missing you,{eek3}
This figure would have been one of the highlights of the show :salute::

Hi Marcus
I wish I was there with you. I was just too busy in work to make it over. I hope you had a good time. Next time I will come to see the beautiful kulmbach..

I will see you in December

Regards iwan

Next Kulmbach Show is in August 2021! Please try to attend!
The Show 2019 was really super.

What is the retail and dealer pricing for your highlander please?
You can send me an email if you like

Here is the next soldier in this line a 42nd Blackwatch private. it will be available in around 3 weeks
1a.jpg

2a.jpg
3a.jpg

Attachments

• 4a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 542
I am excited you are doing this, and it might attract me as a customer. My concern is that his skirt is a little revealing.

It seems way too much leg above the knee is being show. Am I wrong about this?

Did they wear them differently than the style for traditional kilts these days recommends?

I would think the kilt should go down to his knees and even cover them a little, even in that spread stance.

Cold Steel Miniatures is a new company set up in the UK importing high quality soldiers from China.

It is not a Russian Manufacture

I am excited you are doing this, and it might attract me as a customer. My concern is that his skirt is a little revealing.

Did they wear them differently than the style for traditional kilts these days recommends?

I would think the kilt should go down to his knees and even cover them a little, even in that spread stance.

In all of the period images/paintings I've seen, the kilt sits slightly above the knee, such as it the case with this figure, his stance may play into it as well, but it looks spot on to me...……………………….

I shall mark you down as a 'maybe' then.

I'm looking forward to see this figure when he's painted, I'm sure he will be another masterpiece, like you others,

John

7.jpg

9.jpg

.Here are a few pics of the painted soldier. A 42nd private of the blackwatch.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 350
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 358
Excellent. I'd be all over this if I collected the era.
Thanks for the photos of a super fine piece.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back