What about Alymer (1 Viewer)

striker27

Private
P2284611.jpg

P2284612.jpg

P2284613.jpg

Another great manufacturer! Does Alymer belong in the Retired Manufacturers, though? I thought they were still in business.

Prost!
Brad

What else did they make??
Anything in a matte finish?
Any Pirates or Barbarians?

Might someone have acquired the molds?

All was for sale-not sure of the status. Wish i Could of got some of it.

do any dealers carry vintage alymer? I was told they had some interesting colonial figures .
were they all glossy? I'm mainly into matte nowadays

alymer had one of the most comprehensive catalogs ever. they just about had it all - ancients through modern - even a 90mm Regan figure among others.

most of the alymer one sees these days on eBay and through other sources is modern made and not very good quality compared to 30 years ago. the original sets? rarely seen. i know they're out there but you just don't see much. once in a while you'll see a set or single figures but not the horse drawn nor elephant sets. a real shame.

Here is one of the better Alymer pieces still in my collection. Mint in Box No. AB-56 The Royal Mounted Artillery Group at the Gallop (Zulu War). I once put it on eBay for $250, but no takers; glad it did not sell. Unfortunately, I sold the Supply Wagon (buyer got it at a great price $145), and the mounted troops.
DSCN0981.JPGDSCN0986.JPG

Hello everybody,

as answer of all previous questions, it´s a pleasure inform you that i´m the new owner from Alymer.

At the begining of 2014, the sons in law of Mr. Angel Comes (ALYMER founder) call me for sale soldiers and militaria for my collection.

After some meetings i decided buy them everithing, the Alymer brand, all the family N.O.S., the factory moulds, the master figures and the family Museum. Some very old moulds was destroyed by them many years ago and the MINIPLOMS moulds was sold to Mr. Alvaro Noguera for his collection.

In spite of, i rescue thousand of pieces, in different scales; H0, 33mm, 1/35, 45 mm, 54 mm, 77 mm, 90 mm and 120 mm.

Since this date, we work hard to build a new factory and removal all things to the new place.

Actually we are starting the factory process, checking alloy and moulds (around 600) to find needings, working in new figures, etc.

I hope in few weecks inform you that our web site is operative and i hope you will enjoy again this fantasctic collection.

Tono Martí

Great news to hear that Alymer ranges are to be available once again - and I hope they will include the excellent "Banners Forward" series, which included Knights and foot soldiers involved in the medieval Battles of Crecy and Poitiers, modelled in true 54mm size. I'm personally hoping too, that at least some of these excellent figures may also be available as unpainted castings - for those of us who would like to paint their own.

Whichever may be the case though, good to see they may become available by mail order once again, quite soon. I'll watch out for more news to come with great pleasure. I'm sure that you will do well with this venture - Thanks Tono . :DJohnnybach

Hi Johnnybach,

Of course "Banners Foward" series will be available, as also cavalry, chariots & bigas, elephants, artillery trains ...

Many thanks by your interest.

Regards,

Tono Martí

pdt. Please, excuse me if i´m wrong in any word, my english is little bit rusty!

Hi Johnnybach,

Of course "Banners Foward" series will be available, as also cavalry, chariots & bigas, elephants, artillery trains ...

Many thanks by your interest.

Regards,

Tono Martí

pdt. Please, excuse me if i´m wrong in any word, my english is little bit rusty!

Wonderful!

Don't worry about not always being word-perfect Tono - you have explained clearly enough that you are bringing back many of the wonderful Alymer
range for collectors - which is the important bit of your message. I'm so pleased that the magnificent "Banners Forward" series is to be included!:salute::

Just one thing, that you didn't make absolutely clear, Tono : Will some of your range be available - NOT Painted - please???????: (My hobby, you see, is painting.) D Johnnybach

Wonderful!

Don't worry about not always being word-perfect Tono - you have explained clearly enough that you are bringing back many of the wonderful Alymer
range for collectors - which is the important bit of your message. I'm so pleased that the magnificent "Banners Forward" series is to be included!:salute::

Just one thing, that you didn't make absolutely clear, Tono : Will some of your range be available - NOT Painted - please???????: (My hobby, you see, is painting.) D Johnnybach

Yes,
some range of 54mm and the 90mm will be available as kit or unpainted sets.

Yes,
some range of 54mm and the 90mm will be available as kit or unpainted sets.

Hi again Tono. Have to agree with the Baron:D - this is great news. Just hope they are the ones I like the best - (which are the medieval types).:D

It's very refreshing for a major producer to offer unpainted sets - as well as painted - so hopefully we will be able to do some business in the future. Thanks again for resurrecting this old name. I'm sure you will do well.

If I CAN get hold of some of the unpainted figures I like - do keep an eye on the Treefrog Forum "Painting" sections for the future - as both I - and others - like painting figures in "real" heraldry. So when we show you what we have done with them - we might even give you and your painters some new ideas too!!

Please advise What your website will be called - and when it will be available - as I'm sure it will be getting a lot of prospective customers looking. I'll certainly be having a look - as soon as it's up and running.

Best of luck - and many thanks, once again - Johnnybach

Hi again Tono. Have to agree with the Baron:D - this is great news. Just hope they are the ones I like the best - (which are the medieval types).:D

It's very refreshing for a major producer to offer unpainted sets - as well as painted - so hopefully we will be able to do some business in the future. Thanks again for resurrecting this old name. I'm sure you will do well.

If I CAN get hold of some of the unpainted figures I like - do keep an eye on the Treefrog Forum "Painting" sections for the future - as both I - and others - like painting figures in "real" heraldry. So when we show you what we have done with them - we might even give you and your painters some new ideas too!!

Please advise What your website will be called - and when it will be available - as I'm sure it will be getting a lot of prospective customers looking. I'll certainly be having a look - as soon as it's up and running.

Best of luck - and many thanks, once again - Johnnybach

Hi all,

Many thanks by your coments, allways wellcome. Be sure i will keep an eye to the painting forum.

For me it´s a great venture, few monthhs ago i was only a collector and now be a manufacturer... it´s a nice history that i will tell you any day.

In relation with your previous questions i allways think offer unpainted and kit models by experience reasons.

The web site is very simply, ALYMER.com

Many thanks again by your best whises

Tono Martí

At the moment, we are casting on fryday to check the molds and alloys,
and on monday we check whats was we do previously, it´s a pleasure show you some pieces in wich we are working today...

AB-41.jpg077.jpg080.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back