What are you Favorite K&C AWI Regiments or Releases? (2 Viewers)

REVWARBUFF do you have any pics of the Colonials? I really like what you shown so far.
Brendan

Brendan--No I do not have any of K&C's Continentals, only their Brits. The only Colonials I have are the 6 militia/minutemen figures they did about 4 years ago.

Hello REVWARBUFF,

Excellent display AND WHAT a fabulous collection of K&C British as well AND nicely displayed. Also really like your JJD Raid on St. Francis collection and other Indians. I am not sure whose they are; (The ones around the campfire?)

So it is pretty evident that you are partial to the British Marching, but I recall some kickbutt displays that you did a while ago with the Britains Farmhouse and such.

<><><><><><>

Brendon, look for my collection of British, French, NY 1st, Militia, Indians, Hessians and more to start to appear shortly.
Larry

Thanks Larry for your compliments. The other Indians you refer to are by Frontline. As for the kickbutt display with the WB farmhouse, that scene wasn't mine. Brendan posted a pic of it and that one is definitely not mine. I wish I could take credit for it though. I thought maybe you were refering to this thread of a Diodrama that I did: http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?31761-The-Foraging-Mission

Mark

Revwarbuff

Thank you for sharing your displays with us. Your collection of Redcoats looks wonderfully impressive and has just reminded me of why I collect AWI {sm2}.

Have you started on K&C's latest marching Welsh fusileers yet ?

Bests
OD

Evening OD,
Yep' the Dragoons are real nice but also real hard to find. I missed on getting all I wanted. (Hummmm :confused: I wonder if REVWARBUFF got them all? {sm4})

I did get a few of the of mounted sets and a couple marching. However, I was able to get a good deal and ended up with "6"sets of Wagons w/ marching Dragoon (BR54). -- Larry

Larry

Same predicament here ... I missed getting all of them Dragoons when they were available. 6 sets of the wagons, you say ... Sure would like to see what you have done with them{sm4}.

Dying to have a peek at your collection.
Also looking forward to K&C's new colonials .. Hope we get some mounted sets.

Bests
OD

Larry

Same predicament here ... I missed getting all of them Dragoons when they were available. 6 sets of the wagons, you say ... Sure would like to see what you have done with them{sm4}.

Dying to have a peek at your collection.
Also looking forward to K&C's new colonials .. Hope we get some mounted sets.

Bests
OD
OD have you heard what the new releases will be? In Australia Andy said they were a priority so I am looking forward to them. Personally I would like some regular line infantry but colonial militia or cavalry might be a nice surprise.
Brendan

I do have a soft spot for the 16th & 17th Light Dragoons that were released, but really wish that there had been more poses available for both.

3 Mounted dragoons is a bit of an odd number and you cannot use multiples of them easily.

I am hoping that some more patriot troops will be released soon, as with the retirement of the Rhode Island Regiment there is nothing available.

That photo of the redcoats with the WB Barn is one of mine, but I have a new set up that I will be posting soon, just need to add a few more scenics and troops to get it where I want it to be! :)

Cornwallis

Your Redcoats dio with the farm sets is one of the best for AWI. Look forward to your latest display.

Brendan

I have no advance info on K&C's forthcoming colonials .. beyond what was reported from the meet down under. Nevertheless I am looking forward to any regulars, militia, artillery or mounted units that may be released.

Bests
OD

Thanks Old Dragon, this is another one I posted around the time of the 'Ambush' one!

cb87f.jpg

Cornwallis

Even more impressive ... thanks for sharing. Between you and Larry Allen, you must have bought up all your dealer's stock of AWI redcoats. I believe both of you are amongst the most dedicated AWI collectors on this here forum.

Bests
OD

Cornwallis

Even more impressive ... thanks for sharing. Between you and Larry Allen, you must have bought up all your dealer's stock of AWI redcoats. I believe both of you are amongst the most dedicated AWI collectors on this here forum.

Bests
OD

Well, maybe at least among the ones who post here. I know of a one person who has a good size collection but (for some reason) keeps it under wraps and hardly ever lets anyone see it. ^&confuse Stil, that is my focus so I can build up my armies while many who collect many lines are a bit more constrained to spread the wealth. -- Larry

Well, maybe at least among the ones who post here. I know of a one person who has a good size collection but (for some reason) keeps it under wraps and hardly ever lets anyone see it. ^&confuse Stil, that is my focus so I can build up my armies while many who collect many lines are a bit more constrained to spread the wealth. -- Larry

Speaking of keeping your collection under wraps, have you ever had a chance to post a few pics of some of your setups? {sm4}

Speaking of keeping your collection under wraps, have you ever had a chance to post a few pics of some of your setups? {sm4}

Gee, I know, I keep "talking the talk" and flapping my lips on my AWI collection and not "walked the walk" yet. {sm2}

However, after years of building I now have my private "man-cave" ready to go. I converted an attic space into a 67' X 42' finish, insulated room and now can take them out of the small cabinets that I rotate them each month.

I "PROMISE" that you will begin to see the collection before the end of this month or .... "You can call me Meier!" (To steal a phrase from Herman G.)

-- Larry

Gee, I know, I keep "talking the talk" and flapping my lips on my AWI collection and not "walked the walk" yet. {sm2}

However, after years of building I now have my private "man-cave" ready to go. I converted an attic space into a 67' X 42' finish, insulated room and now can take them out of the small cabinets that I rotate them each month.

I "PROMISE" that you will begin to see the collection before the end of this month or .... "You can call me Meier!" (To steal a phrase from Herman G.)

-- Larry

67' x 42' that must be one HUGE AWI display. Can't wait to see the pics for it!
Brendan

Does anyone know the going rate on a BR54? I don't think I've seen one on ebay.

Afternoon HistoryFan;

I was very fortunate to get most of mine at first release and then found a person that wanted to sell them quickly so he offered them to me at a very good price. I keep track of AWI prices on eBay (and other locations) and here is what the last few have gone for, round up to the nearest dollar. I don't know if I have them all but I did catch most ....

For the last few years [$105 / $120 / $117 / $122 / $115 / $151 / $151 / $140 / $160 / $75 (broken wheel) / $156 / $165 / $172 / $158 / $219 (silly bidding war) / $172 ]

There are two vendors on eBay that seem to have an abundance of sought after items, but the prices are beyond my comfort level (and wallet) so I do not count those as they don't sell and one prohibitive shipping costs to the US.
Good Luck --- Larry

Does anyone know the going rate on a BR54? I don't think I've seen one on ebay.

As an after thought .... CHICAGO is coming real soon up so if you know of someone who is going I would bet ya' there will be one there that they could discover and put the seller in touch with you.

Larry

30 days and counting then Larry, REALLY looking forward to catching a glimpse of what sounds like an a m a z i n g collection! :salute::

Another dispatches comes and goes without anything for our small AWI band of brothers! :(

I am loving all this AWI talk and especially on the K&C portion of the forum no less! We're right here in the heart of WW2 country and we have a pretty decent thread going.

I can't wait to see what Andy has in store for us AWI collectors with his supposed forth coming Continentals. I hope we hear something soon--maybe from the Chicago show?? I was disappointed that this month's dispatches had nothing AWI.

Larry, I can't wait to see your collection. It sounds great and I look forward to your future pictures.

Cornwalis--your dio's are spectacular!! Thanks for sharing them with us. Once you get those missing pieces, please post more pics of your diorama!

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back