What new range would you like CS to make? What would be on your CS wish list? (3 Viewers)

jkstew11

Private 2
I'll start this new thread by posting my wish -- FIW range: Woodland Indians, Provincials, French Marines. I know...JJD, Frontline, etc. have done this range, but there are bunch of different mftrs that do WWII, ACW as well. Anyway, I think CS would do excellent woodland indians. When I saw their Celts with body paint, I knew they could do the painted, tatooed WIs.
--Joel

I'll start this new thread by posting my wish -- FIW range: Woodland Indians, Provincials, French Marines. I know...JJD, Frontline, etc. have done this range, but there are bunch of different mftrs that do WWII, ACW as well. Anyway, I think CS would do excellent woodland indians. When I saw their Celts with body paint, I knew they could do the painted, tatooed WIs.
--Joel

Modern stuff.
Merkeva
Abrams
Fuchs
Challenger

Skorpian
Bradley
Marder

HEMMT
Faun
HMMWV

Long Tom - Vietnam
M109 Paliden

I would like to see them make planes like He 162, Do355,Me 163,A British Comet tank would be nice but Brain does not do British:wink2:

Anything WW2-GERMAN.
It obviously out sells anything else.......................^&grin

--Joel

I agree 1000%^&grin
Mark

CS has great animation too.Been wanting FIW from CS for years.
Mark

Modern stuff.
Merkeva
Abrams
Fuchs
Challenger

Skorpian
Bradley
Marder

HEMMT
Faun
HMMWV

Long Tom - Vietnam
M109 Paliden

I like the way you think sir!!

He did modern figures a couple years back, a little large but really nice. I am happy right now collecting his Romans.

Since I have halted purchase of WW2 items (yes, even Tiger tanks), I would love to see WW1, especially French anything, early, middle, or late war. I think the dramatic CS style would fit WW1 like a glove. The early war uniforms and the later war grit would be right up the CS alley. Infantry, artillery, and cavalry would all be perfect subjects for the CS treatment. -- Al

--Joel

Apart from more Napoleonic French infantry in greatcoats and Red Lancers I would like to see some Brunswickers defending a square and British Hussars in bearskin headdress charging.^&cool

A new line (for CS that is) which would part me from even more of my hard earned money would be the Crimean war.
I can imagine what CS could do with the dramatic charge of the Light Brigade{sm3}

But what I would really like to see from all manufacturers is French and British Napoleonic support wagons carrying provisions, ammunition, barrels, wives:), the wounded and dying:(....anything; ^&grin

Paul

I would like to see CS move into the age of the Samurai
Mitch

I'd take more armor... M10, M18, M24, M36, Pershing, Comet, Churchill and even Russian tanks.

I would like to see CS move into the age of the Samurai
Mitch
OOOOOO, that might be difficult. Hope they defer to business over cultural loyalties on this one. There is already the Hong Kong series though. FL has the Samurai series.

Not quite sure I follow you on the cultural and business loyalties bit??. I think a samurai series would be superb and, if the Hong Kong series you mention is K&C then it would be totally different to that and, just because FL does a range does not preclude another from doing it. Look at the Romans as one example where everyone is nearly producing or has produced Romans

I would think CS with the design technology they currently use (look at the LAH releases) could do this range very well and, at a superb price point for the collector. FL indeed do nice figures but, the only one for me, that was absolutely outstanding was the archer and, that was £75!!! beyond what a lot would pay
Mitch

OOOOOO, that might be difficult. Hope they defer to business over cultural loyalties on this one. There is already the Hong Kong series though. FL has the Samurai series.

Not quite sure I follow you on the cultural and business loyalties bit??. I think a samurai series would be superb and, if the Hong Kong series you mention is K&C then it would be totally different to that and, just because FL does a range does not preclude another from doing it. Look at the Romans as one example where everyone is nearly producing or has produced Romans

I would think CS with the design technology they currently use (look at the LAH releases) could do this range very well and, at a superb price point for the collector. FL indeed do nice figures but, the only one for me, that was absolutely outstanding was the archer and, that was £75!!! beyond what a lot would pay
Mitch

Cultural differences, Chinese and Japanese have been known not to get along well. Business - profits made with new series line. FL is expensive, prohibitaly for most. I just bought two Samurai figures from them (FL). Never said another line from other agencies could not be manufactured. I was explicitly mentioning FL for the Samurai (very detaild from pictures), and Hong Kong from K&C for the Chinese figures. Yes I do believe CS could make a great series with Samurai motif, but will it be a good risk to cost ratio?

Still not sure why you mention cultural differences?? Yes, historically the japanese and chinese have not got on but, I don't really know what you are getting at here?? All I can think is that you mean the chinese may not like making figures of the japanese!!!

As for risk to cost ratio I would imagine that everything is viewed in those terms when a manufacturer thinks about doing a range. We have had this type of calculation from K&C about russians and, I am sure that it would equally apply to a manufacturer looking at some of yours and Chris's ideas about modern warfare sets

From what I have heard the FL samurai is a good seller probably not on lines with WWII or Naps but, then how many ranges do really compare with the sales of these areas?
Mitch

Cultural differences, Chinese and Japanese have been known not to get along well. Business - profits made with new series line. FL is expensive, prohibitaly for most. I just bought two Samurai figures from them (FL). Never said another line from other agencies could not be manufactured. I was explicitly mentioning FL for the Samurai (very detaild from pictures), and Hong Kong from K&C for the Chinese figures. Yes I do believe CS could make a great series with Samurai motif, but will it be a good risk to cost ratio?

Still not sure why you mention cultural differences?? Yes, historically the japanese and chinese have not got on but, I don't really know what you are getting at here?? All I can think is that you mean the chinese may not like making figures of the japanese!!!

As for risk to cost ratio I would imagine that everything is viewed in those terms when a manufacturer thinks about doing a range. We have had this type of calculation from K&C about russians and, I am sure that it would equally apply to a manufacturer looking at some of yours and Chris's ideas about modern warfare sets

From what I have heard the FL samurai is a good seller probably not on lines with WWII or Naps but, then how many ranges do really compare with the sales of these areas?
Mitch

Spot on with my assumptions. I don't think there will too much that will beat out WW2 lines. Too much neat stuff.

I thought FL had their stock made in China?? I would not expect young chinese workers in a factory to be thinking I will sabotage that figure as its japanese because of ancestoral disagreements!!! Do you?? If thats the case then how were the figures made for K&C's Iwo Jima range and, all the figarti stuff done including new stuff. I can now see lots of little plots going on in toy soldier factories in china to put the wrong gun or bow and arrow on japanese figures to make them a poor seller LOL. Maybe, thats why the russians did not sell!! the wars between them and the chinese!!!!!

I would still hope something like the samurai can be looked at by other manufacturers as its such an interesting topic
Mitch

Strange
Spot on with my assumptions. I don't think there will too much that will beat out WW2 lines. Too much neat stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back