What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (2 Viewers)

Just arrived today, mostly to populate my Victorian London project.

Jack The Ripper, John Watson, Sherlock Holmes and Bill Sykes (all K&C)
k%2526c2.jpg

Chinese mandarin seller (K&C), George Custer (K&C) and a Thomas Gunn Arab. Exotic travelers?
k%2526c3.jpg

Hi All,
Fresh from the troop ship coming from down under the latest Jock Battalion has arrived, this time with the HQs officers.:salute:::salute::
Along the marching contingent and officers, Obee also sent me a squad ready to repell an assault to the square section allotted to the Scot´s to hold while their Sgt has some time to enjoy his pipe....
This Stadden Scottish Regiment now taking form has grown substantially these months thanks to Obee´s great expertise and dedication{sm4}{sm4}...Without Obee, these over 30 years old sets would be sitting lost at the Virginian fair from which they were rescued and given new life in the New World.....{sm4}{sm4}..
Pitty I do not have pics of what these sets looked like when I bought them...with no lick of paint and just a grey prime over them all...no wonders they were hard to spot....But a keen eye always has a chance to scoop a treasure trove.
Of all these sets, considering that the whole contingent of around 84 soldiers between officers and rank and file....Obee is gradually painting them and 35 are now ready... and as he goes along some rank and file is given a promotion to Sgt and Corporals so as to develop a real sense of working Battalion...Other than the great luck of literally tripping over the box they were in at the fair, what is more remarkable ( on top of Stadden Scots are rare to find ) were the set of officers...one even with a Glenmore broad sword drawn out ready to slash in half a Fuzzy Wizzy that by fate crossed his path...
To be fair there are two Tradition From London in the group, just to show how these two brands complemented each other, they blend very well indeed...
More to come.....And looking forward to taking pics of the whole Battalion together in field maneuvers soon....
Cheers
Artillery_Crazy

Attachments

• IMG_7054.JPG
    IMG_7054.JPG
    279.3 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_7053.JPG
    IMG_7053.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 471
  • 8 more.jpg
    8 more.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 473
Hi All,
Fresh from the troop ship coming from down under the latest Jock Battalion has arrived, this time with the HQs officers.:salute:::salute::
Along the marching contingent and officers, Obee also sent me a squad ready to repell an assault to the square section allotted to the Scot´s to hold while their Sgt has some time to enjoy his pipe....
This Stadden Scottish Regiment now taking form has grown substantially these months thanks to Obee´s great expertise and dedication{sm4}{sm4}...Without Obee, these over 30 years old sets would be sitting lost at the Virginian fair from which they were rescued and given new life in the New World.....{sm4}{sm4}..
Pitty I do not have pics of what these sets looked like when I bought them...with no lick of paint and just a grey prime over them all...no wonders they were hard to spot....But a keen eye always has a chance to scoop a treasure trove.
Of all these sets, considering that the whole contingent of around 84 soldiers between officers and rank and file....Obee is gradually painting them and 35 are now ready... and as he goes along some rank and file is given a promotion to Sgt and Corporals so as to develop a real sense of working Battalion...Other than the great luck of literally tripping over the box they were in at the fair, what is more remarkable ( on top of Stadden Scots are rare to find ) were the set of officers...one even with a Glenmore broad sword drawn out ready to slash in half a Fuzzy Wizzy that by fate crossed his path...
To be fair there are two Tradition From London in the group, just to show how these two brands complemented each other, they blend very well indeed...
More to come.....And looking forward to taking pics of the whole Battalion together in field maneuvers soon....
Cheers
Artillery_Crazy
Artillery Crazy, That is quite a nice lot of inbound troops that you have ! Enjoy

Wayne

I added a few new sets to my collection this week. The first one is a set of Royal Artillery gunners, circa 1867 to be added to my Fort Henry Guard collection. These figures were casted and painted by Alan Goodwin, owner of Good Soldiers, formerly known as Wolfe Toy Soldiers, and were bought with the assistance of another forum member, Sgtminiman. I also added a few figures (EA 094 "Aussie Vickers Gunner" and EA103 "Sikh Mortar Team") and a tank (EA043 "The M3 Grant Cruiser Tank") to my Eighth Army collection.

Cheers,

Brendan

View attachment 218769

EA043(S).jpg EA094(S)_432_324.jpg EA103(S)_432_324.jpg

Straight from Hong Kong, 5 excellent John Jenkins Designs figures, including the retires Gordon Highlander Officer:
JJD.jpg

And since I had them out, here is a size comparison with a similar K&C figure:
JJD-K%2526C.jpg

Hanging on wich tree ? The JJtree ? The KCtree or .... ? :)

My very first TG figures from their WW2 SS range and a K&C Collectors Club Crimean Russian I'd never seen before.

Very happy with these and stunning prices considering bought in London.

My purchases this month have been some more K&C 7th Hussars, seen here posed on a new MiniArt diorama piece that I recently assembled and painted.

hu1.jpg

John

Bessieres, Who makes that T-34 Tank ?

Wayne

Hi Wayne, Sorry for not answering sooner.. just noticed your post :redface2:

I bought the T-34 on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-30-T34-main-battle-tank-34cm-12-5cm-22cm-Includes-barrel-and-antenna/161833300223?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Turns out it is NOT 1/30! More like 1/24 :(

It's quite a nice piece however and I will definitely keep it. I intend to weather it a bit and put Russian 1945 Berlin markings on it..

Model Tanks T-34 Chinese.jpg

By the way, I did get a Commander!

K&C Russian TC.jpg

I bought the T-34 on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-30-T34-main-battle-tank-34cm-12-5cm-22cm-Includes-barrel-and-antenna/161833300223?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It's quite a nice piece however and I will definitely keep it. I intend to weather it a bit and put Russian 1945 Berlin markings on it..

View attachment 219567

View attachment 219568

Bessieres, Nice looking Metal T-34. Thanks for your reply !

Wayne

View attachment 219567

View attachment 219568

The T34 looks good. Is it made of metal or plastic ?

It was a gift from my new friend, and absolute gentleman Mark Keighley, rather than a purchase, but here is my newest Heco Tinplate Model, a Steam Traction Engine:

Attachments

• 9FE64226-68FA-41F1-B885-DB1835E65D28.jpeg
    9FE64226-68FA-41F1-B885-DB1835E65D28.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 315
  • 72D6DED9-B4DD-4E57-B07C-93561A4D1E88.jpeg
    72D6DED9-B4DD-4E57-B07C-93561A4D1E88.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 311

Users who are viewing this thread

Back