What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (3 Viewers)

They all are sold as castings by John Eden of John Eden Studios so check his website for details.

http://www.johnedenstudios.com/

Many of the castings re also sold on his eBay website, so keep a lookout there because much of what he sells on eBay isn't on his website catalogue, best idea is email him.

For example the Celtic Chariot is ROSE Miniatures, which is on his site, as are some of the Sanderson figures from the 1001 nights, but the medieval gun isn't there.

John

Many thanks John !

Nice pick up's Sam and where have you been mate???? You have been quiet as a mouse!!!

Tom

Nice pick up's Sam and where have you been mate???? You have been quiet as a mouse!!!

Tom

Thomas!!!! Had some personal issues over the last few months as well as sorting out the direction of my collecting habits, with prices steadily climbing I'm buying less but enjoying this hobby more, looking forward to the JJD Stug and some First Legion WWII winter Germans.

This afternoon, First Legion’s TYW010 arrived, the last mounted Polish Winged Hussar to complete the entire release for me :smile2:
Very happy to have all 9 figures now.
Also, I had a look today at the First Legion website and the TYW010 was not listed no more.
Another reason to be happy having it secured :wink2:
What a great start to a weekend ^&grin

Konrad

Attachments

• 4E7EC908-6F8C-4F30-83AA-839356AF1938.jpeg
    4E7EC908-6F8C-4F30-83AA-839356AF1938.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 372
  • AABF502C-5739-4852-8D9E-5CDC52AACE54.jpeg
    AABF502C-5739-4852-8D9E-5CDC52AACE54.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 370
New Goodies arrived from Russian and Obee!

Reclining Pacha

very few are Sanderson Products, some like the pacha on sofa is a transformation of the Sanderson

Here made for Monarch
W-1981-n°-33----514.jpg

Monarch Harem 19 pièces.jpg

And later for Tomker Model
Webb red-DSC01071.jpg

Just acquired these figures and all look superb. Sapper.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

List of the " Trafalgar " serie by Corgi

CGCC59148 Ships Surgeon - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59156 RN Rating Signaller with flags - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59165 Royal Marine Sharpshooter - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59166 England Expects' - The Fall of Nelson - Battle of Trafalgar - Medal Included
CGCC59174 RN Rating Killing French Sailor - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59175 RN Ratings Boarding Party - Battle of Trafalgar - Medal Included
CGCC59186 Captain Hardy - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59187 RN Carronade and Crew - Battle of Trafalgar - Medal Included
CGCC59406 Royal Marines Officer - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59418 RN Coxswain at the Wheel - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59422 French Officer - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59435 2 RN Ratings, 1 in Crows Nest - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59439 French Rating - Battle of Trafalgar

List of the " Trafalgar " serie by Corgi

CGCC59148 Ships Surgeon - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59156 RN Rating Signaller with flags - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59165 Royal Marine Sharpshooter - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59166 England Expects' - The Fall of Nelson - Battle of Trafalgar - Medal Included
CGCC59174 RN Rating Killing French Sailor - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59175 RN Ratings Boarding Party - Battle of Trafalgar - Medal Included
CGCC59186 Captain Hardy - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59187 RN Carronade and Crew - Battle of Trafalgar - Medal Included
CGCC59406 Royal Marines Officer - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59418 RN Coxswain at the Wheel - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59422 French Officer - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59435 2 RN Ratings, 1 in Crows Nest - Battle of Trafalgar
CGCC59439 French Rating - Battle of Trafalgar

Hi Mirof,

There are some great figures/sets here. It is a great pity that the last six items were never issued!! [This was the same with the other ranges Corgi produced under the "Forward March" label.]

It took me some tome. but I eventually got all the ones issued, in every range.

Happy Collecting,

Oberstinhaber

Hi Mirof,

There are some great figures/sets here. It is a great pity that the last six items were never issued!! [This was the same with the other ranges Corgi produced under the "Forward March" label.]

It took me some tome. but I eventually got all the ones issued, in every range.

Happy Collecting,

Oberstinhaber

Thanks foor the info
It seems that they also had a range ACW in 1/32, and a range in 1/50 ( in boxes of 6 pièces )
Do you have any infos ?

Best

Thanks foor the info
It seems that they also had a range ACW in 1/32, and a range in 1/50 ( in boxes of 6 pièces )
Do you have any infos ?

Best

Hi Mirof,

No, the 1/32 ACW was NOT a Corgi range! Nor were the Knights. Made by another company whose name was "Forward March" I don't exactly know what happened to them, but they are no longer around.

The 1/50 WWII WAS a Corgi range, and very good they are too. Don't come up too often on ebay, and when they do, they are not cheap!

There were to be 8 themes in the Forward March series:

Trafalgar
Battle of the Somme
Battle of El Alamein
Desert Storm,
Civilians at War
Great Leaders
Heroes
Special Forces.

The idea was to have 12+/- "items" in each theme; I say "items" as some were quite large dioramas/vignettes.

I have the "brochure" on each theme, but my computer is not letting me in to resize them for posting here.

Some of the figures and dios were absolutely First Class, others not so.

As I said in my first post, no theme was completed. I suspect that they were considered to be too expensive at the time of issue, which made for poor sales, and Corgi pulled the pin.

In my opinion, the 2 sets you have posted are not the best from the Trafalgar series. The "Death of Nelson" vignette is very good, Nelson, Hardy and the Royal Marine are good; the Signalman and Ships Surgeon are excellent. That is all that were produced. Great pity! I would have loved to have the Corranade Crew and the sailor in the crows nest! Similar story with the other series.

There are always Corgi Forward March figures on eBay, but some of the sellers want a fortune for them!!

Happy Collecting,

Oberstinhaber

Hi Mirof,

No, the 1/32 ACW was NOT a Corgi range! Nor were the Knights. Made by another company whose name was "Forward March" I don't exactly know what happened to them, but they are no longer around.

The 1/50 WWII WAS a Corgi range, and very good they are too. Don't come up too often on ebay, and when they do, they are not cheap!

There were to be 8 themes in the Forward March series:

Trafalgar
Battle of the Somme
Battle of El Alamein
Desert Storm,
Civilians at War
Great Leaders
Heroes
Special Forces.

The idea was to have 12+/- "items" in each theme; I say "items" as some were quite large dioramas/vignettes.

I have the "brochure" on each theme, but my computer is not letting me in to resize them for posting here.

Some of the figures and dios were absolutely First Class, others not so.

As I said in my first post, no theme was completed. I suspect that they were considered to be too expensive at the time of issue, which made for poor sales, and Corgi pulled the pin.

In my opinion, the 2 sets you have posted are not the best from the Trafalgar series. The "Death of Nelson" vignette is very good, Nelson, Hardy and the Royal Marine are good; the Signalman and Ships Surgeon are excellent. That is all that were produced. Great pity! I would have loved to have the Corranade Crew and the sailor in the crows nest! Similar story with the other series.

There are always Corgi Forward March figures on eBay, but some of the sellers want a fortune for them!!

Happy Collecting,

Oberstinhaber

Thanks again for you help
You can find a list in XLS file I made for Corgi at : https://www.mirofsoft.com/toy-soldier/

About size of your pictures, the simplest way to reduce them if you have a PC is to reduce them using the tool " Paint"
freely supplied with all computers
Open it, go to open and select the picture
then click,on new size, choose pixels or % enter new value in horizontal or vertical, safe as new picture adding eventualy a R at the beginnning of the name, R is for resized
Or if you wish I can add them on my webb ( with credit ) for all to see
I collect all infos, old catalogues, to share with all, freely; no money involved, no sponsor
my mail adress is rhododendron@hotmail.be

Best
Michel

Here are six "Skinner's Horse" figures - in approximately 45mm scale - which is roughly the same size as the old Britains "B" range. They have been modelled to look closely like that old range - first produced over 100 years ago - although the Indian troops of Skinner's horse, were never produced by Britains in this range.

They were modelled and cast by "Sandringham39" (Andrew), - who is a (Treefrogger) - for me, and supplied as castings. I have just completed painting them (last night), so I think they qualify under the two week ownership criteria!:D I put each on a base of my own fabrication - as I usually do before painting.

Here's a few pics attached. jb

PIC_4949.JPGPIC_4950.JPGPIC_4951.JPGPIC_4952.JPG

I just received Conte's two large Zulu Playsets.
The buildings are huge and detailed structures.
We look forward to setting them up with our other Zulu figures and accessories.

The only problem is putting them back into the boxes.

I just received Conte's two large Zulu Playsets.
The buildings are huge and detailed structures.
We look forward to setting them up with our other Zulu figures and accessories.

The only problem is putting them back into the boxes.

Hopefully you will post some photos before you put them back to bed. Robin.

Hopefully you will post some photos before you put them back to bed. Robin.

Mr Horse
I will post some pictures.
However, my current project is converting and painting TSSD Vietnam Marines.
I have put pictures on FB Army Men page.
Resizing is giving me resistance on my machine.

After that, I have Conte Viking Stamford bridge conversions to photo for FB.

FB does not require resizing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back