What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (5 Viewers)

Ok, finally getting round to it, here are 7 of 8 Andrea Pirate Kits I had done in Russia, enjoy!

Tom

Last 3 Andrea Pirates ( I swear they look better in person, photographing is not my best skill)

As an aside, I asked that they be painted to match the Andrea box art so they are limited to that degree. My painter I think wanted to embellish more but I thought this was good enough!

Tom,

Those pirates are amazing! I think you can get one a job selling spiced rum, Captain! Captain! Captain? Captain, Captain, Captain . . . {sm4}

Tom,

Those pirates are amazing! I think you can get one a job selling spiced rum, Captain! Captain! Captain? Captain, Captain, Captain . . . {sm4}

Thanks Louis, they really look better in person. I am having the rest done in about 2 months. My painter I think is irritated b/c I asked that he paint them based on the Andrea box art they come in!!! He is more talented and and wanted to add stuff, but I had to put a halt, the pocketbook can only take so much!!!

Tom

The pirates look great! I know you’ve been waiting a while to get them done. Worth the wait!

I just ordered some of the new Saratoga figures from John Jenkins. It’s been a while since I ordered because I am keeping my collection limited the colonial America.

Got these 28mm painted and recieved yesterday.French Marines,Senegalese Tirailluer,and Custer in ACW.
Mark

JL1.jpg JL2.jpg

JL4.jpgJL5.jpgJL9.jpg

US Cavalry in 28mm and an explorer getting ready for dinner^&grin.
Mark

JL14.jpgJL15.jpgJL11.jpg

Very nice ! Who sells these and What website are these available from please ?
Cheers

They all are sold as castings by John Eden of John Eden Studios so check his website for details.

http://www.johnedenstudios.com/

Many of the castings re also sold on his eBay website, so keep a lookout there because much of what he sells on eBay isn't on his website catalogue, best idea is email him.

For example the Celtic Chariot is ROSE Miniatures, which is on his site, as are some of the Sanderson figures from the 1001 nights, but the medieval gun isn't there.

John

I received this Special Event Figure K&C VN031 Australian Patrol Leader - Vietnam at the recent Meet 'N' Greet Dinner with Andy Neilson in Melbourne.

VN031.jpg

Nice figure and SO realistic!

John

Red Tinplate Monster to Halberstadt CLII - Part 2

In posts 897 and 898 I related that I had been foolish enough to purchase two red tinplate biplanes with a view to converting /rebuilding them as Halberstadt biplanes to fit in with my HECO collection of planes flown by Saxon aces during WWI. The reason behind the madness being that fom the conversations I was lucky enough to have with Tony Williams (HECO) I do not believe he ever made a Halberstadt.

I have finally finished the second of these as a CLII from Schlasta 15 in the conjectural markings of Huffzky and Ehmann. The Schlasta operated six of these numbered 1 to 6 and through deduction I believe that the plane flown by the leading 2 seat aces was '3'. To say the least the painting was a labour of love as I hand painted the lozenge camouflage using enamel gloss as I do with all my planes to keep the toy style appeal of the original HECO models. Unfortunately, whilst Huffzky was a Saxon his colleague Ehmann was from Würtemburg so in order to keep the Saxon theme I have replaced him with another Gunner ace Oswald Tränkner a probable Saxon with 5 victories in Schlasta 16.

DSCF0271.jpg DSCF0272.jpg DSCF0268.jpg

Oswald Tränkner is the one with the mustache and for comparison I have included a picture of both Halberstadts along with a HECO Albatros DV all three were about 24ft long with slightly differing wing spans.

Red Tinplate Monster to Halberstadt CLII - Part 2

Sorry I should have said the previous posts were 3097 and 3098.

My new additions to the collection have just arrived today from down under fresh from Obee´s work bench...as usual these are not standard sets...They come about after lengthy e-mail chats and then we decide what to do....And that is all through the web...God forbid if we did not have it, and had to relay on letters....{sm4}{sm4}{sm4}
The sets are a heavy machinegun detachment in the Middle East supported by some infantry ( RIFs ) and Scots....:salute:::salute:: later on I will have the full batallion out with some artillery support.....and take some pics ...
Cheers
A_C

Attachments

• IMG_8182.JPG
    IMG_8182.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_8181.JPG
    IMG_8181.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 375
  • 3bwfire.jpg
    3bwfire.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 379
  • 16 rifles.jpg
    16 rifles.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Along with the WP smoking group just these three this time.

Attachments

• IMG_2277.JPG
    IMG_2277.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 318
Serie 77, lead, size ... 77mm

Company founded by Pat Bird and John Tassel ( Lasset ) who both were working for Tradition
The first pieces are deliverd painted . Tassel left Serie 77 and the pieces were delivered assembled and coated to preserve against corrosion, mounted on a thin base
Later, Pat Bird will move to the US and pieces will be delivered in kit form with very thick bases

Here painted in a very basic way, painter : unknown
Stage 16, India 1883- 1913, code 16/5, Officer British Hussars

wr-DSC_0777.jpg wr-DSC_0778.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back