What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (4 Viewers)

I’ve had quite a haul the past couple of weeks, mostly K&C:

K&C Uboat Type XXVII Seehund
K&C Kriegsmarine SdkFz. 7 Recovery Vehicle
K&C British Comet tank
K&C British Battle of the Bulge troops
K&C British D-Day troops
K&C T17E Staghound armored car
K&C Daimler Mk II armored car
K&C Saving Private Ryan figure sets

Time to let my wallet take a break for a while!

The USS Yorktown, 1:350 from SD Model Makers. Shown in pre-1941 configuration. More pics on my collections thread. Chris

York1.jpeg
York5.jpeg

JJD Ancients.......can't get enough of these guys. - Great figures.

Attachments

• IMG_0142 (2).JPG
    IMG_0142 (2).JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 489
I picked up an eclectic bunch of figures this week. From William Britains, I added the USMC Drummer to my War of 1812 collection and the figure of LGen Sir Arthur Currie to my First World War collection. I also added a figure of Canadian fighter ace Raymond Collishaw and a 60-pounder gun with crew from JJD to my Great War collection. I also have the 6" howitzer, and the two guns look terrific displayed beside each other.

Brendan

10073LR_152C7CAAA8820.jpgbritains_1812_usmc drummer_wb13032.jpgGWB40PICHERO.jpgjjd_wwi raymond collishaw_jjd-ace30p.jpg

Just received my Currie figure. I love it.
Really captured his likeness.
Congrats to OMSS for commissioning this figure.
Kirk

I picked up an eclectic bunch of figures this week. From William Britains, I added the USMC Drummer to my War of 1812 collection and the figure of LGen Sir Arthur Currie to my First World War collection. I also added a figure of Canadian fighter ace Raymond Collishaw and a 60-pounder gun with crew from JJD to my Great War collection. I also have the 6" howitzer, and the two guns look terrific displayed beside each other.

Brendan

View attachment 249160View attachment 249161View attachment 249162View attachment 249163

Apollo rocket 1/144 and Command Service Module in 1/32 both by Revell.
Just in time for 50 years Anniversary of the Apollo.

AYiWLlY.jpg

xxysYHc.jpg

VUkjMi9.jpg

WUWKv9c.jpg

WgYIpBV.jpg

Thanks to Mike Tarantino, I have now added these Frontline Figures to my collection.
I've been looking for them for the last couple of years

100_2864.JPG

Apollo rocket 1/144 and Command Service Module in 1/32 both by Revell.
Just in time for 50 years Anniversary of the Apollo.

AYiWLlY.jpg

xxysYHc.jpg

VUkjMi9.jpg

WUWKv9c.jpg

WgYIpBV.jpg

I saw your pics on the SSHQ forum, cnq, and you did a fantastic job on that 1/32 scale Apollo CSM model... It looks perfect!

Thank you tman.

Wayne,
The pilots are made by DID ( Dragon In Dreams). I got them from ebay.

Below is the Revell 1/8 astronaut I finished few days ago

GxVviWm.jpg

3cCxZ6s.jpg

lR3MzWi.jpg

Sadly I don't know how to add pictures for you but...

-two new Yeoman Warders
-Marine Band (one officer with a sword, two riflemen with sergeant's stripes, one bandmaster and some trumpeters who are also beating snare drums)
-some artillery crew members
-a cannon of a 1940s type
-A Confederate ACW Cavalry officer

A couple of months back a local collector brought a box of 30+ Stadden unpainted castings along to out local 'Toy Soldier Gathering with the prospect of selling them.

I had a quick look at some he unwrapped, and was amazed at this find. He's collected them over the past 20 years with the prospect of painting them for his collection, but now isn't able to do that, so decided to quite them. As I was the only person interested, I offered to have a private viewing, and then selected 11 figures that took my fancy. There were all French Napoleonic era figures that I didn't have in these poses or uniforms, or which were unusual poses.

This is the result of my paintwork since then........

6stads.jpg5stadcavs.jpg

Maybe I'll do another inspection of his troops and see what he has left ????

John

I have picked up a couple of Trophy WWI Dardenelles Aussie Sets, a Trophy Staff Car (the Maharaja of Bikaner's Staff Car) an Honour Bound WWII German set, and just made a deal for this Heco 1:32 scale Tinplate Junkers JU52 (in different markings from my first Heco JU52):

Attachments

• Heco Junkers JU52 Silver markings 2.jpeg
    Heco Junkers JU52 Silver markings 2.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 371
  • 8EFD4C38-9D8A-4F29-82BE-1BAFA28E8A6C.jpeg
    8EFD4C38-9D8A-4F29-82BE-1BAFA28E8A6C.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 346
  • F48F0726-4F63-4270-8C92-CBCA4D0B3391.jpeg
    F48F0726-4F63-4270-8C92-CBCA4D0B3391.jpeg
    689.3 KB · Views: 344
  • BF4571A3-2F8A-4311-8FDA-A7B7F43E6F3F.jpeg
    BF4571A3-2F8A-4311-8FDA-A7B7F43E6F3F.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 334
  • 0DD7C058-D69B-4723-99C8-BA21BA164C39.jpeg
    0DD7C058-D69B-4723-99C8-BA21BA164C39.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 333
Re: Tinplate Roland DIIa Pt 1

A few months ago I surprisingly purchased one of these
s-l1600a.jpg
with the intension of combining it with one of these
s-l1600a.jpg
to hopefully create one of these for my tinplate WWI Saxon aces collection
s-l1600c.jpg.

This is the result after many tribulations. The Roland DIIa with the Coat of Arms of Halle on der Salle which could well have been the mount of the Saxon Ace Otto Creutzmann who was from the town and flew the type whilst with Kest 4.

Attachments

• DSCF0314.jpg
    DSCF0314.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 361
  • DSCF0315.jpg
    DSCF0315.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
Re: Tinplate Roland DIIa Pt 1

A few months ago I surprisingly purchased one of these
View attachment 250024
with the intension of combining it with one of these
View attachment 250022
to hopefully create one of these for my tinplate WWI Saxon aces collection
View attachment 250023.

This is the result after many tribulations. The Roland DIIa with the Coat of Arms of Halle on der Salle which could well have been the mount of the Saxon Ace Otto Creutzmann who was from the town and flew the type whilst with Kest 4.

Tremendous job, my friend!!😎😎😎😎😎👍👍

Thanks Louis for the vote of confidence but looking at those JU 52s makes me realise just how talented Tony Williams really was ! Having finished the three difficult projects I can now turn to the relatively straight forward task of painting the HECO Albatros I recently purchased from Egonzinc to add to the collection.

Hi John,
Upon your next inspection if you spot any Northwestern, Sudan or Boer troops...drop me a note....:salute::
Cheers
Luiz

A couple of months back a local collector brought a box of 30+ Stadden unpainted castings along to out local 'Toy Soldier Gathering with the prospect of selling them.

I had a quick look at some he unwrapped, and was amazed at this find. He's collected them over the past 20 years with the prospect of painting them for his collection, but now isn't able to do that, so decided to quite them. As I was the only person interested, I offered to have a private viewing, and then selected 11 figures that took my fancy. There were all French Napoleonic era figures that I didn't have in these poses or uniforms, or which were unusual poses.

This is the result of my paintwork since then........

View attachment 249954View attachment 249955

Maybe I'll do another inspection of his troops and see what he has left ????

John

Added USS Baltimore, CA68, 1:350 scale from SD Model Makers. More pics on my collections thread. Chris
IMG_1703 (2).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back