What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (5 Viewers)

Keeping up with the idea of divising sets that are not the standard items we can acquire over the counter and or acquire but then proceed into adapting them to either some new pose that better fits my collection and or dioramas, one year ago I came across some great German WW1 period pictures that I said to myself, why not try to divise a set that could come as close as possible off these period pictures and at the sametime be a one of item....Well having that in mind I started researching the source of the sets that could be used for that purpose and was lucky enough to have come across with just the right raw material that could be turned into my representation of that specific picture and ship it all to Obee so that he could them through in his endeless expertise. As part of the recent troop deployment that has just arrived from Down Under we have a saloon car converted for AA role ( just as the period picture...this one Obee did miracles to come as close to the actual thing as it was possible with the resources we had at hand) ..Hint the big guys come come up with something like that...K&C would be the fastest to get one of their own as they already have the saloon car......
Hope you enjoy the pictures as Obee and I in divising the sets...
Cheers Luiz aka Artilelry_Crazy

Attachments

• aacar2 (002).jpg
    aacar2 (002).jpg
    146 KB · Views: 245
  • aacar1 (002).jpg
    aacar1 (002).jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 41215772_2165758713454718_7934079810156888064_o (1).jpg
    41215772_2165758713454718_7934079810156888064_o (1).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 192
  • aa gun team.jpg
    aa gun team.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 209
Keeping up with the idea of divising sets that are not the standard items we can acquire over the counter and or acquire but then proceed into adapting them to either some new pose that better fits my collection and or dioramas, one year ago I came across some great German WW1 period pictures that I said to myself, why not try to divise a set that could come as close as possible off these period pictures and at the sametime be a one of item....Well having that in mind I started researching the source of the sets that could be used for that purpose and was lucky enough to have come across with just the right raw material that could be turned into my representation of that specific picture and ship it all to Obee so that he could them through in his endeless expertise. As part of the recent troop deployment that has just arrived from Down Under we have a saloon car converted for AA role ( just as the period picture...this one Obee did miracles to come as close to the actual thing as it was possible with the resources we had at hand) ..Hint the big guys come come up with something like that...K&C would be the fastest to get one of their own as they already have the saloon car......

They look even better in person he is the master

Totally agree, John is a legend with the paint brush but I do have concerns that there is a shortage of grey paint in WA....^&grin

Tom

Mate you should see my latest project I gave him and it ain't Grey

Hi Luiz,

I love that raised MGO8 on sled. Would you know if there were any examples of that ever used in the African theatre?

Rgds Victor

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the note!
I have no literature that could point out that the " Schutztruppen " ( German Colonial Troops ) and their locally raised batallions of Askaris, deployed the MG08 on an AA role in Africa or China ( main WW1 theaters of War for the Germans other Europe and the Ottoman Empire ). But yes, the MG01 to MG08 on a sled was the standard heavy machinegun supplied to the German Army in all theaters of war and they were present in Africa.......I guess the reason that there is so little literature ( in English ) that I know of the German war in Africa is due to the fact that a very small force of Germans and Askaris led by the legendary Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck with no support from Germany once the war broke out, was able to tie down large numbers of Empire and Belgian troops, and only surrendered 3 days after the war was over in Europe!
Cheers
Luiz

Hi Luiz,

I love that raised MGO8 on sled. Would you know if there were any examples of that ever used in the African theatre?

Rgds Victor

Hey Tom,
Once John has used up all the grey paint he could muster in Western Australia...do share with us the finished goodies....made me curious...{sm4}{sm4}{sm4}
Cheers
Luiz

Is it giving john "grey" hairs mate?? ^&grin

Tom

Keeping up with the idea of divising sets that are not the standard items we can acquire over the counter and or acquire but then proceed into adapting them to either some new pose that better fits my collection and or dioramas, one year ago I came across some great German WW1 period pictures that I said to myself, why not try to divise a set that could come as close as possible off these period pictures and at the sametime be a one of item....Well having that in mind I started researching the source of the sets that could be used for that purpose and was lucky enough to have come across with just the right raw material that could be turned into my representation of that specific picture and ship it all to Obee so that he could them through in his endeless expertise. As part of the recent troop deployment that has just arrived from Down Under we have a saloon car converted for AA role ( just as the period picture...this one Obee did miracles to come as close to the actual thing as it was possible with the resources we had at hand) ..Hint the big guys come come up with something like that...K&C would be the fastest to get one of their own as they already have the saloon car......Then we have sundry stormtroopers as they would look as the troops were advancing during the St Michael offensive on the Western Front..and also the standard communications teams and officers conferencing over maps of the battlefield....

Fantastic stuff as usual! Obie's work is impeccable!!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool

I just picked up three Honour Bound sets, a winter Jagdpanther, winter US Medic Team and winter German infantry (more photos upon receipt):

Attachments

• 7118BB2D-21C2-4C65-A3C0-540AE3A7DA32.jpeg
    7118BB2D-21C2-4C65-A3C0-540AE3A7DA32.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 316
  • Honour Bound Winter Sets 2.jpg
    Honour Bound Winter Sets 2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 320
  • Honour Bound Winter Sets 1.jpg
    Honour Bound Winter Sets 1.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 323
Here's a few more shots of my new Honour Bound figures:

Attachments

• Honour Bound Aquisitions 6.jpg
    Honour Bound Aquisitions 6.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 336
  • Honour Bound Aquisitions 5.jpg
    Honour Bound Aquisitions 5.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 300
  • Honour Bound Aquisitions 3.jpg
    Honour Bound Aquisitions 3.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 307
  • Honour Bound Aquisitions 2.jpg
    Honour Bound Aquisitions 2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 313
You're becoming the Honour Bound king Louis! The winter Jagdpanther is a great pick up.

Tom

You're becoming the Honour Bound king Louis! The winter Jagdpanther is a great pick up.

Tom

Thanks Tom! The same seller seems to liquidating an Honour Bound collection and I grabbed the German Winter Field Kitchen and Chow Line set, the German Winter Medics with the German Shepherd and the Winter version of the German Radio Team:

Attachments

• A58E8816-5979-4682-822A-9180114A772E.jpeg
    A58E8816-5979-4682-822A-9180114A772E.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 308
  • 8EA16F59-824B-4200-BD64-44A8AB30419E.jpeg
    8EA16F59-824B-4200-BD64-44A8AB30419E.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 319
  • 931CEB15-42A2-4D7E-8B17-5C5A4BA3E073.jpeg
    931CEB15-42A2-4D7E-8B17-5C5A4BA3E073.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 312
Just received my first ever Frontline ACW figures, a command set and standard bearer set for the 5th NY. I took a flyer because I like the uniform but have never bought Frontline matte simply because ACW matte was a secondary collecting interest. I took a shot because of the price, less than half current matte prices in general per figure, and I have to say, these are outstanding figures, extremely well painted and detailed. The flag bearer set is of year 1999 make, while the command set is from 2004. I am really sorry I hadn't seen fit to delve into Frontline earlier (other than some of their superb gloss Light Brigade figure). I believe I will be adding to these bargain priced figures in the near future. -- Al

Look on ebay. Lots of good trophy from an estate sale and inexpensive also. Tommy

Here’s the winter radio team I got:

Attachments

• DE3FB1C5-BE53-4D56-A37E-DEBF0BB7674A.jpeg
    DE3FB1C5-BE53-4D56-A37E-DEBF0BB7674A.jpeg
    501.1 KB · Views: 351
I just picked up three Honour Bound sets, a winter Jagdpanther, winter US Medic Team and winter German infantry (more photos upon receipt):

I almost bought that jagdpanther when I saw it pop up but I held off because I think HB is more along the lines of K&C scale wise (which doesn't fit my collection). Regardless it is a great looking piece, congrats!!!

I almost bought that jagdpanther when I saw it pop up but I held off because I think HB is more along the lines of K&C scale wise (which doesn't fit my collection). Regardless it is a great looking piece, congrats!!!

Thank you! :salute:: I love Honour Bound's WWII vehicles and figures, but you are correct, they are closer in scale to K&C (and Figarti) figures.

Some photos of my Honour Bound winter acquisitions on a Ken Osen built Hudson & Allen Eastern Front diorama:

Attachments

• Honour Bound Winter Diorama 5.jpg
    Honour Bound Winter Diorama 5.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 310
  • Honour Bound Winter Diorama 4.jpg
    Honour Bound Winter Diorama 4.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 315
  • Honour Bound Winter Diorama 3.jpg
    Honour Bound Winter Diorama 3.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 311
  • Honour Bound Winter Diorama 2.jpg
    Honour Bound Winter Diorama 2.jpg