What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (4 Viewers)

Merry Christmas in February. The Micharti Customs are flowing again along with some FL originals and hand-me-downs:

highlanders.jpg24thfoot.jpg

Just received in the post from an auction site seller, 24th foot and 'highlanders' (yet to identify) from the old Hinton Hunt range. Nostalgia for my youth, as I still have three or four from my original collection back in the 1970s. Question is, do I leave them as they are, just clean them up, touch up the scratched areas or strip and repaint?

As I mentioned on the Somerset thread, I have been able to add 9 new Camel Corps figures to my collection, 2 Somerset and 7 KC. I now have 10 total Somerset Camel Corps, 8 from the 25th Punjab Frontier Force and 2 Birkanir to go with my 7 new KC Camel Corps, 5 Birkanir and 2 Northwest Frontier Mounted Rifles. Not a huge number but 17 Camel Corps is double what I had 2 weeks ago. The 9 new figures are the first figures of any sort I have purchased since June 2017. Quite honestly, figure prices have outstripped what I can afford. The new figures were off E-Bay and at a good price but are likely to be the last for a long time unless I get lucky again. -- Al

I just picked up this production JJD StuG III, depicted alongside the prototype StuG III John gave me the last time he visited my home:

Attachments

• JJD StuG's 5.jpg
    JJD StuG's 5.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 427
  • JJD StuG's 4.jpg
    JJD StuG's 4.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 427
  • JJD StuG's 8.jpg
    JJD StuG's 8.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 410
  • JJD StuG's 3.jpg
    JJD StuG's 3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 431
  • JJD StuG's 6.jpg
    JJD StuG's 6.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 426
Corgi 1/32 figure of Adolph "Sailor Malan:"

Adolph Malan.jpg

Looks great with a Hurricane model.

Collecting toy pilots doesn't have to cost and arm and a leg!

-Moe

View attachment 244036View attachment 244035

Just received in the post from an auction site seller, 24th foot and 'highlanders' (yet to identify) from the old Hinton Hunt range. Nostalgia for my youth, as I still have three or four from my original collection back in the 1970s. Question is, do I leave them as they are, just clean them up, touch up the scratched areas or strip and repaint?

I'm a "stripper" by nature - but these look almost too good to me, to take them back to the bare metal once again. Maybe just give the cobwebs a dust off - and maybe some very careful touchups of bits you can't live with - and these heroes will be fit to fight on for a few years yet. jb

Danish Guard Hussars (Britains #2018) still tied-in box complete with the complaint slip. {sm4}

Younger brother just bought the naval gun 1st version!

As I finished painting these lovely Replicas of the old Britains Number 47 set of Skinner's Horse Indian Cavalry last night - I think they qualify for a spot here.

Note that I put all five of my "set" on bases - and made one or two alterations to the castings - as I wanted an Officer, Trumpeter and 3 Lancers for my set, and all five castings are the same - and I wanted different weapons for the three versions required, the following alterations were made prior to painting:

[Note 1: All castings from replicametalsoldiers.co.uk]

Officer - saddle carbine removed from the side of horse - but empty sword scabbard retained - as new right arm would carry sword.

Trumpeter - Sword hilt required in empty scabbard - as new right arm would carry trumpet/ bugle.

Lancers - sword hilt required in empty scabbard - as new right arm would carry lance.

[Note 2: all hilts were cut from spare parts and drilled/pinned in place at top of scabbard]

And here are the final figures - somewhat after the original Britains set 47 ( originated from 1896).

Hope you like 'em - jb

PIC_5110.JPGPIC_5109.JPG

As I finished painting these lovely Replicas of the old Britains Number 47 set of Skinner's Horse Indian Cavalry last night - I think they qualify for a spot here. And here are the final figures - somewhat after the original Britains set 47 ( originated from 1896).

Hope you like 'em - jb

Nice work JB,

it's great to see what you can do to bring these figures up to a truly fine condition, and the glossy finish and bases make them really stand out.

Well done,

John

Nice work JB,

it's great to see what you can do to bring these figures up to a truly fine condition, and the glossy finish and bases make them really stand out.

Well done,

John

Thanks John - especially pleased that YOU like them, maestro!:salute:::D jb

Finally got this 2 figures which i have been looking for so long. Thanks Steve "Hunter Rose" for giving me one figure.

Attachments

• 3b0a5226-0ef1-4b7e-9081-fda38da5700a.jpg
    3b0a5226-0ef1-4b7e-9081-fda38da5700a.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 427
Several new sets have come my way! Two sets of marvelous Durbar figures from Marlborough and an old figure made of wood from about 1900.

Dave

Just arrived today, the USS Manley, APD1. More pics on my collections thread. Chris

Manley 5.jpeg

A few more Manes Marzano retreat from Russia, K&C marines and new Warpark swimwagen and figure.

Attachments

• IMG_3025.JPG
    IMG_3025.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_3024.JPG
    IMG_3024.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_3026.JPG
    IMG_3026.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_3027.JPG
    IMG_3027.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 383
Just picked up this CJB Military Models British Army Lorry, my first new CJB Model in a couple of years:

Attachments

• CJB Models Lorry 1.jpg
    CJB Models Lorry 1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 344

Users who are viewing this thread

Back