What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (4 Viewers)

Recently received delivery of this special order sidewheeler river boat from the British Toy Soldier Co., Patrick and Chris Adams were a pleasure work with and did a fantastic job creating this model.

B.

Attachments

• thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 499
  • thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 477
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 470
I've been on a French colonial Army kick lately so besides the French marine I posted a couple of days ago and here's what I picked up.
1 Senegalese Tirailluer circa WWI I got this from Russia. It's not the highest quality but in my price range.^&grin
2.Algerian Tirailluer from Team Miniatures
3.Gary Cooper as Beau Geste This is a kit created quite a few years ago fron Andrea Miniatures. I will send this off this week to be painted,
Mark

ee3.jpgee2.jpgmphfch04 French Tirailleur Senegalais.jpg

Recently received delivery of this special order sidewheeler river boat from the British Toy Soldier Co., Patrick and Chris Adams were a pleasure work with and did a fantastic job creating this model.

B.

In my haste to post pictures of this new acquisition I woefully neglected to mention that without the kind and knowledgeable assistance of my good friend Martyn (aka GICOP) this project would probably never have come to fruition.

Thanks Martyn, your kindness and friendship are much appreciated.
:salute::

B.

In my haste to post pictures of this new acquisition I woefully neglected to mention that without the kind and knowledgeable assistance of my good friend Martyn (aka GICOP) this project would probably never have come to fruition.

Thanks Martyn, your kindness and friendship are much appreciated.
:salute::

B.

Great looking sidewheeler river boat Buster, happy to help in a very small way.

Stay safe mate

Martyn:)

I found this model of Maxwell from 1911 useful for my future diorama on the Mexican revolution for 25 euros in a shop selling old car miniatures. Such old models are very rare because there is no demand. It seems to me that the scale with the 1:32 toy soldiers is very satisfactory, even more compliant than those of some toysoldiers manufacturers.^&grin
I have started to repaint the whelle rims and I will repaint and weathering other parts ,of course, to make it more realistic...

20211121_120133.jpg

I picked up the new First Legion Franco Prussian War Algerian Tirialleurs, and the John Jenkins Designs King Tiger Tank, which without question sets a new standard for armor in the hobby:

Attachments

• 1 1870 First Legion Algerian Tirialleur 6.jpg
    1 1870 First Legion Algerian Tirialleur 6.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 460
  • 1 1870 First Legion Algerian Tirialleur 5.jpg
    1 1870 First Legion Algerian Tirialleur 5.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 461
  • 1 1870 First Legion Algerian Tirialleur 3.jpg
    1 1870 First Legion Algerian Tirialleur 3.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 461
  • 1 1870 First Legion Algerian Tirialleur 7.jpg
    1 1870 First Legion Algerian Tirialleur 7.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 455
  • 1 1943 JJD King Tiger 1.jpg
    1 1943 JJD King Tiger 1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 460
New FL figures I have recently picked up

IymMNv5.jpg

mz0RYEI.jpg

PytgdVA.jpg

and two 1/18 Astronauts for my Apollo collection

l3cKTvC.jpg

I just picked up the new TM Terrain Chasseurs a Pied:

Attachments

• 1 1870 Chassers a Pied 1.jpg
    1 1870 Chassers a Pied 1.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 471
  • 1 1870 Chassers a Pied 2.jpg
    1 1870 Chassers a Pied 2.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 461
  • 1 1870 Chassers a Pied 3.jpg
    1 1870 Chassers a Pied 3.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 461
  • 1 1870 Chassers a Pied 4.jpg
    1 1870 Chassers a Pied 4.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 452
  • 1 1870 Franco Prussian War Diorama 34.jpg
    1 1870 Franco Prussian War Diorama 34.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 459
This HINCLIFFE Napoleonic caisson kit arrived yesterday from the UK.

cas800.jpg

catalogue.jpg

I think that this is the only metal kit of this essential piece of equipment that has been made.

I know that HISTOREX do make a plastic kit,
big_15_30302.jpg

and CGB Mignot also make a painted set with horses,
cgb.jpg

but plan on setting this one up either on a gun position,
or being hauled by the HINCLIFFE team of horses that I already have towing a gun seen here......

hichgunteam.jpg

When completed, I'll post in the Painted section in this Forum.

John

I just remembered that I saw this original French Napoleonic caisson in the Bundeswehr Military History Museum, Dresden on a trip in 2017.

nap_caisson.jpg

It was interesting to see the colouring on the old wood, and I could read the engraving on the metal frame just next to the chain with '1809' engraved !!!

John

Last edited:
Nice buy

Here are the colours used in different countries during Napolean wars

couleur canon.jpg

Hi Mirof

Very useful list but Saxon Artillery was traditionally painted Dark Grey with Yellow details from 1700ish until the introduction of Field Grey just prior to WWI.

Today a box of 3 dead Scotsmen here .....

3dead.jpg

They are Stadden 54mm figures, but on closer inspection I may attempt to remove them from the bases and 'revive' them with my 'lick of paint' so they can join others of their regiment on the battlefield....

3gordos.jpg

John

This HINCLIFFE Napoleonic caisson kit arrived yesterday from the UK.

View attachment 283662

View attachment 283663

I think that this is the only metal kit of this essential piece of equipment that has been made.

I know that HISTOREX do make a plastic kit,
View attachment 283664

and CGB Mignot also make a painted set with horses,
View attachment 283665

but plan on setting this one up either on a gun position,
or being hauled by the HINCLIFFE team of horses that I already have towing a gun seen here......

hichgunteam.jpg

When completed, I'll post in the Painted section in this Forum.

John

Here it is completed ...

frcaisson.jpg

Next pic should be it limbered up ... soon ....

John

Finally picked me up a Honor Bound Panther!!

Attachments

• 20220113_113307.jpg
    20220113_113307.jpg
    875 KB · Views: 561
Using another of my favourite Red Tinplate Monsters (see post 3097) I have finally finished my new Albatros DIII in HECO style in the speculative markings of Karl Menckhoff whilst serving in in Jasta 3

DSCF0495.jpg DSCF0496.jpg

A friend of mine has given me a couple of Stadden 54mm Model figures he bought in the Tradition of London Shop about 15 years ago, and never got around to painting.

He knew that I'd love to paint them and include them into my collection because I'm a collector of figures from these periods.

xmasjim.jpg

These are Prussian Grenadier Drummer 7 Years War and a pair of 'duelling' Drum Majors, French & British from the Napoleonic era.

I'm sure they will look good with my 'lick of paint' so I'll be sure to post an image when completed.

John

Hi! My last addtion is this group of 20 30mm german soldiers flats, not sure about the maker, my guess is that the were made in Germany in the 70s-80s, hope you like them!

Regards

Nacho

20 Zinnfiguren Musiker Soldaten Wehrmacht Deutsches Reich 30mm bemalt WW II.jpg

Picked up a Forces of Valor weathered American Halftrack, love the detail, if you pick and chose the Forces of Valor vehicles you can get away with using with First Legion as the scale seems to be ok with certain Armor.

1_20220210_100005.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back