What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (2 Viewers)

See below, the K & C i recently purchased at auction, £1,350, will sell 10 sets as i already have, but where part of an auction lot where i wanted some pieces.
i am very happy with these purchases that go someway to fill in the gaps in my collection.

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 517
  • aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 503
  • aaaa.jpg
    aaaa.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 514
  • aaaaa.jpg
    aaaaa.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 519
I picked up a couple of cool Trophy sets, a Boer War Steam Engine and a duplicate WWI British Army General Service Wagon:

Attachments

• 1 1898 Trophy Boer War Steam Tractor 1 (2).jpg
    1 1898 Trophy Boer War Steam Tractor 1 (2).jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 482
  • 1 1898 Trophy Boer War Steam Tractor 2 (2).jpg
    1 1898 Trophy Boer War Steam Tractor 2 (2).jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 480
  • 1 1914 Trophy WWI Supply Wagon 1 (2).jpg
    1 1914 Trophy WWI Supply Wagon 1 (2).jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 462
  • 1 1914 Trophy WWI Supply Wagon 2 (2).jpg
    1 1914 Trophy WWI Supply Wagon 2 (2).jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 482
Pfalz DeI Triplane - The Triplane that would become a biplane.

Having succumbed to the temptation of the Fokker DVI see the Not HECO but Alf Blatch thread. I decided that in for a penny in for a pound and determined to also add to the collection the Pfalz DrI Triplane one of only three triplanes to ever reach production. Whist the Sopwith and Fokker versions are well known the same problems with the Siemens-Halske rotary engine that curtailed the fortunes of the Fokker DVI also stopped the Pfalz DrI. Thus despite its early promise and phenomenal rate of climb only thirteen DrIs were ever made with the ten production machines all being sent in ones and twos to various Jastas for evaluation by which time the era of the triplane was over.

Eventually Pfalz used the fuselage of the DrI as the basis of the slightly more successful DVIII biplane (see thread 3581). Having already made the DVIII it was relatively simple to recreate the same fuselage this time with the triplane layout. Painted and serial numbered as one of the ten production models it will be relatively simple to replace the number should information turn up that a Saxon pilot was with one of the Jastas tasked with evaluating the lovely little plane. Again if anyone could help in this quest please get in touch.

DSCF0534.jpg DSCF0536.jpg

I have found today by chance this rare ( I have never seen , at least) ww1 german sniper with an iron mask!{sm3}

20220715_135433.jpg20220715_135455.jpg

I picked up these 2 FFL figures from Thomas Gunn (yes they are different) and had this Carignan-Salieres figure (New France 1665) painted.
Mark
FFL050A.jpgFFL050B.jpgcsr1.jpg

Found these rare 55mm ElASTOLIN figures. The are downsized 105 mm figures of the same maker Elastolin. Known as Festungssoldaten, "Fortress Soldiers" they where to be used with Elastolin´s Fortress models or WW1 bunkers as well as the Gauge 0 and Gauge 1 Model Railways of other German companies. But the 70/75mm scale was allready established and the 55mm Figures never became too popular. As a result 100 years on, these are hard to find and usually expensive.
The number of collectors remains modest. Historically the where the few "54ish mm Scale" Toy Soldiers produced in composition material after WW1.

The officer will soon be transferred to another branch of the Imperial German Army.{sm4}Handgr.jpgoffz.jpg

This is another new arrival. Not Elastolin or Lineol, but most likely Kienel another german producer of composition Toy Soldiers.

Chef.jpg

This almost unused "Spieß" Drill Sergeant was a lucky find. Not that he is rare but in such almost unused condition rather seldom. Can´t beat the 1930ies style of sculpting.

Spieß.jpg

I bought these 2 Del Prado toysoldiers from the western series today at the flea market ...

They are simple, but the woman on horseback is truly an unusual figure. I will convert them to Mexicans for my future diorama.

20220814_214819.jpg

Thomas Gunn: Celtic Warrior, USMC Officer Boxer Rebellion, three Spartans, three Persian Warriors, German Freikorps Standard Bearer and Stormtrooper with MP18.
W. Britain's: Art of war Series; three Militiamen.
JJD: British Cavalryman Jacobite Rebellion, and two sets of British Grenadiers. one Prince Lifeguard's Horse and one set Royal Ecossais

Last edited:
This 54mm Custer figure from Andrea Miniatures arrived today after having it painted.
Mark

cus1.jpg

With the help of our good friend Mark (Saxon Lions) I was able to grab this Heco Bristol Brisfit for less than 5 British Pounds, the opening bid on an eBay auction:

Attachments

• 1919 Heco Bristol Brisfit 1.jpg
    1919 Heco Bristol Brisfit 1.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 394
  • 1919 Heco Bristol Brisfit 2.jpg
    1919 Heco Bristol Brisfit 2.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 399
  • 1919 Heco Bristol Brisfit 3.jpg
    1919 Heco Bristol Brisfit 3.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 404
I just received the last of John Jenkins' 14th Brooklyn sets, and here are some photos of all of the JJD 14th Brooklyn on one of Ken Osen's brilliant Hudson & Allen civil war dioramas:

Attachments

• 1862 JJD 14th Brooklyn 1.jpg
    1862 JJD 14th Brooklyn 1.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 399
  • 1862 JJD 14th Brooklyn 2.jpg
    1862 JJD 14th Brooklyn 2.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 406
  • 1862 JJD 14th Brooklyn 3.jpg
    1862 JJD 14th Brooklyn 3.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 400
Fokker DV - Harry von Bülow-Bothkamp

Despite being highly maneuverable by the time it became available in Jan 1917 the Fokker DV was both under powered and under armed in comparison to the Albatros fighters then in service with frontline units so most of the 216 planes produced served in Training schools. However, in late 1917 early 1918, small numbers of D.V aircraft were issued to Albatros equipped Jastas for use as conversion trainers to facilitate the future introduction of the rotary engined Fokker DrI Triplane. Jasta 2 'Boelcke was one of the units to receive the DV for this conversion and there is some possible evidence that 2729/16 was one of the planes supplied to the unit.
7.jpg

The military career of Harry von Bülow-Bothkamp makes for interesting reading. Initially he joined the 1st Saxon Hussar Regiment in 1915 before following his more illustrious brother Walter into the Air Service joining him in Jasta 36 and then following him to Jasta 2 remaining there during this transition period despite his brother's death in Jan 18, before taking command of the Triplane equipped Jasta 36 in March. At present there is no photographic information of any of Harry's fighter aircraft but it is likely he would have flown this plane during February 1918 in preparation for the arrival of the Fokker DrI with Jasta 2. The dog was called Tönnes and originally belonged to Walter but a photo taken after the latter's death shows the dog with Harry in front of a DrI.

1.jpg DSCF0547.jpg DSCF0552.jpg

In August as the sole survivor of four brothers Harry was released from further service by the Kaiser having scored six victories. However, this was not to be the end of the fighter career as he became one of the few pilots to become aces in both wars by scoring a further twelve victories in WWII flying this Messerschmitt ME 109 whilst in command of JG2 during 1940 at the age of forty.

5.jpg

Last edited:
I aqurried an Honour Bound Panther today...now I know what the hype was all about!:salute::

-Jake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back