What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (2 Viewers)

A few Heco Tinlate masterpieces, including an observation balloon diorama, De Haviland Tigermoth, and a DH1 Pusher Plane:

Attachments

• Heco Tiger Moth 2.JPG
    Heco Tiger Moth 2.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Heco Tiger Moth 4.JPG
    Heco Tiger Moth 4.JPG
    258.7 KB · Views: 293
  • Heco DH1 2.JPG
    Heco DH1 2.JPG
    314.5 KB · Views: 279
  • Heco Balloon Diorama 6.JPG
    Heco Balloon Diorama 6.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 280
  • Heco Balloon Diorama 1.JPG
    Heco Balloon Diorama 1.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 294
Picked these up at my Brisbane dealer. Both are for long term projects - a large Rorke's Drift dio and an even larger Waterloo. The K&C Gordon is a really nice piece. I have always liked their Naps - they were the first range I started collecting.

King and Country NA202 Gordon Kneeling repel.jpg

SFA007.jpg

a whole bunch of randomness today!

K&C: Edinburgh Gate, Glossy Streets of Hong Kong School, MP on Harley
Trophy: Col. Joshua Chamberlain
St. Petersburg Collection: multiple civil war generals!

A good day for me indeed!

4dbc31f7-a002-4414-9e3d-2e44f5e5ce20.jpg

Nice pickup, Zach! John Firth passed along some early Tony Williams (pre-Heco Tinplate Models) figures from his collection:

Attachments

• Tony Williams Figures 4.JPG
    Tony Williams Figures 4.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 236
  • Tony Williams Figures 3.JPG
    Tony Williams Figures 3.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 229
  • Tony Williams Figures 1.JPG
    Tony Williams Figures 1.JPG
    272.6 KB · Views: 250
Been a while! In the past month about 6x dep prado prussians st attention. 4x prussian lancers!

Trophy napoleonic limited edition flag bearer!

5x empty king and country boxes! (They'll come in handy somewhere! ) :D

Kind of had a break from buying in the past month!

Just won another del prado prussian and king and country ww2 88mm gun crew today!

Scott

Just picked these up from my Brisbane dealer. They are further additions to the square that I am preparing to mark 2015. Always great to pick up older figures at older prices.

King and Country NA203 Gordon Kneeling.jpg

King and Country NA204 Gordon loading.jpg

King and Country NA205 Gordon firing.jpg

Thanks for posting those excellent pics Marty. It gave me a prod to compare the Black Watch and Gordons a bit better. Yes they'd look fine if mixed but and the plume?? could be repainted but the kilts are still noticably different. I may have to get me a Black Watch standing firing guy so that he fits in just right. I never thought I was OCD but now I begin to wonder.....

Thanks for posting those excellent pics Marty. It gave me a prod to compare the Black Watch and Gordons a bit better. Yes they'd look fine if mixed but and the plume?? could be repainted but the kilts are still noticably different. I may have to get me a Black Watch standing firing guy so that he fits in just right. I never thought I was OCD but now I begin to wonder.....

I am going to mix them ... unless someone can post a colour picture from Waterloo to prove me wrong!

Of course those old-school regimental Sgt Majors would have had no problem with their lads wandering off and standing wherever they felt like.

Of course those old-school regimental Sgt Majors would have had no problem with their lads wandering off and standing wherever they felt like.

I was in a Light Horse Regiment and one day we went into the scrub behind the base to do some training. One of my squad members disappeared for a short time. Fifteen minutes later he came back to the position we were manning with a coke can and a hot dog. Some soldiers do wander off in the heat of battle!

Just picked these up from my Brisbane dealer. They are further additions to the square that I am preparing to mark 2015. Always great to pick up older figures at older prices.

You must have sneaked them out because Brett made me pay for my figures :(

John

I think you will need another hundred to make a firing line......... pity I'm not closer, or I could loan you some of mine for the diorama !

You must have sneaked them out because Brett made me pay for my figures :(

John

I think you will need another hundred to make a firing line......... pity I'm not closer, or I could loan you some of mine for the diorama !

Between us we have 45 already. I will pick up one a week for a while!

I've acquired the following at an estate sale and am looking for help to identify regiments
IMG_4495.JPGIMG_4515.JPGIMG_4534.JPGIMG_4544.JPGIMG_4546.jpg

Last edited:
Picked this Turk flag bearer in battle armor- but don't know what the flag says though ^&grin

TurksWithFlag.jpg

I finally managed to purchase Through The Hole and The Closing Stages of Isandlwana......... ^&grin

LAH090.jpg

Seeing double.... liked Summer uniform so much got another piece ^&grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back