What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (2 Viewers)

My acquisitions from our show (MFCA) last weekend:

Four British cavalry from the Seven Years' War. From left to right, an officer (same casting Obee painted and posted in my "Army of Frederick the Great thread), two Dragoon Guard troopers (identified by the half-lapels), and a dragoon (no lapels). I'll paint the officer and the dragoon trooper as members of the King's (or Royal) Dragoons.

Some more Prussians, from left to right, another Jäger, a hussar loading his carbine, and an officer of the Ziethen-Hussars. I now have enough Ziethen hussars to display each of the squadron commanders, I think.

A "British infantry officer, 1750", which I will paint as an officer of the Hannoverian army, instead, Regiment Hardenberg. Through the personal union of the sovereign between the UK and the Electorate of Hannover, there was close cooperation between the armies, and the uniforms were virtually identical in cut.

I picked up this pocket book version of the Röchling book from Carl Hoegermeyer on Saturday. The illustrations have been reproduced everywhere, especially in Osprey, but now I have them all in color.

Prost!
Brad

My acquisitions from our show (MFCA) last weekend:

Prost!
Brad

Seems you bought Stadden or/and Hinton Hunt figures, production of the mid 60ies, when they were sold mounted and primed ( badly )
The two ones on the left of each pictures, maybe a bit later, early 70ies, when they were primed with a mix of water and mastic ( hence the chewing gum aspect )
And congratulations for the book

Best

My shop is between deliveries so I took the opportunity to purchase something on a whim.

RAF046.jpg

Oh Mark,
I feel for you...I did that same series by "picking up my first" and then he looked so lonely, I had to get them all!!! {sm3}
I love the FL Revolution figures

Oh Mark,
I feel for you...I did that same series by "picking up my first" and then he looked so lonely, I had to get them all!!! {sm3}
I love the FL Revolution figures

Some indians will be joining him down the road.^&grin
Mark

Trying to find this piece from US dealers or eBAY but no luck.... but SURPRISE SURPRISE - one piece available from my local dealer - of course picked it up immediately {sm4}

SAPoster.jpg

1/18 P40 AVG Flying Tiger

Attachments

• 001_zpsbea1c1ef.jpg
    001_zpsbea1c1ef.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 296
Is that the 21st Century Toys model? That's relatively hard to find, congratulations on your catch!

Prost!
Brad

Thanks. Yes it's the 21st model. Won it from ebay for a good price. There are several of them still available on ebay. I like the 1/18 21st Century and BBI/Merit models. They have decent detail, excellent painting and looking good for hanging from the ceiling. I've got the Hell Cat "Cat mouth" F6F arriving next week to add to my collection :)

Picked up the Lost In The Desert set from Figarti. I think this is a great set. Some of their figures look kind of suspect but the poses and painting on this set is really good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 246
Some plastic

Crescent ( Swoppet like ) head, torsos, hats, scarfs, pouchbelts, weapons ... all interchangeables
W-DSC_0023-crescent-02.jpg W-DSC_0025-crecent-02.jpg

Britain ( Made in Hong Kong for .. )
W-DSC_0029-HK-Brit-01.jpg W-DSC_0031-HK-Brit-02.jpg

Starlux
W-DSC_0020-star-01.jpg

Best

Next ones

Solido Belge / JSB

W-010bis.jpg

Varia

W-004bis.jpg

JSB with name and the same without name

W-DSC_0016.jpg W-DSC_0018.jpg

A friend of mine got me this figure for doing him a favor.I have to admit I wasn't crazy about this figure when I first saw a picture of it but I really like it.
Mark

FIW001B(L).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back