What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (2 Viewers)

My Son's biggest Christmas present was this 1:32 scale Metalshed WWI Hanley-Paige Bomber, with folding wings, tractor, air and ground crew:
Absolutely incredible piece of art. Santa is extremely generous and sure has an eye for the unusual gift. A beautiful present that will be treasured forever and will be the centerpiece of his collection. -- Al

Marco, thanks. The model is 34 inches long and 29 inches high.

-Moe

I couldn't see the name but I enlarged it and saw it was the Essex.I love the original ships of our little Navy that fought the Barbary pirates and the British.{bravo}}
Mark

I picked up a couple of nice Trophy WWI sets, a mounted German Infantry Officer and the Christmas in the Trenches Set:

Attachments

• Christmas Set by Trophy (2).jpg
    Christmas Set by Trophy (2).jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 433
  • F9C89C68-9C0E-45D2-89E2-AFC3E8626385.jpeg
    F9C89C68-9C0E-45D2-89E2-AFC3E8626385.jpeg
    512.1 KB · Views: 441
Alec's Christmas present as the centerpiece of my Heco Tinplate Models WWI Airfield (Metalshed and Trophy work very well together):

Attachments

• Alec's Metalshed Bomber 1.jpg
    Alec's Metalshed Bomber 1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 405
  • Alec's Metalshed Bomber 2.jpg
    Alec's Metalshed Bomber 2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 411
  • Alec's Metalshed Bomber 3.jpg
    Alec's Metalshed Bomber 3.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 419
  • Alec's Metalshed Bomber 4.jpg
    Alec's Metalshed Bomber 4.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 428
Some really nice handmade "dimestore" style sets by my friend Nathan Fogt:

Attachments

• French Sets by Nathan Fogt 1.jpg
    French Sets by Nathan Fogt 1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 420
  • French Sets by Nathan Fogt 2.jpg
    French Sets by Nathan Fogt 2.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 435
The Handley Page Bomber is absolutely amazing - Bruce Hebron's Metal Shed creations are truly stunning- I think I may need to start saving up for their Taube to go in my Saxon Army 1870-1918 collection. Did the towing tractor come as part of the set?

The Handley Page Bomber is absolutely amazing - Bruce Hebron's Metal Shed creations are truly stunning- I think I may need to start saving up for their Taube to go in my Saxon Army 1870-1918 collection. Did the towing tractor come as part of the set?
Yes,

The set included the tractor, the two ground crewman and the two standing officers as well as the bomber with complete aircrew.

Scored a knockout on E-Bay.....Plantagenet Miniatures-WW1 German artillery sets...8 horses,3 guns,1 limber, 2 caissons,1 field desk, +27!!!! figures ..wow.

All under 2 bills including ship & tax. A nice matte spray and all is well.

Scored a knockout on E-Bay.....Plantagenet Miniatures-WW1 German artillery sets...8 horses,3 guns,1 limber, 2 caissons,1 field desk, +27!!!! figures ..wow.

All under 2 bills including ship & tax. A nice matte spray and all is well.

Gadzooks! Shipping was gratis!

Alec's Christmas present as the centerpiece of my Heco Tinplate Models WWI Airfield (Metalshed and Trophy work very well together):
Louis,
Your collection just never stops. I have always marveled at the metal shed stuff at the Chicago show and you have so many pieces. Hats off.

Louis,
Your collection just never stops. I have always marveled at the metal shed stuff at the Chicago show and you have so many pieces. Hats off.
The Metalshed stuff all belongs to my son. It goes perfectly with my Heco Tinplate Models, so we generally display them together.

The Metalshed stuff all belongs to my son. It goes perfectly with my Heco Tinplate Models, so we generally display them together.

And despite comments here recently about Louis' finances, the Metal Shed items his son owns were purchased by his son with his own money, he works part time after school in a local coal mine to fund his hobby...…………………..

What is it in this country that you are put down for being successful.A lot of halfwits out there anymore.
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back