What would you like FL to make. (3 Viewers)

Ok, loaded question, but does anyone have a guess on what an FL Carthinagian elephant would cost (judging from their cavalry pieces etc.)? Also how much did the Aeroart one go for originally?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Well judging by the Roman war elephant. Which was $1600.00. Maybe another $100.00-$200.00 more.

Well judging by the Roman war elephant. Which was $1600.00. Maybe another $100.00-$200.00 more.

Spartan71:

I got to see the Aeroart version at Sierra once. It was incredible and a true sight to see.

I would be all over it if First Legion made one.

A nice addition to their Ancient Greece series could focus on the Trojan War. No one to my knowledge has made figures that copy the famous painting of Achilles in his chariot dragging Hector's body around Troy. If FL is really ambitious, how about a sack of Troy series to rival that of Heyde.
MikeNick

Spartan71:

I got to see the Aeroart version at Sierra once. It was incredible and a true sight to see.

I would be all over it if First Legion made one.

Truer words were never spoken :salute:::salute:: regards Gebhard

Ok, loaded question, but does anyone have a guess on what an FL Carthinagian elephant would cost (judging from their cavalry pieces etc.)? Also how much did the Aeroart one go for originally?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

PA,
I can't answer the question about what a FL Carthaginian war elephant would cost with any certainty, but if I had to venture a guess I would say $750.00 to $850.00. I'm sure it would be a very popular piece. Aeroart elephants go for $1,600.00 TO $1,800.00. However, the Carthaginian war elephant that Aeroart used to sell was produced by Arsenyev Studios. Aeroart no longer distributes Arsenyev pieces. But you can still buy the set from Arsenyev direct assuming they still have the casting. However, it is from Arsenyev's "PB" series, which consists of highly detailed sculpts that are typically only painted to an elite level. It wouldn't go for any less than $5,400.00 from Arsenyev today.

Hope this helps,
Joe

PA,
I can't answer the question about what a FL Carthaginian war elephant would cost with any certainty, but if I had to venture a guess I would say $750.00 to $850.00. I'm sure it would be a very popular piece. Aeroart elephants go for $1,600.00 TO $1,800.00. However, the Carthaginian war elephant that Aeroart used to sell was produced by Arsenyev Studios. Aeroart no longer distributes Arsenyev pieces. But you can still buy the set from Arsenyev direct assuming they still have the casting. However, it is from Arsenyev's "PB" series, which consists of highly detailed sculpts that are typically only painted to an elite level. It wouldn't go for any less than $5,400.00 from Arsenyev today.

Hope this helps,
Joe

Joe:

Thanks for the great information. I have always been fascinated with the war elephants and I know that FL would produce a great example.

I suppose I could go the Russian route but as understanding as the wife is I am pretty sure that the grease on that would be much more than the standard handbag or shoes. So here's hoping FL makes one!

-Jason

Joe:

Thanks for the great information. I have always been fascinated with the war elephants and I know that FL would produce a great example.

I suppose I could go the Russian route but as understanding as the wife is I am pretty sure that the grease on that would be much more than the standard handbag or shoes. So here's hoping FL makes one!

-Jason

Jason,
I'm glad I was able to help. I wish I was collecting Russian figures back when Aeroart and Arsenyev had an alliance. At that time you could get elite war elephants, chariots, mounted figures, etc. at much better prices. But at least you can still get them from Russia if you absolutely have to have one. Oh yes, I would imagine it would run you much more than the standard handbag or shoes.:tongue:
Here's to hoping FL makes one someday. I'm sure they would do a wonderful job, and it would be the center piece of many collections.

On a similar note, I would love to see FL create a whole battery of the various Roman war machines w/ crews too. My guess is they would be snatched up quickly by collectors wanting to create battles scenes with artillery lines. I think I might be asking for a bit much but it's fun to dream.

Joe

I would love to see Roman Soldier pieces where you can assemble the tortoise. That would be a site to see. And maybe more defensive poses, where it looks like a soldier is taken aback by a strike on their shields.

I would love to see Roman Soldier pieces where you can assemble the tortoise. That would be a site to see. And maybe more defensive poses, where it looks like a soldier is taken aback by a strike on their shields.

I love this idea!

I would like to also see some French and British naps engaged in siege work, with ladders etc. some French light infantry carrying ladders up to the walls would be awesome. I would also love to see a unit of British infantry marching in line as well. I have quite a few uses in mind for a few of these poses.
Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back