What would you like K&C to make. (1 Viewer)

Simpson & his donkey.

Sergeant Major
I would like K&C to return to modern warfare in Afghanistan as there is so many cool things and different nations taken part. What would you like to see K&C make. Chris.

I would like K&C to return to modern warfare in Afghanistan as there is so many cool things and different nations taken part. What would you like to see K&C make. Chris.

Simmo mate,
In order of my thoughts of their chances of being made:
(1) Figure - Sir John Monash, Corp Commander Aussies WW1
(2) Tank - Centurion, three versions 250 range, Aussie Vietnam, Israeli 6 Day War and British either Korea or BAOR.
(3) Range - Aussies WW2, New Guinea and the Islands, figures, tanks (Matildas) and 25lb guns and crew,
I live and dream in hope.^&grin^&grin
Cheers Howard

History in miniature!!!!!

I suppose I will settle for the following:

Sturmtiger

Steel wheeled Tiger I

Mitch

How about either a German 88mm or a 10.5 field gun in field grey. For the Battle of France or invasion of Russia?

I would like to see WW1 French anything. Early war, mid-war, late war, all would be fine. Would really like some early war cavalry and artillery to go with the wonderful earlier releases, but some horizon blue additions wouldn't hurt my feelings.:wink2: -- Al

Simmo mate,
In order of my thoughts of their chances of being made:
(1) Figure - Sir John Monash, Corp Commander Aussies WW1
(2) Tank - Centurion, three versions 250 range, Aussie Vietnam, Israeli 6 Day War and British either Korea or BAOR.
(3) Range - Aussies WW2, New Guinea and the Islands, figures, tanks (Matildas) and 25lb guns and crew,
I live and dream in hope.^&grin^&grin
Cheers Howard
I buy very few TS but I would certainly buy Aussies in NG or Korea... the Israeli 6 day day war would be very interesting,,,but,,,like the Korean war ,that is also a forgotten war and the war in Iraq and Afghan does not seem to be of much interest either ....I dont honestly think it would be in K&C interest to produce any of these TS....Vietnam is a much bigger thing in the USA than in Aust...but...I have only seen a few US soldiers of that era....and hardly any on Iraq/Afghan....in the small standard TS scale that is ...there appears to be a fair amount in the1/16 scale which seems to be becoming popular these days....I think any chance of any real Aust WW2 soldiers being produced ( apart from K&C...ALH ),ceased with the sad demise of WETS.....I hope I am wrong....regards TomB

All,

Just a thought on this thread. I know a lot of you would like to see military addition, but I am a huge fan of the civilian side of King and Country. So. during the Texas Toy Show of 2013 I mentioned to Andy to add Mr. Reginald Johnston to the Imperial China Collection. His book Twilight in the Forbidden City was the basis for the film "The Last Emperor" and I think he would be a great addition to that series as he was an integral part of Puyi's story.

Also, "The Streets of Old Mexico" would spread the popularity of the hobby to Latin and South America. A lot could be done with that series to include haciendas, cantina's, missions, vaquero's, rancheros, cabelleros, senoritas, pistoleros, bandidtos (what badges?) padres, nuns, ninos, ninas, patrons, patronas, shopkeeps, burros and the whole spaghetti themed west. I think it would be fun.

Lastly, a "Medal of Honor" series would be pretty neat. I had the honor of spending some time with MOH Recipient Roy Benavides USA (ret) while he was alive. He is a legend in the Army and a hero to his community here in Texas. However, there are so many more MOH recipients who are forgotten and a thorough look into their bravery could warrant a resurgence of interest of MOH recipients past, present and future.

Those are my thoughts on this thread,

John

1. WWI Americans
2. Aztecs, Incas and Spanish Conquistadors.

For next years centenary;

Christmas 1914 truce figures, British and German at Ploegsteert/ 'Plugstreet'
WW1 recruiting scene
WW1 British Tommies in the mud of Passchendaele.

General;
Any Home front figures WW2.
Battle of Britain plotting table with WAAF's in tin hats etc.

Any of the above figures would make me a very Happy collecting bunny!:smile2:

Rob

Also, "The Streets of Old Mexico" would spread the popularity of the hobby to Latin and South America. A lot could be done with that series to include haciendas, cantina's, missions, vaquero's, rancheros, cabelleros, senoritas, pistoleros, bandidtos (what badges?) padres, nuns, ninos, ninas, patrons, patronas, shopkeeps, burros and the whole spaghetti themed west. I think it would be fun.

like it

Problem with that is they like to change the paint only for 250 range. Vietnam would require a hardware change. But I'd like any of them to be made. A small range of figs with a Cent could be made for the Gloster Hill battle in Korea

I would like to see a new series about the thirty years war in Europe.

Regards
Stefan

I also like it, but I would LOVE:

-Moses (LOJ)
-Another Donkey set or Ox Cart (LOJ)
-All three of the wise men (LOJ)
-More RAF ground crew (RAF)
-Winston Churchill with adjustable limbs (RAF/FOB)
-Another RAF Typhoon (RAF)
-A Mess. 109(e) (LW)
-A full Berghof Kitchen Crew (LAH)
-A re-release of the Staff Car or Alternate bomb plot where Hitler actually died. (LAH)
-George Washington crossing the Delaware (AR)
(come to think of it I saw a Blackhawk series where they did the life of Napoleon, I would love one for Alexander Hamilton (Hint Hint Andy!!!) (AR)

What do you guys think?

How about either a German 88mm or a 10.5 field gun in field grey. For the Battle of France or invasion of Russia?

I think Field Grey looks great, but I really think Field Gray looks better!

No harm no foul chum. Panzer Ace gave me a little nudge to fix me spelling - figured I would pass on the good deed!! {sm4}

All,

I would love to see Dietz's idea of WWI and Aztecs, Incas and Conquistadors. I would probably have to take a loan for the latter. Plus, I like Cicero's idea on LOJ and G Washington on Delaware, that would be absolutely stunning!

John

All,

I would love to see Dietz's idea of WWI and Aztecs, Incas and Conquistadors. I would probably have to take a loan for the latter. Plus, I like Cicero's idea on LOJ and G Washington on Delaware, that would be absolutely stunning!

John

Yes, I really think it should be a SL maybe out of 250-300. It may be a bit pricey, but the premium paint and rarity would make it worth it to us AR collectors!

I think Field Grey looks great, but I really think Field Gray looks better!

No harm no foul chum. Panzer Ace gave me a little nudge to fix me spelling - figured I would pass on the good deed!! {sm4}

LOL, mine was not a nudge, I spell it with an e too. Gray on my tablet auto corrects to Gary. I put in quotes sometimes to avoid that.

Considering how long the Allies spent fighting their way up Italy, I'd really like to see some figures & AV's for this period. Personally I think it's an untapped campaign that is ripe for the picking.

Considering how long the Allies spent fighting their way up Italy, I'd really like to see some figures & AV's for this period. Personally I think it's an untapped campaign that is ripe for the picking.

Love the idea! Maybe add a command post with Patton and Bradley (big George C Scott fan)

The only thing that would top it is Patton using his ivory handled pistols to shoot at a junker - I can see it now, the vignette could be called "Air-Superiority!?!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back