What's your latest WB purchase? (1 Viewer)

rharry

Private 1st Class
Because Jan may be a big month I added to my WWl Somme collection with item #23011. So now two WWl items....will slowly get there........looking forward to the ACW releases.......

The Britain sets are slowly arriving, 3 Zulu & 3 Nile last week, expecting 5 Zulu & 2 Nile in Jan, leaving both series almost completed from what was shown in the Feb 2010 catalogue. Not sure why the Nile Highlander 'at the ready' 27018 has been postponed until May, maybe because I ordered 5 of them. Taken the opportunity while the releases have slowed to complete the entire Delhi Durbar range to date. It will be interesting to see how 2011 will be played out by Britain's as they move to quarterly releases. Cheers, Robin.

Just bought the old Limited Edition Band of the Royal Engineers & the new guards toy soldier exclusive Redcoat Coldstream Guards Pioneer, both great purchases.

Craig

Haven't bought anything in a while, my dealer doesn't seem to be sending my items to me :mad:

Hi Scott,

Get a new dealer. I have been picking up mostly older items and am also awaiting the arrival of several figures I ordered through the club. They are Crimean War figures and some Camel Corps figures.

Dave

Gentle Friends,

My latest purchase is the result of a discovery I made in an antique mall. While spending several hours helping my wife look for hidden treasures for her collection, I had the good fortune of stumbling across a magnificent set of figures. As I passed a particular locked case full of a variety of small antiques, a familiar burgundy colored box caught my eye. I looked more closely at the box and determined it was a W. Britains box. Further, if the contents were as stated on the box, a Collectors Club set of figures could be found within.

Quickly, I found an employee and asked him to open the case for me. He did so and he handed me the box for my examination. Carefully, I opened the lid and found six smaller boxes inside. Much to my astonishment, the six boxes contained mint figures. I inquired about the price and nearly fainted. I asked about a discount and was granted one. At that point, I could not reach for my wallet quickly enough. :D

The prize I purchased was the 1996 W. Britains Collectors Club set of the Regimental Band of the Sherwood Foresters. I am proud to say the set can now be found on display in one of my curio cabinets. Below, you should see a few photos of the set. I hope you enjoy viewing it.

A few more photos of this set will follow in the next frame.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Attachments

• Soldiers4164.jpg
    Soldiers4164.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 204
  • Soldiers4166.jpg
    Soldiers4166.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Soldiers4168.jpg
    Soldiers4168.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 202
  • Soldiers4169.jpg
    Soldiers4169.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 203
  • Soldiers4170.jpg
    Soldiers4170.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 198
Gentle Friends,

The additional photos of the Sherwood Foresters Regimental Band can be found below. Every time I view these figures, I have to smile, both at the set and at my good fortune to having discovered it in the antique mall. Sometimes, really nice things happen at the least expected moment. Discovering the unexpected is one of the really neat things about our hobby.

Attachments

• Soldiers4171.jpg
    Soldiers4171.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Soldiers4172.jpg
    Soldiers4172.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 195
  • Soldiers4173.jpg
    Soldiers4173.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 198
  • Soldiers4174.jpg
    Soldiers4174.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 195
  • Soldiers4176.jpg
    Soldiers4176.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 196
WOW Pat,

Its a really nice set and the box in a box thing is like one of the russian dolls great fun to open and see what is next!

Dave

Excellent find and great story. A fantastic set
Mitch

Someone may say , “What a coincidence that you walked into that shop”. But I’ve always believed “Coincidence is a messenger sent by truth”. So those figures were just waiting for you to come by and take them home……..What a nice set……….

Two of the new troopers are in the mail so thanks to WB for our Christmas present...........

Excellent set Pat, very nice indeed

Cheers

Martyn:)

Just ordered ACW Iron Brigade 31058 and 31059 should arrive within a week.......thank you WB for getting them out.......

Hi Scott,

Get a new dealer. I have been picking up mostly older items and am also awaiting the arrival of several figures I ordered through the club. They are Crimean War figures and some Camel Corps figures.

Dave

I ordered a bunch of those too.:D

Gentle Friends,

The additional photos of the Sherwood Foresters Regimental Band can be found below. Every time I view these figures, I have to smile, both at the set and at my good fortune to having discovered it in the antique mall. Sometimes, really nice things happen at the least expected moment. Discovering the unexpected is one of the really neat things about our hobby.

Now you just need the accompanying figures...I think there were some:confused:

A riding wounded camel corpsman I am restoring,The camel in better shape then the rider

My next purchase will be the WW 1 18 pounder with crew vickers machine gun section and gun emplacement all of which are superb and some of the best WW1 sets I have seen to date
Mitch

I have to say there are some great purchases here! I recently found a place that had 3 of the 13th Light Dragoons from the Crimean War series so I nabbed them and they are in route! Very pleased with that pick up since I am working on that display. I hope to have two display cabinets in the next few weeks and will be very happy to un-box my guys from the move.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back