Where to Put K&C Dio Threads? (1 Viewer)

Where to Put K&C Dio Threads?

• I prefer that all K&C dio threads go into the dio sub-forum and not in the main K&C discussion area.

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • I prefer that dio threads continue to go in either the dio sub-forum or the main discussion area.

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dear Shannon,

This is an intresting poll!
I have never realised the consequences of opening a small thread with some pics on the general forum, but the number of replies are obvious. The average number of replies on a dio thread is about 25? instead of a few hundreds on the discussion threads. We , dio froggers, are the Sylvester Stallones of he forum: No talking but plenty action!
Indeed, by opening threads with less replies, we are slowing down discussings by pushing other threads away to the second page...
My suggestions:
- dios in the subforum
- one thread per dioposter/member
- also diothreads where everyone can post together about the same subject: Waterloo, Bastonge, Normandy etc.: its nice to compare different styles and ideas to improve your work
- on the general forum a so called promotion thread, a member can advertise there his last pictures so that we don't have to go through the whole subforum to discover the last edition of pics.
Eddy{sm4}

This suggestion sounds gd :) there are some members who have been constantly posting their wonderful dios. We can have sub threads that form under the particular member(like a folder). Think it is really nice to have references and inspiration which can be assess easily. I have also looked through Carlo's thread countless times, but one must remember a particular page in order to view the same dio again.

Was the single thread per person for dio's not supposed to have been the whole Idea behind the K&C dio section?? seems a lot of unecessary discussion and voting for what seems a simple soloution. we have the dio section just ensure that its used correctly.

Not sure the one theme for everyone would work as collectors who have eclectic collections will be posting all over to keep them within theme. Post all the dio's you make under your own thread and let people if they wish look at the whole thread. If there are some dio's you fancy going back and looking at at a later date write down what page of that persons thread they were at and its easy to find.
Mitch

Was the single thread per person for dio's not supposed to have been the whole Idea behind the K&C dio section?? seems a lot of unecessary discussion and voting for what seems a simple soloution. we have the dio section just ensure that its used correctly.

Not sure the one theme for everyone would work as collectors who have eclectic collections will be posting all over to keep them within theme. Post all the dio's you make under your own thread and let people if they wish look at the whole thread. If there are some dio's you fancy going back and looking at at a later date write down what page of that persons thread they were at and its easy to find.
Mitch

Sounds like a good idea to me Mitch, that is what I do on the railway forum I am on. I have a thread for my layout and when I do updates I just search for the post and then add the info........simples :)

I agree with the fact that dio's posted in the general K&C section get about 4 times more response and activity that those placed in a specific users diorama section.
One has to agree without new diorama pics popping up, things can get slow at times.

Just a general thought that is completely based on opinion, sub-forums tend to dilute the overall feel of the forum itself.

I prefer the main K&C forum. When I post dio images on the dio forum, I get very little response, compared to when I put my dio images on the main K&C forum. The dio forum seems to get very little response, compared to the main K&C forum. I personally think the main forum would be less exciting, without dio postings on it.

I prefer the main K&C forum. When I post dio images on the dio forum, I get very little response, compared to when I put my dio images on the main K&C forum. The dio forum seems to get very little response, compared to the main K&C forum. I personally think the main forum would be less exciting, without dio postings on it.

I totally agree with you, keeps the forum interesting during the course of the month.

Why do you think that is? Are people not using wNew Content function?

I agree it happens but then do those of us who collect other manufacturers post there or just get less attention?

It does not seem like there are as many “this manufacturer is better than that one” these days.

The K&C area is the section I like the least when posting threads. I find that unless it is about WW2 or Vietnam, it doesn't last long in the spotlight. It's disheartening when you put considerable time in a project to be moved quickly out of the top viewing positions. The prime example happened this morning when 5 different threads were posted in 14 minutes. I also notice that a lot of guys are stuck in their ways and tend to stick to what they collect. Now I can understand that partially but I like to appreciate what other gents are contributing and what they have put into a diorama. This has led to me losing interest in the forum. Sorry that these comments might upset some people but a reality check is required. Regards Sapper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back