Which is the most accurate M26 Pershing; Figarti or TCS? (2 Viewers)

katana

Command Sergeant Major
I am planning to aquire an M26 Pershing model for a diorama. Which is more accurate in detail; the Figarti or TCS model? Thank You

I did some research for these models. They are both pretty detailed. The TCS markings are not completely correct. The Figarti model is only pre-order so who knows what the final product will look like.

Only 20 Pershings made it into combat. None had whitewash.

Terry

I agree taht few saw combat in WWII and none had whitewash; however they were major combatants against the T34-85 in Korea. I am contemplating a diorama with a Figarti T34-85 I have with an M-26. The Figarti T34-85 is excellent and I want the M-26 to be of the same quality.
I wonder when the Figarti will be available. I have seen a photo of a repaint of the TCS M26 that looks very good. A shame the overdone rust had to be toned down. The M-26 totally dominated the T34-85 in Korea.

I agree taht few saw combat in WWII and none had whitewash; however they were major combatants against the T34-85 in Korea. I am contemplating a diorama with a Figarti T34-85 I have with an M-26. The Figarti T34-85 is excellent and I want the M-26 to be of the same quality.
I wonder when the Figarti will be available. I have seen a photo of a repaint of the TCS M26 that looks very good. A shame the overdone rust had to be toned down. The M-26 totally dominated the T34-85 in Korea.

Well...this doesnt include all TCS AFVs but some of them are among my favourites of my collection (King Tiger for example), and the best part is that they are complatible in size with oversized KnC figures!

The majority of my polystone AFV collection is Figarti and TCS. The TCS 2008 Stug III and Tiger I were their best AFV's IMHO. The more recent Jagdpanther is of equal quality and ther figures with all of these models are excellent. Brian's figures have very dynamic poses and are very well painted; plus the are scaled to the vehicle and are realistic as opposed to oversized figures stuffed into undersized vehicles! I really like that the hatches open and close on TCS AFV's. Very flexable for display and Dioramas. I find Figarti AFV's to be equal or slightly better than TCS; but the figures are inferior. Overall I consider the two firms equivalent; both have technical errors in their products; but generally they produce a very good product. Thomas Gunn has produced some very good vehicles. I have the Hetzer and I believe it is very well done. The camouflage is excellent and the colors are text book accurate on the Normandy version; as good as the Figarti Jagdpanzer! The size is smaller than 1/30, so oversize figures are a problem. One previous poster said Figarti is Hit or Miss as far as product quality. I think all Toy Soldier manufacturers fall into that catagory. All have occasional quality and technical issues. Such is life.

I have the TCS M26 and like it, despite the "saturated" rust.
If you have the Figarti T-34, I would use a Figarti M26 as the TCS version is 1/28th scale, compared to the Figarti 1/30th.
Her's a pic with the TCS Easy Eight.
m26 ez 02.jpg

Thank you for the excellent photo and the scale information. The Figarti T34-85 is very well done and I hope the M26 is as good. Your TCS M26 looks very nice. I believe Kilted Vampire posted photos of a repaint he did of a TCS M26 to refine the rust!

Now that the Figarti M26 is widely available, can anyone comment on which is the more accurate model. Figarti or TCS?

I just received the Figarti M26 Pershing and am now comparing it to the CS model. Without getting into the scale argument, the CS version is bulkier. There is a difference in the color of the paint. The CS turret is larger as is the cover all length. Side by side you can tell the CS M26 is bigger. Both are well detailed.
Hope this helps.
Fran

Below are a few pics comparing CS , Figarti, FOV (1/32) and Tamiya (1/35) Pershings - between the Figarti and CS (re-weathered and decals by me), the CS is larger and as mentioned in the previous post its turret and gun barrel look too big and out of proportion. Figarti looks great for 1/30, but IMO the best ready-made Pershing is FOV for detail and price.
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_3434 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_3434 (1024x768).jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 767
  • IMG_3432 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_3432 (1024x768).jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_3428 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_3428 (1024x768).jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_3435 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_3435 (1024x768).jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 433
Thank you for taking the time to photo graph and then post these shots.

Thanks,

Carlos

Great photos Mike! Really shows the size difference between the scales and why accurate scale is so important to realism. I agree that the FOV is the best bang for the buck in M26 tanks; even has an engine with opening hatches! The TSC is 1/28 and the Figarti is 1/30; thus the size difference. Your excellent photos show the level of detail on all of the models is quite good. I have two large scale M26's; a 1/24 FOV RC model and a 1/16 Heng Long RC M26 Snow Leopard. The RC models are fun as the suspensions work and the tracks are articulated; which gives a very realistic appearance. Oddly enough you can purchase RC M26's for 1/2 the cost of the polystone models and they have more opening hatches and moving parts. The 1/24 FOV is as accurate as the 1/32 FOV M26. I have the TCS Patton figure standing next to mine in a diorama. My question has been answered as to which is the better model in polystone. I will order a Figarti. You cannot have too many M26 Pershings!

Below are a few pics comparing CS , Figarti, FOV (1/32) and Tamiya (1/35) Pershings - between the Figarti and CS (re-weathered and decals by me), the CS is larger and as mentioned in the previous post its turret and gun barrel look too big and out of proportion. Figarti looks great for 1/30, but IMO the best ready-made Pershing is FOV for detail and price.
Mike

Great photographic comparison. The FOV is impressive for the price!

What is the size of the Figarti Pershing; width and length.

Great photographic comparison. The FOV is impressive for the price!

What is the size of the Figarti Pershing; width and length.

Katana, get the Figarti one while you can...I have the impression that Figarti took the same way as Honour Bound...

Chemiebay; I am leaning in that direction as the TCS has some inaccuracies. The Figarti M26 is available on Ebay from several sources for $199.00. The FOV is interesting in several respects; I measured one and it is 1/30 scale! A full size M26 is 340"long X 138" wide X 109" high. The FOV model is 11"long x 4.5" wide X 3.625" high. Divide the latter numbers into the former and you get the following ratios: length 1/30.5:width 1/30.6: height 1/30.2. Basicly the FOV M26 is 1/30 scale; but in Diecast Metal with superior detail to the Figarti polystone version at 33% of the price.
I measured my FOV Jagdtiger and again came up with 1/30 scale. I think before they quit production FOV was starting to change scale from 1/32 to 1/30 to expand their market. My M26 is a later version so it could be new tooling at the lager scale versus the original. My Jagdtiger is a new model and also measures 1/30. My older FOV Jagdpanther measures 1/31.6 or rounded 1/32 for all practical purposes. Very interesting!

image.jpeg
Chemiebay; I am leaning in that direction as the TCS has some inaccuracies. The Figarti M26 is available on Ebay from several sources for $199.00. The FOV is interesting in several respects; I measured one and it is 1/30 scale! A full size M26 is 340"long X 138" wide X 109" high. The FOV model is 11"long x 4.5" wide X 3.625" high. Divide the latter numbers into the former and you get the following ratios: length 1/30.5:width 1/30.6: height 1/30.2. Basicly the FOV M26 is 1/30 scale; but in Diecast Metal with superior detail to the Figarti polystone version at 33% of the price.
I measured my FOV Jagdtiger and again came up with 1/30 scale. I think before they quit production FOV was starting to change scale from 1/32 to 1/30 to expand their market. My M26 is a later version so it could be new tooling at the lager scale versus the original. My Jagdtiger is a new model and also measures 1/30. My older FOV Jagdpanther measures 1/31.6 or rounded 1/32 for all practical purposes. Very interesting!
If the figarti Pershing is 1/30 scale how can the FOV Version be as going by the photo the FOV version is a lot smaller ^&confuse

Neil; numbers do not lie. The FOV M26 is 1/30 scale and I ran an average of all three dimensions to assure accuracy. The sources for the dimensions of the M26 were cross checked with multiple reliable sources. The photo indictes that both the TCS and Figarti M26s are larger than 1/30 scale.
TCS typically runs 1/28 to 1/27. I expect the Figarti is at least 1/29; which is not atypical for 1/30 vehicles given the tollerances of polystone.

I would appreciate someone providing the dimensionof both the TCS and Figarti M26, so I can calculate the actual scale.

I received some data for the Figarti M26. The width is 5 inches. The FOV M26 width is 4.5 inches The width of a vehicle is the most accurate dimension to measure as it is not confused by where the measurement was made. The M26 is 138 inches wide. The Figarti M26 scale is 1/27.6. The FOV M26 scale is 1/30.3. The TCS M26 per the comparison photo must be at least 1/26 scale. The scales are calculated on a limited data base of one sample of each model, so individual samples will vary. I look forward to receiving data on the TCS M26.
The only M26 model compatable with true 60mm figures would be the FOV.

A rule of thumb for figure compatability with M26 model is the barrel relative to the figure height. The firing height of the M26 90mm gun is 78 inches. A figure standing below the barrel with about 1/2 a head clearence would be size compatable. FL figures meet that criteria with the FOV M26.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back