Winter Jagdpanther (1 Viewer)

Mitch

Major General
Next to my HB Jagdpanthers this has to be the best released JP. I know the statement is my opinion but, this is just superb. I have just bought the winter version and I think for the money this really is a great AFV. The only thing is the decals are not dry rub but, waterslide so, you can see the backing but, its not a huge problem.

Track and wheel detail is excellent also and, with the recent discussions about detail from Figarti etc I think CS have done some of the better AFV's on the market

I nearly passed on these until I repainted a few and then had to buy some. Now I have four The detail is very good and I like the fact that you get a destroyed track and there is photo etch on the air vents.

You really can't get much better than these JP's
Mitch

Attachments

• DSCF8862.JPG
    DSCF8862.JPG
    298.7 KB · Views: 605
  • DSCF8865.JPG
    DSCF8865.JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 490
  • DSCF8867.JPG
    DSCF8867.JPG
    296.1 KB · Views: 502
  • DSCF8870.JPG
    DSCF8870.JPG
    266.5 KB · Views: 496
  • DSCF8872.JPG
    DSCF8872.JPG
    277.1 KB · Views: 505
Agree that this is a great value for the money and a terrific model.

Attachments

• DSC_0402.JPG
    DSC_0402.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 301
  • DSC_0371.JPG
    DSC_0371.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 301
Mitch i would go as far and say its better than the HB version (This one is IMO).................:salute::

Picture001-5.jpg

Picture004-5.jpg

Picture003-6.jpg

Picture005-5.jpg

Picture002-6.jpg

Wayne...

Nice JP!!! I will be doing a winter job on this one whenever I get time

Wayne...

Nice JP!!! I will be doing a winter job on this one whenever I get time

Mitch ,

It is ironic for me that you started this Winter Jagdpanther thread today...I just last night ordered my first Jagdpanther (Winter) , it is the K&C one though...I have not seen any of these in person...But the CS one looks great...I have as i have mentioned to you before stayed away from winter themed items...So as to concentrate on DAK , 8th Army, & early war period...That theory has gone by the wayside for me as of late...I believe after seeing your winter weathering technique & AFV's , i bought the TGM Hetzer last month & that sealed my fate !! I am really looking forward to seeing your winter job on the Jagdpanther ! I plan on posting some pic's of the Jagdpanther when i get it {sm4}...I am going to look into the CS one as well...

Thanks...

Joe

I love mine ...I have 4 of them ...... but I have not done the size test yet

Are they the big or the small ( in other words do they fit the FL scenario or the mainstream scenario )

Mitch

I really like CS vehicles. Unfortunately they made some critical mistakes on some favorites of mine, the cupola of the IVG, wheels of the early Tiger, and the slope of the new Panther bothers me, but the Pershing, PzIII, 88 & 232 are REALLY sweet. If they could just stop these annoying errors

or at least make the errors on late run Tigers, PZ IV's & JP's :)

Next to my HB Jagdpanthers this has to be the best released JP. I know the statement is my opinion but, this is just superb. I have just bought the winter version and I think for the money this really is a great AFV. The only thing is the decals are not dry rub but, waterslide so, you can see the backing but, its not a huge problem.

Track and wheel detail is excellent also and, with the recent discussions about detail from Figarti etc I think CS have done some of the better AFV's on the market

I nearly passed on these until I repainted a few and then had to buy some. Now I have four The detail is very good and I like the fact that you get a destroyed track and there is photo etch on the air vents.

Mitch

I think the CS is the best Jagdpanther to date. Unfortunatly the HB Jagdpanther has a major error. The roof is flat not angled as it should be. The CS has a minor problem as the Muzzle Brake is too large. I use the reloader set with mine in a diorama on my desk.

I love mine ...I have 4 of them ...... but I have not done the size test yet

Are they the big or the small ( in other words do they fit the FL scenario or the mainstream scenario )

The scale of the CS Jagdpanther is 1/27. Works well with CS, K&C and Thomas Gunn. Oversize for First Legion. The Figarti and Honor Bound Panthers are 4.375 "wide The CS Panther/Jagdpanther is 4.750". A Panther tank is 129" wide sans schurtzen. The Figarti and HB Panthers measure at 1/29.48 scale; about as close as you will get to 1/30 scale with Polyresin.

The scale of the CS Jagdpanther is 1/27. Works well with CS, K&C and Thomas Gunn. Oversize for First Legion. The Figarti and Honor Bound Panthers are 4.375 "wide The CS Panther/Jagdpanther is 4.750". A Panther tank is 129" wide sans schurtzen. The Figarti and HB Panthers measure at 1/29.48 scale; about as close as you will get to 1/30 scale with Polyresin.

Thanks for the heads up.

I believe a dicotomy has arisen with toy soldier collectors. Collectors that build models are more demanding of accuracy than traditional toy soldier collectors who seem to value style over accuracy to a prototype. Firebat and Mitch exemplifie the model building collector mindset; as do I. Figarti and First Legion are the most accurate in both scale and prototype details. Both companies continue to improve their products and experiment with new material and manufacturing techniques. K&C and Thomas Gunn are Traditional Toy Soldier manufacturers who stick with tried and tested techniques and materials. Style is a major factor for product identity with these manufacturers i.e. the over scale weapons of K&C figures which are a problem for collectors seeking accurate figures and details. Collectors Showcase seems to fall into the middle ground between the two approaches; being both innovative and toy like stylistically. Given the considerable price increases in Toy Soldier products over the last few years I think in future accuracy will prevail over style in the marketplace; as evidenced by the success of First Legion and Figarti products.

Joe...

As I said to you winter is best!! I look forward to the pics of your repaints of the winter and the new sets your buying.

Katana..

I think you are right about scale and, I was also very surprised at the errors on the HB JP not something I associated with their releases but, it still is stylistically my favourite manufacturer.

With the movement in scale with CS's AFV's I nearly passed on the JP as I mentioned but, this for me is everything good about what CS do.

I nearly posted some pics of the other manufacturers JP's that I have but, did not get around to it
Mitch

Joe...

As I said to you winter is best!! I look forward to the pics of your repaints of the winter and the new sets your buying.

Katana..

I think you are right about scale and, I was also very surprised at the errors on the HB JP not something I associated with their releases but, it still is stylistically my favourite manufacturer.

With the movement in scale with CS's AFV's I nearly passed on the JP as I mentioned but, this for me is everything good about what CS do.

I nearly posted some pics of the other manufacturers JP's that I have but, did not get around to it
Mitch

I would like to see the photos as it would be a valuable comparison. A tricolor ambush pattern HB Jagdpanther has been on Ebay for some time. No box, slight repaired damage to a fender; otherwise in good condition. I would make the poster an offer as the BIN is somewhat high at $325 as is the starting bid at $249.00 given the condition.
The CS Jagdpanther is the only one with the rear hatch that opens allowing for use of the superb CS reloader set in a diorama. I am pleased the CS Jagdpanther is the larger scale as it looks really nice with the 68MM figures being produced today. I love the Jagdpanther, a superb design very efficient and capable of knocking out anything on a WWII battlefield. A classic shoot and scoot vehicle for long range ambush tactics against a numerically superior foe. I have the Minichamps model which is excellent and over the years I have built many 1/35 and 1/25 scale models. Regards

I would like to see the photos as it would be a valuable comparison. A tricolor ambush pattern HB Jagdpanther has been on Ebay for some time. No box, slight repaired damage to a fender; otherwise in good condition. I would make the poster an offer as the BIN is somewhat high at $325 as is the starting bid at $249.00 given the condition.
The CS Jagdpanther is the only one with the rear hatch that opens allowing for use of the superb CS reloader set in a diorama. I am pleased the CS Jagdpanther is the larger scale as it looks really nice with the 68MM figures being produced today. I love the Jagdpanther, a superb design very efficient and capable of knocking out anything on a WWII battlefield. A classic shoot and scoot vehicle for long range ambush tactics against a numerically superior foe. I have the Minichamps model which is excellent and over the years I have built many 1/35 and 1/25 scale models. Regards

I just got my K&C Jagdpanther yesterday...Took a couple of pic's of it before leaving for work...So as to have a comparision to the other maker's...My impression is it is well done , the zimmerit looks good & works well with the winter wash...Come's with two crew members...
Some pic's below...

Thanks,

Joe

phpV6uPxlAM.jpgphpB5k6X5AM.jpgphp3TnmKbPM.jpgphpSu3CXIAM.jpgphpOXs0K7AM.jpg

Last edited:
I just got my K&C Jagdpanther yesterday...Took a couple of pic's of it before leaving for work...So as to have a comparision to the other maker's...My impression is it is well done , the zimmerit looks good & works well with the winter wash...Come's with two crew members...
Some pic's below...

Thanks,

Joe

View attachment 145786View attachment 145787View attachment 145788View attachment 145789View attachment 145790

Thanks for the nice photos. The scale looks correct compared to the figures. The Zimmerit looks good and consistant with the early version mantlet. The sprockets look better blacked. Does the rear hatch open?

Thanks for the nice photos. The scale looks correct compared to the figures. The Zimmerit looks good and consistant with the early version mantlet. The sprockets look better blacked. Does the rear hatch open?

Katana ,

No , the rear hatch is sealed...i got one more pic...an aerial view !

Joe

phpwafr9QAM.jpg

Does anyone have a size comparison between the K&C and TCS

Does anyone have a size comparison between the K&C and TCS
A Jagdpanther is 129 inches wide less Schurtzen. The CS is 4.750 inches wide measured at the front. 4.75 into 129=27.15 or 1/27 scale. Measure the width of the K&C and divide into 129 for the scale. The Figarti Panther is 1/29.48 scale as is the Honor Bound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back