Winter washed german T-34 (1 Viewer)

Mitch

Major General
Chaps..

A couple of posters have asked to see this T-34 so, here it is. forgive the pics as I cannot take pics It was the captured K&C T=34 and all I have done is remove the stowage boxes from the rear and added some extra gear jerry cans of fuel and water and some groundsheets.

With all the talk of a return to the east it seems topical
Mitch

Attachments

• DSCF3217.jpg
    DSCF3217.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCF3227.jpg
    DSCF3227.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 371
  • DSCF3222.jpg
    DSCF3222.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 355
  • DSCF3207.jpg
    DSCF3207.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 363
  • DSCF3210.jpg
    DSCF3210.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 357
Wow.....this is superb.....awesome Mitch

:salute:::salute:::salute::

Mitch love the T-34 you can make a little side money i am sure if you ever want to redoing AFV"S.Looks great thank you for sharing the T-34.Mike B.:)

I have been pondering of doing the same to mine.....maybe turning it back into a Soviet version. But I have a feeling a fresh K&C version will surface,so right now I am playing the waiting game.

Well done Mitch. The weathering looks very realistic. Great looking tank.

Oliver

Mitch
Let me make a very small remark : If you winterize a vehicle do not forget to include the vehicle's markings. There is also a product ( a fluid) on the market that hides the decal film.When I use new markings, I put them on first and then do the repaint .
This is only intended as a positive comment.
guy:)

Excellent work!!!! Winter camo is one of the most difficult to create..(for me at least) had a go a while back on a early KC King Tiger, Turned out a bit mediocre, maybe i will give it another attempt someday!!.

Steve

Guy...

I went through two sets of these decals doing this. I had not used this makers decals before and, wont use them again. I am not a fan of waterslide decals at the best of time using only dry transfers normally. When I applied the fluid you mention it destroyed the decals so, I had one set left and left it off and placed them on plain. It should have been weathered but, I never got around to it and, its since been sold!!!!

No problems about qualifying your remarks I am not one of these people who cannot accept constructive critique
Mitch

Mitch
Let me make a very small remark : If you winterize a vehicle do not forget to include the vehicle's markings. There is also a product ( a fluid) on the market that hides the decal film.When I use new markings, I put them on first and then do the repaint .
This is only intended as a positive comment.
guy:)

Steve...

Its a very interesting pattern to do and, I always do it by applying the base colour first in this case matt grey two coats. Then airbrush white onto the model. Let it dry and, then attack it with alcohol thinner and a stipple brush and cloth. If you do small sections at a time you get a really good finish.

There are products now on the market from Mig their winter wash (is very good) and, AK interactive which, do the same as what I have mentioned. I have tried them recently and, are very good but, once you find a way that suits you and gives the results its usual that you will follow that way.

Look forward to seeing some of your work.
Mitch

Excellent work!!!! Winter camo is one of the most difficult to create..(for me at least) had a go a while back on a early KC King Tiger, Turned out a bit mediocre, maybe i will give it another attempt someday!!.

Steve

Mitch,

Fantastic, as usual! I only wish I had the skills, and the courage, to do the same....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back