With the "Old Breed" (1 Viewer)

MajorDad

Private
Some pictures of King and Country's earlier Marines. I have added a few of the newer Japanese.

All the rage at the moment. Lots on the forum will like this, me included. Robin.

Now that's a cool display and the bottles & books are a nice touch!:salute::

What a great display! :) That's an amazing mix of the old with the new then it all looks fantastic..and last but not least.... the bottles with sand are the icing on the cake :eek:

So, I ought to tell you: well done, mate!

Cheers

Enrico :salute::

P.S. : I love the old breed!!

An unusual and most impressive display. Looks great !:salute::

Steve

The fairly New figure JN030 , charging Flagbearer, would go really well in here, one of the best K & C figures I've seen ( and own ) . Good to see collections set up this way.

Very cool with the bottles of ground material in the background. Very nice display. Chris

Hello MajorDad,
Let me also add my congratulations on a magnificent display.
Most of the Pacific WWII displays have been of K&C's news Japanese and USMC sets. It is nice to see the "old breed" sets on display.

Sadly (for me) I only have a few of those sets but I an looking .....
Yes, they are available on eBay, but the price is outa' sight.

As stated those bottles of Pacific Island sand are a wonderful touch.
Can you tell us how you acquired them ...? (Personally?)

It is interesting to note the variations in the color of the sand.
If possible can you photograph them (out of the display) so we can appreciate the color differences.

Thanks very much for giving us the opportunity to see your superb collection.

--- LaRRy

Very nice display!
I like the way how you mix everything, books figures and of course the sand bottles. thank you for sharing.

Harry😄👍

Hello MajorDad,
Let me also add my congratulations on a magnificent display.
Most of the Pacific WWII displays have been of K&C's news Japanese and USMC sets. It is nice to see the "old breed" sets on display.

Sadly (for me) I only have a few of those sets but I an looking .....
Yes, they are available on eBay, but the price is outa' sight.

As stated those bottles of Pacific Island sand are a wonderful touch.
Can you tell us how you acquired them ...? (Personally?)

It is interesting to note the variations in the color of the sand.
If possible can you photograph them (out of the display) so we can appreciate the color differences.

Thanks very much for giving us the opportunity to see your superb collection.

--- LaRRy

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I have had a lot of fun collecting the Marines and Japanese over the years. As for the sand, as the division engineer officer for the 3rd Marine Division on Okinawa, I was part of a team that was sent to islands that we had fought on to evaluate the condition of the airfields and for training area availability. I don't believe anything came of our study except I was able to tour the old battlefields. As for Iwo Jima I was able to attend a battle study that went to the island. The Japanese military restricts visits since they now occupy Iwo Jima again. One of the islands that I never did get to was Betio in the Tarawa Atoll. I made up for it by getting to Peleliu twice though. I was truly fortunate to be in the right place at the right time.; A once in a life time experience. BTW lived on Okinawa for four years and I forgot to get sand from there. To close to the trees to see the forest I guess. Anyway, happy collecting.

Although i am not a collector of WWII Pacific items i really enjoy what you guys are putting out in the way of dio"s and i love to see that collectors are more and more "thinking outside the box"as to how they display their collections!!. Obviously a diorama really brings vehicles and figures to life
and there is some terrific work to be seen on the forum, but a little fantasy in putting figures/tanks with real WWII items or as you have done with the book and bottles of sand works beautifully and adds much more interest than just shelves full of dioramas....top marks!!!!!!!!!!.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back