Working on my new diorama (2 Viewers)

Guy

Major
I am working on a scene set in Paris in 1943.
Can show you something already :
My improved version of FOB095 ( table and chairs/ picture of the Original table and the improved one= marble top) and an almost finished building that will be central in the scene.
More to follow
Guy:smile2:
DSCI0269_08b.jpg

DSCI0260_503.jpg

To draw an analogy to horse racing … YOU are fast out of the gate! :rolleyes:

--- LaRRy

Amazing difference The first table was sufficient as a model until it was redone. Side by side there is no comparisson

Terry

Agree Guy the table is awesome how did you do it?
The beauty of your dios is the details

Agree Guy the table is awesome how did you do it?
The beauty of your dios is the details

I will try to explain :
use very , very fine plastic card as a base. (0,1mm)
draw a circle with a width of 3cm across and cut it out,
draw some very fine lines with grey oil paint.( make sure the lines intercross here and there and use some different tones of grey oil paint)
remove the excess paint with a paper tissue ( by pressing the tissue on the paint and lifting it. Make sure you do it without rubbing !!!!)
dab the painted lines with a dry thick brush to smooth them out (I used a N°6 flat brush)
with another fine flat brush (N°0) and a little bit of thinner, do a gentle dabbing all over again , so that the lines become softer and lighter and blend in more with the table top. ( be carefull because here you can ruin all the work you did before, as I found out)
press a paper tissue on the surface again to remove more paint and excess thinner. Dab again with a dry brush.
Repeat the above until you are satisfied with the result
when satisfied with the result let it dry for at least 24 hours.
finish with a layer of matt varnish .
Guy:smile2:

PS: for the collectors with less patience ,an easier solution is to go on the internet , find some marble prints, print them out and cut out a paper circle of 3cm, but where is the pleasure in that ??????

Hi guy-great work on this dio. Here is one I made that continues on this theme. I'm going to have to redo my tables now that I've seen your technique
Pat

IMG_1809-XL.jpg

Hi there,

To stay in the mood, with that scene those figures would perfectly fit : WS275 & FOB171.

They would certainly fit in Pat's scene, but I don't think they would very much appreciate the presence of a FELDGENDARM in mine!!!!
guy{sm2}

another small transformation I made: I put the drunken German officer on one of the café chairs
and I finished a sratch built small laurel tree in a flower box
Guy
DSCI0273_955.jpg

Tomorrow pictures of the finished diorama "Paris 1943 ""Ausweispapiere bitte""
The Story starts : A Sunny summer afternoon in Paris in 1943…..
more tomorrow …….
guy:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back