WWII 9th Armored Division Display (1 Viewer)

Hi Mike,
Very well done…I am looking forward to seeing the end results.

FYI…I just finished sculpting a couple GIs for the interior of the halftrack and I am working on three more for later this year. I will post images here and on Facebook as they get closer to release. In the short term here are three I used standing along side the vehicle when we received our first production samples.
All the best,
Ken

Attachments

• IMG_2109.jpeg
    IMG_2109.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 147
Hi Mike,
Very well done…I am looking forward to seeing the end results.

FYI…I just finished sculpting a couple GIs for the interior of the halftrack and I am working on three more for later this year. I will post images here and on Facebook as they get closer to release. In the short term here are three I used standing along side the vehicle when we received our first production samples.
All the best,
Ken

Thanks so much Ken. I was hoping that some GIs for the Halftrack interior would be produced. Great news for sure and something more to look forward to. I know WWII US Armor and GIs are a far cry from the American Civil War but once I saw the M3A1 I was hooked. All the best,

Mike

Last edited:
Gotta luv delivery day. Tank crew sets 25215, 25216, and 25270 arrived this morning. Very nicely done add on sets for the M4A3 Sherman's. I really like the inclusion of a lamented card stock information card in each set as well as the stamped ID information on the bottom of each base.

Mike

PXL_20240216_180708466~2_H4e0szLz8c.jpeg

PXL_20240216_180708466~3_W3vnvSTJ97.jpeg

PXL_20240216_181003656~2_PK8jDNQH5f.jpeg

PXL_20240216_181003656~3_6hsNNFt47E.jpeg

Yes you've made an attractive diorama with plenty of room for changing positions of vehicles and troops, telling different stories and would fit quite a few other historical eras. Well done Mike !

Nice looking tank and scene you have there, Mike! Are you back to collecting W. Britains now? Been a while since I've seen you post any.

Yes you've made an attractive diorama with plenty of room for changing positions of vehicles and troops, telling different stories and would fit quite a few other historical eras. Well done Mike !

Thank you very much Steve. Although I have made this diorama specifically for the WB WWII US Armor and GIs, your observation is spot on. With a minimal amount of rearranging I could use this display for many different figures and time frames.

Nice looking tank and scene you have there, Mike! Are you back to collecting W. Britains now? Been a while since I've seen you post any.

Thanks Cameron. Once I saw the M3A1 Halftrack I decided to " dip my toe" a tad bit into the US WWII offerings that WB is introducing.
Mike

SO much fun watching you build this out, keep ‘em coming

SO much fun watching you build this out, keep ‘em coming

Thank you Mike. The next installment will be this coming Tuesday when the WB new Collectors Club tank crew figure 50124C is supposed to be delivered.

Mike

Thank you Mike. The next installment will be this coming Tuesday when the WB new Collectors Club tank crew figure 50124C is supposed to be delivered.

Mike
That was my choice for Collectors Club too, but haven't received any shipping info on it as yet.

That was my choice for Collectors Club too, but haven't received any shipping info on it as yet.

Per the USPS tracking updates, my Collectors Club packet arrived in Madison, WI yesterday afternoon and is now at my local Post Office this morning. It would be delivered tomorrow if it wasn't President's Day. Something to look forward to on Tuesday . . .

Mike

The 2024 Collector's Club figure 50124C, US Tanker In Bib Overalls, 1941-1945, was delivered to my door this morning. A nice figure and addition to my M4A3 Sherman Tank crew.

Mike
PXL_20240220_201837813~3_K2YRSuUY84.jpeg

PXL_20240220_201850199~2_JLrE0KfE7R.jpeg

PXL_20240220_202118409~2_vdUpwF0y4k.jpeg

Last edited:
Adding some more ground work today using Woodland Scenics grasses and grass tuffs and a JG Miniatures tree. Here's some before and after pics from two different views.

Mike
PXL_20240227_174621248~2_WYTqeitx15.jpeg

PXL_20240227_201601675~3_FENP1Am75C.jpeg

PXL_20240227_181301195~2_8Bk64Y8o8A.jpeg

PXL_20240227_202226007~2_2V0JmwPJ3k.jpeg

You are really doing a nice job here Mike and it will make an excellent scenic set for many different displays.
All the best,
Ken

Very, very nice Mike well done :salute::

All the best

Martyn
:)

Looking really good, Mike! I’m really enjoying seeing the progress on your display 😎

You are really doing a nice job here Mike and it will make an excellent scenic set for many different displays.
All the best,
Ken

Thank you very much Ken. Very much appreciated. I'm really enjoying developing this diorama.

Absolutely brilliant Mike, I really enjoy viewing your dioramas.

Thanks for your kind comment Brian. It's good to know that my old eyes and shaky hands can still manage to offer a display that's enjoyable to view.

Very, very nice Mike well done :salute::

All the best

Martyn
:)

So nice of you Martyn to post a kind comment on my efforts. Thank you very much.

Looking really good, Mike! I’m really enjoying seeing the progress on your display 😎

Thanks Tristan. It's coming along little by little. Of course you know I've taken many cues from you using a picture/poster frame as a starting point.

The additional greens add a lot. It is a shame H&A never did a farm gate. Rumor has it, many US resources were used for locating lost cattle in the French countryside when the ongoing battle noises frightened the resident farm animals.

[/COLOR]

Last edited:
The additional greens add a lot. It is a shame H&A never did a farm gate. Rumor has it, many US resources were used for locating lost cattle in the French countryside when the ongoing battle noises frightened the resident farm animals.

[/COLOR]

Thanks Andreas. I remember this photo from several years ago. It's companion photos were just as striking. I totally agree, a gate connecting the barn to the courtyard enclosure would have been awesome. This photo has given me some new ideas on "landscaping" my display.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back