WWII U.S. Armored Division; Tankers & Dogfaces (3 Viewers)

These new Britains figures look great and you're showing them off to their full potential Mike, well done :salute::

Looking at all the ration boxes loaded on the Halftrack those Dogfaces sure won't be going hungry and will have plenty left to trade with as Soldiers do !:wink2:

Everything looks great Mike! Each set up is nicely staged and the WB figures are amazing!

Thanks for posting and sharing this with us. Keep them coming.

Mark

Fantastic scene, Mike! I really like your setup and placement of the vehicles and figures. The H&A barn looks awesome as well!

On a side note, I’ve always liked the darker bases on the W. Britains WWII US and German figures… They blend so much better into different grass and dirt terrains with minimal modification or coverage compared to the tan/sand colored bases one often sees on the figures from other brands like First Legion and War Park.

These new Britains figures look great and you're showing them off to their full potential Mike, well done :salute::

Looking at all the ration boxes loaded on the Halftrack those Dogfaces sure won't be going hungry and will have plenty left to trade with as Soldiers do !:wink2:

Thank you very much Steve. Talking about trading extra rations . . . In the C-rations that we were given to exist on, there was included a small package of cigarettes. I wasn't a smoker and was always able to trade my smokes for more palatable rations like pound cake and fruit cocktail.

Mike

Everything looks great Mike! Each set up is nicely staged and the WB figures are amazing!

Thanks for posting and sharing this with us. Keep them coming.

Mark

Thanks Mark. The new WWII WB U.S. figures are well done as you have noted. I have more in the works. I'm currently working on another framed display as well as creating a "shopping list" for my next purchase of US Armored Infantry figures.

Mike

Fantastic scene, Mike! I really like your setup and placement of the vehicles and figures. The H&A barn looks awesome as well!

On a side note, I’ve always liked the darker bases on the W. Britains WWII US and German figures… They blend so much better into different grass and dirt terrains with minimal modification or coverage compared to the tan/sand colored bases one often sees on the figures from other brands like First Legion and War Park.

Your kind reaction is much appreciated Tristan. Like you, I also like the WB figure bases. I create the soil/dirt areas on my displays by mixing together several Woodland Scenics earth/soil/dirt tones (along with some natural garden material) to closely match the bases. Then, with a minimum amount of "camera magic", I can just about make the bases disappear.

Mike

So cool, Mike. Love that Sherman and half track. You've got a great setting for your US vehicle collection. Looking great!
You make me want to break out my US armor.

Another great thread---WB vehicles and figures have made some huge advances

So cool, Mike. Love that Sherman and half track. You've got a great setting for your US vehicle collection. Looking great!
You make me want to break out my US armor.

Thanks Rob. I really like the Halftrack and Sherman as well. I'm fact, I like the first Sherman I collected so much I went and got a second one.

Mike

Another great thread---WB vehicles and figures have made some huge advances

THX Mike . . . I'm anxiously waiting for the release of the M-18 Hell-Cat which I think is going to be awesome.

Mike

Finished this framed display base this morning. Scenics used were: WB Maple Tree, H&A Damaged Stone Stucco Wall and Backdrop, a blend of Woodland Scenics Turf/Soil/Foliage, and a variety of JG Miniatures grass tuffs. Last picture includes WB "Lucky 13" Halftrack and 3 WB GI's/Dogfaces in raincoats.

Mike
PXL_20240327_165325650_24YAyo3r1j.jpeg

PXL_20240327_165452335_pADXBmnm8M.jpeg

PXL_20240327_165553656~2_MLwOpPwe7q.jpeg

PXL_20240327_170949030~3_Ug4OGpcL0M.jpeg

Finished this framed display base this morning. Scenics used were: WB Maple Tree, H&A Damaged Stone Stucco Wall and Backdrop, a blend of Woodland Scenics Turf/Soil/Foliage, and a variety of JG Miniatures grass tuffs. Last picture includes WB "Lucky 13" Halftrack and 3 WB GI's/Dogfaces in raincoats.

Mike

Darn, Mike, your base looks absolutely fantastic! Amazing and realist work!

Great looking dio, the Armour that you have will look great on it.

THX Spartan.

Darn, Mike, your base looks absolutely fantastic! Amazing and realist work!

Thank you very much Tristan for the kind compliment.

Excellent! The wall is perfect. One day I'd love to be able to make one of these bases.

Thanks Rob. These are not very difficult at all to make. Makes for an enjoyable afternoon.

My first armored infantryman figure and the fifth member of my Sherman Tank crew have arrived. Two very nice figures . . .

Mike

WB #25271, Company Officer w/M18 Carbine
A Co., 27th Infantry Battalion, 9th Armored Division

PXL_20240329_184525129~2_auqJ5pK47R.jpeg

WB #25199 US Tanker w/M3 Grease Gun
A Co., 14th Tank Battalion, 9th Armored Division

PXL_20240329_190928852~2_75rNotgg5F.jpeg

PXL_20240329_190010395~3_hdtzSTqI96.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great!!, everyone's just waiting for the Hellcat to show up, hopefully they don't have to long to wait..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back